SEUNGHOON X NAEUN

What Makes Your Heart Race?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Ride with me “My heart races when I see a girl’s silhouette while riding a bike.”

**

Their D-Day has finally come. The league’s championship was finally today and Seunghoon was pumped up for the final match. As the team’s vice-captain, it was expected of him to be early and help the manager and their coach with the preparations. But luck wasn’t on his side that morning for Seunghoon woke up a tad late compared to what he’s used to.

Seunghoon rushed to his closet and grabbed his soccer uniform, opting to just shower after the game instead. He would get stinky and sweaty during the game anyway. He hastily changed into his uniform and grabbed for his shoes. He then picked up his sports bag on the floor and swiftly checked its contents as he ran down the stairs. He was glad he decided to prepare his things the night before or else he would have panicked while he packed.

With hurried and anxious steps, he bid farewell to his parents and his dog and ran out of their house, a piece of toast between his teeth. He munched his so-called breakfast as he made a run for it to their school’s field. He was grateful the school was close to his house because commuting in this time of day would be hell. At least as he ran towards the school gates, he would have had a slight warm-up.

“Of all days to wake up late…” he grumpily mumbled as he brisk-walked down the busy streets. He effortlessly avoided colliding with people and he could somehow see the school in his line of vision. Seunghoon sighed in relief. “Almost there,” he told himself as he walked faster than before.

He was about to cross the street when a bicycle suddenly appeared in front of him, resulting to Seunghoon slightly losing his balance. Good thing he had good reflexes or else he might’ve gotten an injury before the match. That would’ve been tragic to be honest.

“Yah! Be careful with that!” he angrily screamed at the cyclist. The person riding the bicycle slightly turned their head. Seunghoon then realized the cyclist was a girl – a beautiful girl to boot. His mind instantly went blank.

“Sorry!” the girl quickly apologized to him. She didn’t stop though because it looked like she was also in a hurry. But Seunghoon noticed the girl was also headed to their school.

He supposed she was going to watch their match. She must’ve been a junior or a first year because Seunghoon hasn’t seen her in their building. He would have known someone as beautiful as her if she was also a senior.

Students then unexpectedly flocked in front of him with large banners and noise makers that Seunghoon was suddenly pulled back into the present. “The match!” he exclaimed in realization.

Ridding his thoughts of his encounter with the beautiful cyclist, Seunghoon hurriedly crossed the street and ran towards the school gates. He could vaguely hear the fervent chants of their spectators. It seemed like the whole school was there to support their team. He was extremely touched.

It was their chance to finally bag the trophy after so many years hence he should have expected the tremendous support their school and fellow students would obviously give.

With renewed energy from their cheers, Seunghoon rushed towards the fields and into their dug-out. It was his final league and his final year to play soccer. If they win today, their team would go to nationals and they have another chance to play. But if they lose, Seunghoon, together with the other seniors, would then focus on their studies. College and university entrance exams were just around the corner after all.

This might be their last match or not. But surely, it was their time to shine. Win or lose, they’d definitely give it their all.

 

**

As the referee whistled the end of the game, Seunghoon and his teammates gathered at the center of the field and cheered loudly as they successfully won the championship. Their newcomer, Hanbin, scored the winning goal during the penalty kick and there were no words to explain how proud the whole team was.

Everyone in the field cheered and celebrated as Mino, their captain held the championship trophy high above his head and smiled like an idiot at the audience. Hanbin was being carried by the others as they made their way towards their dug-out, their coach and manager proudly smiling at them.

“Everyone did a great job!” coach Seungri applauded the team as they gathered in the dug-out. “Hanbin-ah, that was a good kick. You certainly improved a lot!” he congratulated the newcomer.

The panda-like coach then eyed the seniors with a goofy grin. “Looks like you guys still have a few matches to play, eh? You guys must’ve thought you could finally escape training but sorry to disappoint, you guys are still required to train,” he teased them. “Yes!” the seniors happily replied.

Everyone was all smiles. Mino was with Chorong, looking all lovey-dovey as the manager congratulated her boyfriend on their win. Taehyun had suddenly gone missing, probably looking for Bomi because as far as Seunghoon knew, the two had finally started dating.

He felt a comforting pat on his back. He turned and saw his fellow senior and good friend, Sungjoo looking at him sympathetically. “I feel you Hoon. They all got girls to celebrate with,” he shook his head in dismay.

Seunghoon chuckled at his friend’s words. It’s not like he’s exceptionally lonely but it would have been nice if he could have at least one person to celebrate their win with.

The face of the beautiful cyclist suddenly popped in his head and Seunghoon wondered if he might get a glimpse of her face again. He was sure he would see her in the audience but since almost the whole school watched the match, there were so many people in the bleachers.

“Come on. Let’s shower Hoonie,” Sungjoo pulled him towards the shower room. He just let the guy pull him as he day-dreamed the beautiful girl riding her bicycle. If he couldn’t see her again today, he hoped he’d get to see her at school.

 

**

Seunghoon and Sungjoo were walking out of the school as the two bumped into Seungyoon, their good friend from another class.

“Yoonie-ah! You watched the match?” Seunghoon greeted. Seungyoon nodded his head. “Congrats by the way guys! You two were awesome out there,” he complimented the duo.

Sungjoo and Seunghoon rolled their eyes at their friend’s words. Seungyoon might have been their friend but he was hardly a soccer fan. Knowing him, he must’ve been pulled by his childhood friend, Jung Eunji. She was the soccer fan between the two. Seungyoon wasn’t exactly the sporty kind of guy.

What the guy lacked in athletics, he exceled in music though. He was a music genius if they were to be honest with themselves.

“Are you waiting for someone by the way? Where’s Eunji?” Sungjoo suddenly asked.

It was just then that Seunghoon realized the music genius wasn’t with his other half. They were inseparable but it seemed like they somehow became separated. “Is the world coming to an end? You’re without Eunji!” Seunghoon joked.

Seungyoon chuckled at his joke and waved it off. “She’s with my cousin. Eunji volunteered to give her a tour,” he explained.

Seunghoon and Sungjoo exchanged glances. “Cousin?” Sungjoo asked with a raised eyebrow. Seungyoon nodded his head. “She’s transferring here next semester from an all-girls school and since she’s close with Eunji, I let her tour my cousin around,” he answered.

“Yah! Kang Mandu!” a very strong Busan accent was suddenly heard. The three guys looked at the voice’s direction and each guy sported different looks.

Seungyoon looked deeply annoyed at the brash girl as she loudly screamed out her nickname for him. He extremely hated it when she called him dumplings to be honest. Meanwhile Sungjoo loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter