[Mark & Miss A Suzy] I Choose You

One Shots - GOT7

To a very good friend of mine, whoopsbye 

_______________________________________________

"Hyung... Hyung... Mark Hyung!"

"Why?" Mark replied half-heartedly without lifting his sight from his tablet

"Ahhh! hyung! What are you doing? I've been calling your name out so many times already!" Bambam complained exasperatedly "Ah... Never mind, hey Mark Hyung! Can I borrow that thing?"

"What thing?" Mark replies again with disinterest

"That thing! Uhhh... That wire that connects the iPad to the car"

"What?"

"The thing! So I can charge my phone in the car! Hyuuuung~! The charger!" BamBam's voice grew louder as he tried to explain to his Mark hyung who seemed like he was not listening to him at all "Hyung please!"

Mark finally looked up at him but didn't say anything, he instead gave BamBam an annoyed looked before proceeding to check his bag for the cord that BamBam was asking for.

"Thank you, Hyung~! ♥ Mark hyung you're really the best! ♥" BamBam said trying to be cute

With BamBam fleeing off to the front seat, Mark was finally left alone with his tablet which he did nothing with but stared at. He wasn't watching anything with it nor was he browsing his Insta, Mark's eyes was fixed on his tablet with a Kakao chatroom opened on its screen. 

Youngjae enters the van and sees Mark smiling really wide by himself at the backseat, he taps BamBam at the front and points to Mark to ask him quietly, "What's with hyung?" to which BamBam just shrugs to say he doesn't know and goes back to taking selfies of himself to post online. Youngjae takes a quick look back at his Mark hyung who still had his toothy smile on before grabbing his bag and getting out again.

 Are you not busy? How can you keep on replying when you said you have a schedule today? (´・_・')

 I am. The others are having their individual shoots first. We have 7 members, you know. It can take a long time. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 

Well, that's true. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ  

After he had his hair and make-up done, Mark looked for his tablet and found it in the van. The tablet notified him on a new message on his Kakao and upon checking who it was from, Mark felt an immediate rush of butterflies in his stomach. It was a message from Suzy! She had wrongly sent him a message that was clearly meant for her stylist Unnie. 

It's been a couple of weeks now since Mark had gotten her ID but he never found the courage to chat her up, so while waiting for his turn to take his photos. Mark mustered up whatever courage he had and cheekily replied to her wrong sent messages and from then on, he's been cooped up inside the van trying to keep the conversation with her going.

A few minutes has passed and there's no more messages coming in from her, Mark flustered over what he should say. Her last reply, didn't really leave him much options. 

So, I guess I'll see you next week? ㅋㅋ (^_^;)

He was in the middle of typing in "Have you eaten?" when this message came up from her. He felt relieved that she sent in something first because the whole have-you-eaten? question was clearly a lame excuse to just keep talking to her. 

Yeah. I'll definitely see you. (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑ 

Realizing that this might send their conversation into a stand-still again, Mark began re-typing his have-you-eaten? question but before he could even send it, he was called by Noh-Hyung Hyung for his turn to shoot and instead typed in a very quick Got to go. See you! for her.

 It'd only be hours later, after the whole shoot was done that Mark was able to see that Suzy sent him a Fighting~! (ง •̀_•́)ง

__________________________________________________

Just like how they did it the last time when they headed out for Hong Kong, the whole JYP Nation was to board on the same flight on their way to Japan for the final leg of their One Mic Concert. 

While waiting to board their plane, everyone was gathered in the same area to avoid any more confusions and delays. Suzy sat in one corner near Yerin and Sunmi. she's seen Mark earlier and the both of them could only manage an awkward smile at each other. The GOT7 boys were all getting pumped up by playing with their 2PM and 2AM hyungs. Their little corner was soon filled with raucous laughter from the rowdy boys. 

While queuing up to the plane, Suzy found herself smack in the middle of the GOT7 boys. Her Miss A unnies were up front, her quick bathroom break forced her into this position. 

"Noona, let's take a selca in Japan okay?" Bambam said, after seeing her all quiet by herself

"Sure!" Suzy raised her thumbs in agreement and laughed at her adorable dongsaeng

"Ya! BamBam! You've already taken enough selcas of yourself and the hyungs and noonas at the previous concerts to last you for 5 years!" JB called BamBam out, making the others laugh as well

"Ay~ But I've yet to take one with Suzy Noona" BamBam whined "You're all just jealous because we'll be getting a selca together!"

"Youngjae hyung is the most jealous!" Yugyeom quipped in between muffed laughter

"Why? Why? I'm not!" Yougjae denies quickly but as soon as the attention was shift to him, his ears instantly turned scarlet and his dialect came out

"No, no, no! Youngjae hyung wouldn't be the most jealous!" BamBam says "Mark hyung would be!"

 "Oh, yeah! That's right! That's right!" exclaimed the excited Maknae who was having a blast teasing his hyungs "During that time, Mark hyung lost to BamBam when Suzy Noona chose BamBam over him!"

"Ya! That was for broadcast" Mark retorted all the while growing redder by the second

"Hey! Stop it! Mark would never be jealous of BamBam!" Jackson suddenly butted in, placing an arm over Mark's body "We all know Mark hyung is the most handsome out of all of us! There's no need for him to be jealous of anyone"

Suzy barely could keep up with the rowdy boys as they continued to bicker about this petty topic, she kept laughing at their silly banter. At one point her eyes met Mark's but he quickly shifted his sight away from hers.

________________________________________________________

That night during the concert right after her duet with 2PM's Junho, Suzy found herself feeling a bit queasy and tried to find a place where she could breathe for a while. She found an emergency exit which opened up to an emergency staircase outside. There she sat to get some air and catch her breath.

A few minutes in, she was starting to finally get better and decided to return backstage with the others and change into the JYP shirt but someone came rushing out the door, the moment she stood. She couldn't identify the guy at first but recognized him instantly the second she heard him talk into his phone.

"Dad, our manager hyung, will come and you backstage after the concert. Don't worry about it." the guy said in fluent english "Okay, I love you too. I'll see you soon."

It was none other than Mark, who probably came out to find somewhere quiet to speak on the phone. It was way too noisy inside. He put down his phone and was shocked to see someone there besides him.

"What the-!" Mark gasped in english, surprised

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just..."

"Oh, no! I'm sorry!" Finally getting his composure back, Mark finally talked in Korean "I was just surprised! I'm sorry!"

"No, no! I startled you" 

"It's nothing" He replies "What are you doing here alone by the way?"

"Ah... I was just getting some air. I felt weird awhile ago after going off stage but I'm better now" She replies to him but neither of them could maintain eye contact "I heard your family's here tonight?"

"Yes, they are. I was just talking with my Dad" he says with a shy smile on his face "Are you sure you're fine now?"

"Yep. I just needed a bit of rest from there" Suzy says pointing to the door

"I understand, I find it abit over-whelming too" he sighs "Are you really going back now? Would you like to just stay here for awhile? I think I need a break too"

Only a handful of stars could be seen as Tokyo's nightscape of luminous lights almost drowned all of them. A gentle breeze also blew as the two sat together at the emergency exit. Mark handed Suzy his plaid long-sleeved shirt which he had around his waist in order for her to keep warm.

"Thanks... I heard you're preparing for a Japanese debut with the others, how's it going?" Suzy asked in an effort to break the silence between them

"It's been going very well. It's tiring and a lot of work but that's work. It's been fun though" 

"Hmmm..." She nodded "Oh! I've noticed something! I've been speaking informally to you 'til now! Aren't you older? You just had your birthday, right? Happy Birthday~"

"Yeah, I am older. Thank you"

"Why didn't you tell me? And you've always spoken to me formally! Omo~ that's so rude of me" Suzy said feeling a bit flustered "I should start talking more politely to you"

"There's no need. Let's just be friends and use informal speech" Mark laughed amused at the silliness of Suzy's woes 

"Really? Are you sure about that?"

"Yeah. we can be friends, I have no problem about that"

"Alright. But I'll still have to call you Oppa" 

Mark blushed unknowingly at her words "Ay~ well, whatever" was all he managed to say, neither refusing or accepting it.

"Ya, Suzy-ya." Mark called her out suddenly when they fell silent "Why didn't you choose me?"

"What?"

"Why did you choose BamBam over me?"

"Ah!!!" Suzy excalimed, as if a lightbulb had lit up above her head "Are you seriously asking that? You don't look like the type to be bothered by that"

"Uh, well. I am. I was just curious." Mark stammered 

Suzy gave out a giggle at the visibly flustered Mark who dared not look any other way but straight "Well, it's not like I really wanted to"

"Hmmm?..."

Suzy sighed and smiled to herself, she gently took away Mark's shirt off her lap and stood. Before Mark could ask what she was doing, she timidly gave him a backhug and said "I just felt bad for BamBam-ie that time and I was too shy to actually show everyone who was my real choice"

Mark froze from where he sat and Suzy finally stood and had her hands on the doorknob, "Mark oppa, I hope you know that I'd choose you over BamBam-ie any day."