〈 reviews 〉

〈 cirque des rêves 〉 apply closed。choosing characters !
CHEATSHEET                UPDATES                REVIEWS          

mon rêve

reviews

so, you want to join the circus of dreams ? but is your dream strong enough... ?

number of applicants : #10

scroll down

the reviews

this is where all the reviews will be done. I tend to write long reviews, so be careful of the overflow box haha. don't be scared, i write long reviews because i like to give my opinion on everything, so if it's long, it doesn't mean a bad thing ! regarding the status, chosen means you're in, accepted means that there are no mistakes, errors - well, it speaks for itself so you have errors and you are rejected until they're fixed, and finally, pending means i didn't have the time to write the review or to read your application. i'll try to be as quick as possible to review your applications. have fun !

the applicants

 

name ;; nam jiwoon
ulzzang ;; byun wooseok
act ;; illusionist / magician
love interest ;; lee jongseok
applicant ;; slat101
Status ;;
accepted

 

review 

hello hello, thank you for being the first applicant and also being so quick ;u; it feels good to see you there. <3

on to the review, first thing, damn, byun wooseok is really handsome ! he really fits the whole lovely giant character. i'll be honest, i actually thought of the possibility of someone being on sungrok's side, but i didn't think about the pawn idea and i really like it. it can really come in handy for what i have planned for the story. the fact that the others don't trust him is realistic and i like it. on to the personality, i have to admit that it is also something i hoped : someone who would be a protective figure for yeonmin. jiwoon is just a bowl of fluff, he's adorable and motherly. i can totally imagine him taking care of puppies XD the fact that he wants to help despite his insecurities and his inexperience is great and makes him a strong person. and man, these ual innuendos made my days, seriously, i can totally picture yeonmin asking him what '' means.

for his background, as i said, working for sungrok is a total brownie point in my opinion and can definitely be of use during the story. as you guessed, of course sungrok will not play fair, and since jiwoon only wants to do his job, he's bound to follow bad orders without realizing it. his relationship with yeonmin is seriously adorable, you really captured the defenseless feeling i wanted to give him. 


Good idea regarding the act, i actually totally forgot about magicians, shame on me. the way he works on his hands is really great and can give room for more (to be honest, i kind of wanted that, an act based on someone's weakness). the answers of the questions' section were really cute and damn, this outfit is scary o.o and hey, ribbons ? that was a great innuendo too... XD
 

Finally, love interest, ahhh, jongseok. I was not expecting him to arrive so quickly haha but you know what ? i like that you made him as some kind of bastard. i can't imagine him any other way ! he's a jerk but a good jerk - that didn't make any sense but you know what i mean. And (again), you read my mind because i was searching for a way to bring silk acts in there... XD i really like how he integrated the circus, though there's one sentence that kind of bothered me, "HE WAS DEFINITELY INTRIGUED, TAKING A FLIER AND LOOKING AT THE PALE FACED, RED EYED BOY WITH SOMETHING AKIN TO DESIRE." => i don't get that. is it yeonmin who's watching at him with desire ? Or is it jongseok staring at the flyer ? at yeonmin? it kind of confuses me, sorry, english sentences are sometimes tricky for me to understand T.T if only i was a native speaker *sigh* anyway. i enjoyed reading about their relationship, it made me laugh and i like this little cat and mouse game.

i know you were disappointed, but you don't need to ! i really like jiwoon and as you noticed, you hit right on several points regarding what i had in mind. could you just clear up the sentence 'problem' for me ? it's more curiosity than anything ^^ 
anyway, there is no problem, you're accepted ! thank you again for applying ! <3

 

 

 

 

name ;; jung areum
ulzzang ;; kim dohee
act ;; contortionist
love interest ;; song yeonmin
applicant ;; hyunieamakusa
Status ;;
ACCEPTED

 

hello hyun, first of all thank you for applying ! 

First of all, good idea for the con artist, i really like the whole fact that she's a criminal somehow. i like her personality (maybe because i feel she's a bit like me woops), we all need a cynical independant lady in our lives ! she is this fragility behind the bad mask that i appreciate a lot in characters. she's also a very good balance with yeonmin because as you mentioned, he's exactly what she dislikes. she can definitely being a really fun character to write about. and this liking for french revolution, haha, i can totally understand that, it's a really interesting period of french history (surely one of the few i actually enjoyed learning at school - but that's another story).

Moving on the background, as I said, i really enjoy the fact that she's a con artist, because it can really explain why she's good at contortionism, that she kind of trained her ability. and damn, this foster family, i felt so bad for her to be given up because the wife could conceive, this is such a terrible thing to do to a child ! i have two questions though, is taehyung still in jail now ? and regarding the letter, do you actually have an idea about what is written in it or just like areum, you don't know ? 

Good choice for the act, it is definitely something yeonmin could be searching for - though yeonmin actually is the trainer they have, so she'll definitely need to spend alone time with him~ i also like that you played with the money aspect here to, it could come in handy for sure ! the answers to the questions were really nice too.

Finally, regarding the love interest part, i'm glad yeonmin caught your interest, though i have to admit that i personally envisioned more a male love interest for him - but you managed to sell me with the interactions and ending. a one-sided love would be totally great and would really fit their relationship ! i really loved what you wrote, how she tried to steal money and lied (and yes, giving the money would totally be yeon's style haha), the fact that she feels confused with him is something that really got me. and as i said, even though she wants to avoid him, he would be her trainer... so it could produce very interesting situations. good job on that !

Haha, i really can't guarantee the blood though. creepiness was actually supposed to be the whole story but the more i wrote yeonmin, the more i felt it would not fit the family atmosphere i'm going to create. however, it will not be all rainbows for sure, sungrok would not allow that ~ All in all, i really enjoyed your application ! i don't see any errors, if you could just answer the two questions i had in the comments below, it'd be perfect ! thank you for your answers !

thanks again for applying, you're accepted !

 

 

 

name ;; gang maeri
ulzzang ;; kim seukhye
act ;; trick riding
love interest ;; moon sanghong
applicant ;; jewel_elf
Status ;;
accepted

 

review 

Hi krissy and thanks for applying !

i really like your ulzzang, she's so pretty ;u;

Regarding her personality and life, she's really cute, she has this tenderness in the attitude, i just love how delicate she looks. she's somehow similar to a mary-sue, though, but you balanced that with her attitude if someone hurts her brothers. i kind of feel like more could be said about her, though, like she's a really quiet girl, so what could she do to protect her brothers ? like, what would be the typical things she would do if someone were to hurt her loved ones ? 

 

now, to the background, i have to admit that i'm a bit confused ^^' so, you mean that she joined the circus with her brothers before it closed ? i will write a note about that to clear things up but to be very honest, if it would be possible for her to join before, her brothers could not. I'll explain : the circus had huge debts, they had troubles taking care of themselves, so hiring people would have been very difficult and needless to say, having four more people to feed would have been impossible for them. if you were to be chosen, i just want to warn you that i would have to change that, would it be ok with you ? ^_^ -- thank you for changing that, it makes way more sense now ! :)

 

nice collaboration for the friends part ! i love collabs *_* nice choice for the act, i didn't think about that, i really like horse tricks and it's always impressive ! it really suits her personality somehow, even though her persona is different in the ring. though, why is her alias tases ? could you explain it please ? ^^ for the love interest, i like that you created an oc, it's a good choice, i also like the fact that they're already dating (less work for me haha jk), they're really cute together ! i actually like that he was a part of the circus before, this is more something i could work with.

 

now, i don't think i have anymore to say, please fix the different errors and also check your password because it's wrong, and it'll be good :)

thanks again for applying !

 

 

 

name ;;benjamin carson
ulzzang ;; kim huidae
act ;; teeterboard
love interest ;; gang dalhwan
applicant ;; lynneast27
Status ;;
accepted

 

review 

hi there lynn, thanks for applying !

 

another male applicant, great ! Nice collab with jewel_elf, i can feel that both of them would make a great pair of friends ! 

 

on to the application now, first i love his personality. i have a thing for arrogant divas who hide their own feelings and care for others, so it's spot on ! he's like the perfect type of people for such a circus. now, you forgot to fill the trivia section and you also forgot some things for the firends section. why is james your rival, you never mentioned him so i don't know where he comes from and what link he has with the story. also as i mentioned, yeonmin will be their trainer, so they will have no other teachers. regarding the background, you avoided death so it's good, but i feel kind of weird because he cut ties with them because he couldn't stand seeing them in a comatose state? isn't that a bit extreme ? i understand that he cut ties with his chinese background because he was abandoned, but why does he seem to reject so harshly his american background ?

 

nice choice of act, you all write things i didn't think of, it's amazing ! though why is 'bolin' his alias ? i also really like the answers for the interview, the fact that the circus is his new family is totally with what i had in mind for them.and damn, this love interest section is great but so sad ;u; poor guy who has a crush on a straight male ;u; though i like that it's mari's brother, it's well thought !

 

all in all, please fix the various errors and then you'll be accepted ! thank you for fixing the different mistakes, it makes more sense to me now ! :) thanks again for applying !

 

 

 

 

 

name ;;ahn kyungjoon
ulzzang ;; park taejun
act ;; knife throwing
love interest ;; none
applicant ;; forgottensnow68
Status ;;
accepted

 

review 

hi there snow and thanks for applying ! Ha, a fellow kurosuji fan, haha, welcome ! \o/

 

i'll start right away by saying that i really like kyungjoon ! flamboyant, sadistic, with questionable loyalty, right from his description i knew i would love him. his personality gave me a ciel/undertaker vibe that would totally fit the story. i can totally imagine the dynamics between him and the other characters and how he would trick yeonmin to only to laugh at yeon's innocence ! his catchphrase-- damn, i should remember it, that's totally something i could say XD Oh man, rumpelstiltskin, i can't help thinking of robert carlyle whenever i see this name. o/

 

Wow, his background. his mother is really something, i can totally get why he became like this !! he lived a nightmare, poor boy, but i like how he decided to take revenge, slowly collecting the cards to ruin his father's name. i went from "wth is this family ??" to "Serves them right, good job kyungjoon !" haha~ brownie point for the connection with sungrok, it's really well-thought and i like that he immediately found the loop. there's just one thing confusing me, so in exchange of his watch, sungrok asked him to tear the circus down ? and forbid him to support him ? i can't find the logic, I don't really get it ;u;

 

ah, a super classic act, thanks ! it totally goes with his personality, i don't think any other act would suit him better ! and finally a doctor, i was really hoping for someone to choose to take care of injuries. it'd definitely come in handy, especially since he loves surprises, because it could create a very nice situation 8D and this sarcasm in the interview section, i love it ! i also love his opinion on yeonmin and i can totally imagine yeonmin throwing him off by his innocence and kindness while kyungjoon would laugh and wonder how this angel can surprise him so much ! kyungjoon would surely have a lot of fun in the circus haha. 

 

regarding the love interest section, i don't mind him having none, as i told you. if i was to choose him and, for more dynamics of the story, had to give him a love interest, i'd consult you first, would it be ok with you ? also, they all live together in vans, so kyunghoon will have to play 'darts' with his mother in a van~ and yeah... sebastian, you hawt piece of crap *_*

 

i'm all done (it's already super long woops), i see no mistakes, you're accepted ! i'd just need the clarification of what i underlined, so please answer in the comments and everything will be perfect ! :)

Thanks again for applying !

 

 

 

name ;; wang lingtu
ulzzang ;; jo haein - jane
act ;; lion tamer
love interest ;; jo kwangmin
applicant ;; aloisda
Status ;;
accepted

 

review 

hello celeste ! thank you for applying ! let me love you for using beast as a model for your character, i really like her. one to the review now !

a new foreigner, nice ! semi-fluent korean is great, it means not only yeongmin will have some troubles understanding complicated words haha. nice choice of ulzzang, she's really pretty ! and nice clothing style too, it really suits her role.

i like how you made her a strong being who stands her ground, again everything fits perfectly. her personality is coherent and realistic and it's something that would create a lot of interesting situations with yeonmin and the other performers. her passion for astrology is really nice, i really like it ! thank you for the long list of trivias, and yeaaaah, the victorian era is just amazing *_*

regarding the background, i really like that she moved to korea because of her step-mother, and i also like the fact that there is no dislike for her (even though their relationship isn't all pink flowers everywhere). i love her history with the circus, how she was one of the children who loved the show and dreamt to be a part of it. it's just so adorable ;u; however, this is where i put my red card and i feel bad because the background is just perfection, but there is one rule stated in the cheatsheet that you forgot : no death accepted in any way in the application. so please, find a way to make her mother still alive (she can be in a coma or whatever you want but no death). sorry for that, it's something that matters a lot to me for personal reasons ^^ i love how you described her friends, lady xiaolu is a very interesting aspect for your character, well thought ! i would have liked to see her relationship with yeonmin though, but that's only my opinion, it doesn't change anything for me ^^ 

ok, now, let me love you whole because of your act. i was actually waiting for someone to apply as a lion tamer so thank you so much ! how she was inspired by the lady tamer will really come in handy for me, her costume is just fantastic and her lion partner, omg so adorable ! i love how you built their relationship, so cuuuuute. 

finally, the relationship with kwangmin is so funny oh my, i'd love to play with that. and yeah, i know what you feel about being a e with those boys, i swear i feel bad whenever i see the twins and minwoo on my screen XD but making him older is perfectly ok for me ! he'll be nice to add in the story. 

all in all, i absolutely love your application, you just need to change the death part of the background and you're good to go ! everything is perfect, thank you for the changes ! watch the third season oh kurosuji right now, though, it's just perfect ! they made joker even more awesome than he already was haha~ thank you for the one ok rock song, daaaaamn, i can't stop listening to their album now ! 
finally, thank you again for applying !

 

 

 

name ;; SHIN haeun
ulzzang ;; gyeong eun
act ;; aerial silk
love interest ;; lee taemin
applicant ;; shankerider
Status ;;
accepted

 

review 

hello anya And thank you for applying ! i'm so sorry for being so long for the review, i had to change countries so yeah, no time.

On to the review, yes for sungrok's sister, i swear, YES ! i really didn't think about that, it was really well done ! i was reading her description and was like 'wait a minute...' and i saw her last name was shin and boom. it got me really excited right at the beginning ! i adore gyeong eun, she's adorable, so kuddos for your face claim and being slightly chubby is the best ! 

i really like her personality, it could be a great combination between her and yeonmin, both being naive and gentle beings. they could make a very nice duet. i also like how she's optimistic and still believes in her brother despite everything he does, it could create nice touches during the story ! omg thanks for the trivia ! it'll really come  in handy.

and we arrive at the only bad point here : the background. you actually gave me more the background of sungrok than haeun haha. we know her birth and how she joined the circus, but nothing of her life, how she experienced her riches, what she thought of her school etc. i would like you to write a paragraph about her life please, i only have three lines about her childhood here ^^ however, i love her reason to join the circus ! i love her relationship with her family and her brother, minji looks adorable and i swear, yeonmin and her would be so cute together. 

yeah for aerial silk ! it's a really nice idea and will not conflict with my teaser, so don't worry. the 'woman and man' idea is brilliant. and the chef, yeah ! that'll be interesting ! I like how you chose to answer the interview, it was really funny.

i adore how you described taemin as a sweet person because that's how i see him and i have a hard time when people choose him in his 'danger' era, like a player or a bad boy. so, kuddos again for that. i also love his background with sungrok, again, that was really well-thought ! it creates a nice touch and a real reason for him to help and to create situation with haeun. their relationship is so cute and so heartbreaking, maaaaan, you're playing with my heartstrings, i ship them already T.T

so yeah, all in all, i really loooove haeun ! i'm putting the 'errors' status only for the background thingy, so please correct that, but otherwise, you're accepted. thank you for correcting ! you did a great job ! and yeah, i was inspired by liar game, he's just awesome in that. his charisma in no joke, when i met him my eyes couldn't leave his face despite the other performers around him. i was fangirling like a high school girl in love for the rest of the week xd anyway, thank you again for applying !

 

 

 

name ;; kang min-hyun
ulzzang ;; hyun bihyul
act ;; tamer
love interest ;; james park (kiseop)
applicant ;; -mixing-
Status ;;
accepted

 

review 

hello wren, thank you for applying !

a tomboy \o/ i like that she wants to confuse people haha. i can picture that.

her scars makes her work realistic. i like her personality, how she feels closer to animals than human beings. nice description of fears, though i wonder if a fear of crowded space in a circus would hinder her or not. that could be funny since she has to live in a community !

her background is a bit short and slightly unrealistic (i doubt anyone sane would let someone enter a cage like this, and i also doubt the tigers would ust sit like this, they're wild animals after all). but i like how she can from the countryside and arrived in the city because of her parents. it's a nice touch ! i would have liked to know how she came across the circus, though. i like her relationship with daesung, how he found out she's a girl mwahahaha. showers always tell the truth~

nice name for your act and i like that you didn't discriminate and decided to work not only  with big cats but also monkeys etc. i also appreciate the answers to the interview, how she thought yeonmin saw the circus as a way to have a family was really spot on.

kiseooop. i'll accept him since he was an ulzzang and i love him a looot. and double yeah for magician ! i like how you made them share a room haha. a victorian-styled english man, that's good ! i wonder why his parents didn't want him to know anything about korean culture but hey, that's a thing with korean families going abroad that i'll never understand. a fan of houdini, too, cute. i love their relationship, they're just so adorable so cute so fluffy aaaargh. they'd have lovely scenes together ! and james is one lovely male. 


all in all, i really like your application, so congratulations ! please add in your app how she came to join the circus, but otherwise, you're accepted. Thanks for your application !

 

 

 

name ;; moon heerin
ulzzang ;; oh yerin
act ;; tightrope walking
love interest ;; kim myungsoo
applicant ;; avalynsnow
Status ;;
accepted

 

review 

hello ava, thank you for applying ! i'm sorry for the late reply, moving out is not an easy task. anyway, on to the review !

i like how oh yerin looks so adorable yet you chose to make her a feisty lady. good job ! it got me excited for your character ! that is to say, i love her fierce personality, we all need a bold, mischievious independant y lady in our lives. she's surely create a lot of animation in the circus, especially with the present couples. her troublemaker aspect could also come in handy. and damn, you got me at the name of her dog, omg XD

i like her background, the black sheep of a rich family, not being recognized etc, it's well-thought and gives a lot of depth to her character. i can really see how she became what she is now. i appreciate that you made her brother close to her instead of truly pushing her away from all her siblings, it's more realistic. her relationship with daewon could also be very interesting to play with when myungsoo's involved.

a big yes for tightrope walking ! i was hoping someone would choose this. i also really like the fact that the circus means pretty much nothing to heerin and she's ready to leave as soon as the dare is over. i like this nature, how she's just curious but doesn't think much of it. this is a nice point !

ah myungsoo, myungsoo, myungsoo. all my sufbb feels came back to me in a second, it ws unexpected haha. he's such a cutie. the and the beast hahahaha ok i have to stop. i really adore the blunt yet easily flustered personality, it just fits him perfectly. and a bastard, aw, heerin, you're not nice too reming him everytime ! and finally we have someone whose goal is actually to ruin the circus. good ! i like their relationship and i really like their interactions and ending. can become pretty interesting !

all in all, it was a very nice application, i really like it ! you're accepted of course, i don't see any problem here. thank you again for applying !

 

 

 

name ;; park seojung
ulzzang ;; rani
act ;; acrobatics
love interest ;; yoo youngjae
applicant ;; bluevitamin
Status ;;
accepted

 

review 

hello sul and thanks for appllying ! I'm sorry for the late review, things are still a bit chaotic fore me. but here it is !

first, i have to say that i really like your ulzzang, i didn't know her (me and my poor culture of female ulzzangs ;u;) but damn, she's really pretty ! i like her frail completion, it often pairs with people doing acrobatic tricks.

i really like her reckless and fierce personality, she's really the kind of girl who would add a lot of events in the circus haha. her fearless personality would be a good thing for her tricks and would come in handy with the other performers. i sense drama here ! heavy metal music yeaaaah, that's nice. and how she gets kicked out haha, she really can't have an office job.

let me love you for the long background \o/ ok, so she's from a false upper-class family, that is really interesting. i like how she lived her life, faithful to her lifestyle and having troubles adapting, it's realistic and i could really imagine her struggle. having rumors of you, even if they're true, is not easy at all, good job ! i also like how she thought of the circus as a dream job, even though her salary will surely not be very high. i adore her brother ok, i'm a er for the caring big brother role. i also think it's nice that you chose to have a kind of awkward relationship with yeonmin.

good choice for the act ! i like acrobatics. i like her name too. i wonder if they would have enough room and money to get a wheel of death though, but that's another matter. we have sungrok to pay anyway xD her answers to the interview are priceless, poor yeonmin who has seen as an everyday child haha. her reason to join the crew is great, and i like her confidence about her abilities haha.

youngjaeeee. gosh, i miss b.A.P so much. he's adorable, his personality is really nice and i like him being a quiet and formal child. it could be very funny ! i like his background too, he knows what it is to struggle and being compared is not nice at all. their relationship is really cute and could bring very nice situations in the circus. as you mentioned, they're really balanced and it's a nice touch. 

all in all, this is a really nice app and you're accepted ! also, the guy who sings the song, i swear he has almost the same voice as the singer of one ok rock o.o anyway, thanks again for applying !