〈 cheatsheet 〉

〈 cirque des rêves 〉 apply closed。choosing characters !
CHEATSHEET                UPDATES                REVIEWS          

 

cheatsheet 〉

< the plot > the circus of dreams, or cirque des rêves, has been around for many years. adults used to go there when they were children and it was a land of fantasies for them. the circus was very famous and attracted a lot of people, but because of technology, children's attention switched to television, games and big parks like lotte world or everland. during the past 10 years, the members of the crew have been fighting to keep the circus but their hard work came to nothing. a rich business man bought the field they were on to construct a new luxurious complex. knowing they had no choice, all members left the circus one after another - except for song yeonmin. the boy tried his best to convince them to stay, he went in the streets to bring people but no one came and the crew left. as his hope fades away, a man arrives in the circus. this man is actually the business man who bought the land, but he's not here to fight, he's here to give the male a dare. he'll give him money to take care of the circus and with the help of this money, yeonmin has to create a new show and perform in this circus. The time limit is 6 months. if by the end of the 6 months, he manages to get the circus full of people and please them, the man will back down and pay for the reconstruction of the circus. if he fails, the circus will be destroyed and yeonmin will have to pay something in return for the money the man gave him. of course, he accepts the dare, thinking innocently that it's a hidden way for a nice business man to save the circus - but this man is here to play, and he never lost a dare. yeonmin's first mission is to gather performers and train them for the show - and here you arrive. 

< the story > the whole story will be about the reconstruction of the circus, the training of your characters so as to win the darE. of course, it has a dark atmosphere, however, this story will mostly revolve around the members forming a new family and building new hopes. the characters will live at the circus, in caravans, by group of two or three. there is a low probability that they know anything about circuses, so don't hesitate to make them do something they just dreamt of doing - like tightrope walking despite their vertigo for example - or they can have studied some circus tricks in middle school, everything is possible. you can go crazy in your app, i love crazyness !
UPDATE /!\ you may want your character to be part of the circus before it goes bankrupt and you can, but please take into account that they had huge debts so there is a very low probability for you to be hired recently. i'd say that the latest moment to have been hired would be around 3-4 years before the story. also, please keep in mind that yeonmin will be the trainer, so you won't have any other teacher !

< characters > characters can be female or male, i would need both, though i admit that i am way more comfortable with male characters. age is between 19-25. please, not all characters as 19-y-o babies, we need some mature people over there ! regarding face claims, only ulzzangs and models are allowed, no actors nor idols. nam woong is taken as a face claim. you don't have to be korean either, but nationality restricted to asian countries. you can also choose not to be fluent in korean but they have to be at least at a conversational level, otherwise it'll be hard for the ringleader to communicate the orders haha.

< personality > please no mary-sues or any unrealistic characters. they're kind of all misfits or people who feel like they don't belong somehow, so they can't be a perfectly joyful character. i like all kind of characters otherwise, be coherent (like no 'he's a scaredy-cat' and then 'he'll jump in front of danger for people' like, no, if you're scared, you're not a shield except for a really good reason). 

< background > this is the part that i prefer. i advise you to put a certain amount of work in there because i tend to love long stories - or at least detailed stories. sob stories are perfectly fine for me just like happy stories, though i have to say that if you manage to put a happy story in there, i'll be very impressed ! it can be in any format, timeline, description, anything. however, i have one condition for your background : no death allowed. it's very easy to have a harsh background without experiencing death, so death is strictly forbidden, even for your character's pet ! you don't need to have your whole family, though, as for example, my character is an orphan but because his parents abandoned him. any application with a death of some sort will be rejected until fixed.

< love interest > loves interests can be anyone : idols, actors, models, ocs, even yeonmin if you feel like it, he needs some love haha. also, even though i accept both male and female characters, only male love interests are allowed. underrated artists are very welcome as well as ocs, i'll be honest, apart from rare occasions, i don't really like love interests from big companies like jyp, sm or yG, you can of course choose them but i'd need you to write more about them so i could really get the grasp of what you imagine. please give the others some love too ! also, it's very possible to choose an applicant as a love interest, on the contrary, it can be fun !
update /!\ just as a notice, i'd rather have a male interest for yeonmin, so if you want to apply as a male then you can go ahead. if you want to apply as a female and have him as a love interest (which is fine) then you'll need to convince me :) it's not so hard though, don't worry~

< others > including yeonmin in your app in some sort will be appreciated because i need to know how your character will interact with him. if you want to include him in your friends' section, he'll be an extra, you don't need to count him in the two. basically, you can have 2 friends AND yeonmin in your application, i won't mind. you don't need to do it of course, but it's like brownie points. another brownie points, do take note that i love collaborations, so don't hesitate to work with a friend ! it won't guarantee you spots though, equal chances for everyone after all.  the password is 'en avant', 'en' being linked to a manga character you think would suit yours, and 'avant' linked to a song that would represent your character. among the characters already in the story, there are yeonmin, my character, and the man who made the dare, shin sungrok. you can also include him in your app, by the way, if you feel like it. for more information, please refer to the plot and the example app, and don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions ! 
 

finally, there's no deadline for the moment and no precise amount of applicants i'll choose. it'll depend on how many applicants there will be, though i think that 4 to 6 applicants will be chosen at most because if i have too many characters then i get lost easily.

have fun and welcome to cirque des rêves !
 

< source code >          < turn in >           < example app >