fifteen years later, our thoughts and lives change, but you're still irreplaceable.

コノヨノシルシ

You would probably have thought I've forgotten this eh? Haha but nope. Oh and I changed the time period they spent together before Jaejoong left, check it out?

 

BoA, already at the age of twenty-seven, is currently a florist, working in a shop at the edge of a street in Seoul. She has long given up on her dream to be a singer- those were just a child's blind wish, she knows, and she supposes that Jaejoong has given it up too.

 

After Jaejoong had left, her family has been living in the same town in the same home, and it pains BoA to look at the empty house right opposite her doorstep, every morning when she leaves for school, and every evening when she returns from school. After she has graduated, she decided to leave the town to live alone in the city, but not forgetting her passion for the countryside- she continues to be living with plants, now with flowers grown with her own love.

 

It was too painful to live in that very town she had met Jaejoong, without being able to see him at all. She has never met Jaejoong for fifteen years, but still she knows her heart belongs with him. She thinks there is no chance for them to meet ever again since she has come to the city, but nevertheless her heart hopes to see him again, as much as it yearns for him.

 

Those are her thoughts whenever she picks up her violin, and she plays that very song Jaejoong and her were singing together, sixteen years ago. She knows a variety of pieces, but ever since she stopped having lessons, the song she plays the most- every time she gets a chance on the violin- is that very song. She laughs as she tries to reason to herself why she plays it, just as every other time. Nobody probably listens to the song anymore, for it was from sixteen years ago and the singer was already nearing her twentieth debut anniversary.

 

She puts down the violin at the end of the song, her heart still feeling the pang from their separation. It does not help that the lyrics perfectly describe BoA's situation.

 

BoA carefully cuts the stalk of the lily and arranges it in a glass vase, then moving on to the next lily in the bunch, her mind occupied with thoughts about him. Not a day has passed that she never thought of him; her heart aches to be reminded of him, but she has already become immune. 

 

The sound of the wind chime surprises her and juts her out of her thoughts. She turns to see a customer walking in, holding the hand of a small girl in his hand. Automatically, she puts down her scissors and the lily, and bows to say "Welcome."

 

She does not expect, and she does not know, the scene that awaits her.

 

 

 

I have no fever, yet my cheeks are hot. Every single breeze, I can feel.

 

"Appa, this is pretty!" a little girl stretches out her hand to touch one of BoA's roses. She gasps.

 

A tall man rushes over and kneels down, all in a split second, and pulls the little girl's hand away from the flower. "Don't touch unnie's things without permission okay?"

 

The little girl pouts, but the man pinches her nose and the frown on her face instantaneously turns upside down. BoA's heart flutters at the lovely scene before her, but her heartbeat stops when the man releases the girl and stands up to face her.

 

Her cheeks turn red immediately, and she feels cold sweat all of a sudden. She feels the wind blowing, and she clearly hears the wind chime ringing in her ears.


 

 

I’m by your side; close enough to wipe away your sadness.

 

There is a sharp silence between them as the wind chime stops.

 

"Jaejoong?" she manages to let the name out in a soft, timid voice.

 

"BoA, is that you?" Jaejoong stares deep into her eyes. She spots tears forming in his eyes, not realising that it is the same for herself.

 

Jaejoong swiftly releases the hand of the little girl and embraces BoA, hugging her tightly like never before. Tears fall from both of their faces, and BoA slowly lifts up her hands to envelope the man before her.

 

"It's been fifteen years," his voice cracks as he whispers, and they continue to sob in their position.

 

 

 

I don’t want to let go, of my proof of this world.

 

BoA encircles her arms around him so tightly it is as if she's afraid of losing him any moment. She has lost him once, for the suffocating period of fifteen years, and she is willing to sacrifice anything just to keep him by her side.

 

She refuses to let go of Jaejoong, as much as Jaejoong refuses to release the tension of their hug, and BoA knows, this second meeting is definitely a proof of this world. Her love for him too, it's a proof of this world- her proof of this world.

 

 

 

Before my eyes, so mysterious, is you and me, smiling. 

 

It was long before they could finally let go of each other. BoA looks into Jaejoong's eyes, her heart feeling purely of happiness and love.

 

BoA smiles at Jaejoong. Jaejoong smiles at BoA. The two hold a strong gaze, until a sound was heard from the little girl.

 

 

 

We had no map, but still we met; I want to quietly believe that that means it’s love.

 

"Appa, I'm hungry," the little girl pouts. "Why did we come here anyway?"

 

"Right," Jaejoong squats down to pat the little girl on the head. "We'll get some food soon okay? I'll talk to this unnie here for a little while. Wait for appa," Jaejoong patiently speaks to the girl, and BoA cannot help but notice how loving Jaejoong is.

 

She feels a crack in her heart when it hits her: Jaejoong has a daughter.

 

"I came here because I heard your violin," Jaejoong explains awkwardly putting his hands into his pockets. 

 

BoA nods in ackowledgement. "I see," she says in a soft voice, looking around at her flowers. She is unable to face him, knowing that he has a daughter.

 

"You were playing that song..." Jaejoong's voice trails off along with his thoughts, "and I remember you were learning the violin," he adds.

 

"You remember," BoA's eyes were beginning to be wet with tears once again.

 

"Of course I do," Jaejoong nods, looking away from her after not getting a gaze from BoA for the past minute.

 

"I never thought I would meet you here, but I wanted to try," Jaejoong tries his best to continue the conversation. It pains him that BoA is always looking away.

 

"I never thought so too," BoA replies quietly, and she wishes that it is this love that has brought them together.

 

"You... Have a daughter?" BoA gathers the courage to speak up.

 

Jaejoong's ears perk at her voice, surprised to hear her initiating the conversation. For the past five minutes, BoA has been quieter than before in any of their times together, fifteen years before. He remembers that he has forgotten to explain about the little girl until BoA speaks her mind. "Oh, she's actually my brother's daughter," his voice drops to a whisper, "she doesn't know. Her parents passed away when she was still a baby."

 

BoA turns to face Jaejoong and nods, her heart filled with sympathy yet with relief. Jaejoong smiles as BoA finally understands.

 

 

 

I’m close enough to touch your tears; to me, you are irreplaceable- proof of this world.

 

"I love you BoA," he suddenly confesses, tears streaming down his face. His heart is overcome with nostalgia of their time together.

 

BoA's tears start to fall as she looks at Jaejoong. She makes a big step towards him and wraps her arms around him. "I guess, that's what my heart has been wanting to say for the past fifteen years."

 

Jaejoong cries even more as he reciprocates the hug. BoA lets herself sob, and they both feel overwhelmed, bittersweet due to their past.

 

"I'm sorry BoA, I never meant to leave just like that-" Jaejoong's words are muffled and cut off due to his sobs. 

 

BoA shakes her head. "It's okay Jaejoong, now you are here," she tries to comfort both Jaejoong and herself, "although deep inside I really want to beat you up for leaving like that," she adds, loosening her arms around him.

 

Jaejoong stifles his sobs to release a short laugh. "The old you is coming back," he manages to say.

 

BoA smiles and remembers a brave move from herself, from sixteen years ago. She stretches out her arm, palm landing on his face, and sweeps the tears away.

 

We had no map, but still we met. You were there, swaying with the flowers.

 

BoA recalls their childhood in the past, in the countryside, in big plains, and beautiful gardens. She looks around and at themselves, in her florist shop, among the flowers. It isn't the same, but it feels the same.

 

 

 

This may not be a special love, but to me, you are irreplaceable; proof of this world.

 

"I love you Jaejoong," she lets the words fall out from . 

 

Jaejoong nods and stretches out his arm to grab BoA's hand. "I love you too."

 

BoA knows, nothing and nobody in the world can replace Jaejoong. And even after fifteen years, despite having changes in their thoughts and their lives, their love does not change. Jaejoong was, still is, and will forever be, irreplaceable to BoA, and that is a proof of this world.

 

"Appa!" the girl whined once again. BoA laughs as Jaejoong runs over to the little girl, just like a real father.

 

"Wait for unnie to close this shop, and she'll join us for dinner," Jaejoong says as he sweeps her off her feet and carries her in her arms. 

 

BoA smiles, although surprised by the indirect invitation made by Jaejoong. She quickly settles the lilies she was cutting and packed up the place, before closing the shop.

 

"Unnie's coming!" BoA shouts to the father and daughter at the doorstep as she picks up her keys and her handbag, then running over to the doors. 

 

"Umma," Jaejoong corrects her and turns to the girl in his arms, "she's your umma now."

 

"Yay! I have an umma!" the girl shouts for joy and raises her hands up in the air. BoA's cheeks turn pink in embarrassement, while Jaejoong merely smiles at her.

 

Jaejoong puts the girl down and holds her by his right hand. He turns to face BoA, before placing a light kiss on her forehead. Before BoA could react, he uses his left arm and grabbed BoA by the hand.

 

"Let's go," Jaejoong smiles. BoA's heart flutters in happiness as she faces his side profile. She has not only found back her love, she has found a new family.

 


 

Pretty much combined most elements from traditional bojoong fics. When writing this I wanted to bring back the old essence of bojoong fics, like how they would be fans of the real BoA and DBSK, as well as how BoA is a violinist, and how BoA is a florist, and how Jaejoong makes a good father (like how BoA can make a good mother keke), how THERE WILL BE A KID HAHAH, hehe I don't really remember any more of these special elements... So here it is!! I hope you've enjoyed it because I really enjoyed the writing process. My love for bojoong and Jae has just boosted hehe

 

P. S. I am really really excited for their future as a family. Epilogue maybe? HEHEHEHE if I have time~