[Jr. & Jackson x You] Overlapping Past & Present

One Shots - GOT7

*Requested by anon thru Tumblr | This is an IMAGINE ONE SHOT

**Imagine being a long-time friend of Jr. and being close to Jackson at the same time


You look outside and the orange-kissed sky slowly turns dark, you start fidgeting around with your phone when suddenly you hear his voice.

“You did want to have decaf latte, right?” Jr. asked as he placed your drink in front of you and his on the other side.

“Yeah… Thanks”

“Are you, okay?” He asks as he sits right across you “It’s been quite a while”

You look him in the eyes and that eye smile of his brings so much memory of how it used to send your heart racing back when you were still seatmates in high school, you laugh a bit and say “yeah… I can’t believe you’re so famous now.”

“Don’t be like that. I’m still the same Park Jin Young.”

He does that same aegyo of puffing his cheeks and pouting that he used to whenever he asked for a bite from your lunch, you both laugh. “You still do that?”

“Of course!”  he smiles

You’re relieved that he seems to be the same Jin Young but then you realize that things have changed “I’m sorry for calling you out today but I’m really having a hard time with this paper for my Literature class at uni and I don’t know anyone else who could help. Are you still a bookworm?”

He laughs “Yeah, I still read a lot. It’s alright, I have nothing on schedule today.”

You look at him and he smiles, you then look at the café you’re in and see no one else around but an old, gray-haired man by the corner enjoying the newspaper and his Americano, you face back at Jr. and say “Are you sure, it’s alright to meet up here? What if you get caught by fans or the paps?”

He gave out a troubled expression and scratched his head “Oh! I forgot about that! I’ll get killed!” you start to worry too and it spreads over your face, he sees it and laughs “Don’t worry! This place is safe. Many idols come here – some even date here. The owner of this place is also an idol so he protects all the idols that come here.”

Your face went from annoyed to pissed but you eventually end up sighing

“You haven’t changed too… You still get worked up so easily.” He reaches out and pinches your cheek “You’re still so cute”

You stared at him while feeling your cheeks burn up, an awkward silence ensues the both of you.

After about five seconds of that weird moment between the two of you, he laughs and you do too but you can’t help but feel a little fluttery inside – you begin to remember how it used to be back then, when he was the most precious of all. Amidst the laughing, a familiar voice boomed from the counter “Jr! What are you doing here?”

The laughter ceased and you see Jr.’s eyes widened as he looks over to the counter, you turn around and see Jackson Wang heading towards you.

“Jinyoung, you didn’t say you were going here! I should have just texted you to buy me drinks!” Jackson said as soon as he reached your table, he looks over to you and squints his eyes “________, you know Jr.?” his voice was loud and flabbergasted

You smile an awkward, toothy smile at Jackson and say “Yeah, I do. We were friends back in high school”

“______, you know Jackson?” Jr. also looked confused, I looked at them both and they both had the same confused expression on their faces

“Yeah, he was introduced to me by a friend at uni who used to be his classmate in Hong Kong” you couldn’t believe it, how could you forget about mentioning to either that you knew another person from GOT7?

“Is that so?” Jr. said as he nodded his head, obviously trying to process everything

“Yeah…” you say, smiling slightly

“Since I’m already here, I’ll join you then” Jackson said as he pulled out a chair to sit on “So, what are you guys doing here?”

As you explain the paper you have to write, you notice Jr. growing a bit uneasy at his seat so you turn to him to say “It’s so great that Jinyoung came to help!”

Jr smiles half-heartedly and says “Well, uhh, yeah. It’s the least I could do for a friend whom I’ve not seen for quite a while now.”

Meanwhile, Jackson who seemed to be thinking of something suddenly blurts out, “Ah! ______! I never thought that you were that _______ that Jr. talked about a lot then.”

Your eyes widen as you look at Jr. who shyly laughs and hits Jackson “What are you talking about? Ah, _____ it’s not like that!”

“What are you saying you used to~” Jr. had placed his hand on Jackson’s mouth and the two were struggling, you laugh at them but your phone suddenly rings and you excuse yourself to answer it.

It was a classmate from uni who was asking about details of the paper. You tell her and end the conversation but when you were about to enter the café again, Jackson suddenly grabs you by the wrist and drag you out of Jr.’s sight from the glass door.

“What are you doing?” You shake off his grip

“Why didn’t you tell me you knew Jr.?”

“I didn’t knew it mattered.” You mumble as Jackson’s face nears yours

“Of course it matters!” He says, with an obvious irritation

You see he was getting angry but you don’t know why 

It had been quite some time since you met Jackson and you have had hung out with him several times already. He calls you his best friend and you send each other weird photos and stickers on Kakao all the time. Jackson’s a big goofball so even if he did say that he liked you before you never really took it to heart ‘cause you know he’s just kidding. Like the time he sent a voice note of him singing GOT7’s I Like You and then laughing hysterically at his next voice note. That because you’re already starting to like Jackson and you know that whatever sweet gesture he makes, it would never really amount to much but just that.

But lately, Jackson has been acting weird and he stopped contacting you. You figured he’d be busy with activities and so you didn’t bother, you also needed this in order to take your mind off of him. Two nights ago, he had sent you an sns of a heart-shaped pillow and added “to the prettiest girl”, you laughed at it and you failed to reply to it since it was already late, it had happened before but he would just usually start flooding you again but this time he didn’t and again you thought he was busy, finals are near you didn’t need the drama.

Jackson saw that you were already growing a bit scared by him so he backed off and sighed “Why aren’t you replying to my sns?”

“I was busy too. I have school… Why do you even care?”

“It’s just ‘cause… Because…” He was startled “…Because I care, okay? I hate people who don’t reply.”

You began feeling really annoyed thinking, what’s with him? He’s fussing around too much and accidentally blurt out “You’re such a joke!”

Jackson looked on at you with eyes you couldn’t describe but in the end said “Yeah, everything about me is a joke! Even when I said I like you was a joke! Damn, all this is a joke.”

You kept silent

“I like you, okay? Is that too hard to believe?” He exhales loudly “Whatever, just go back inside, I’m going. This is a joke.”

He left and you stood still there, tears were beginning to brim your eyes and your head filled with so much thought that when Jr. grabbed your shoulder, you were more startled than you should have been

“Are you okay?” Jr. looks at you in the eye “Are you crying?”

You laughed and said “Ahhh! I almost cried because you surprised me!” hoping to feign innocence

“Are you sure?”

Back inside after a couple of hours, you were almost done but you couldn’t keep focus and kept on thinking about what happened earlier.

“Hey, you alright?” Jr. asked, he had stayed the entire time with you, he’s such a sweetheart

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“You know, it was really embarrassing what Jackson kept talking about a while ago…” he began “You know, ________, I’m really glad you asked me to come today. I thought I’d never see you.”

“Well, thanks for coming… You’re such a big help”

He smiles and begins to stack the paper in front of him “_____, I’m sorry I acted the way I did before.”

“What are you saying?”

“I knew you liked me even before you told me on graduation day.”

You could feel your cheeks burning “_____, our friend, told me. Ever since I knew about it, I felt awkward and it was only a couple of weeks before graduation but we really drifted apart.”

You remained silent as you try to let this sink in, you’ve always had a huge crush on him but he always treated you like a good friend instead of anything but he began to distance himself right around graduation and you didn’t knew why and it hurt you.

“To be honest, I’ve always liked you too.” He says “I really, really like you a lot but I was young and stupid.”

“Why are you telling me this now?”

“I’m sorry, _______. I never knew what I had ‘til I lost it. My feelings though remain unchanged.”

“No.”

“Please, _________. I’ve grown up now, I’ve changed.”

“Please just leave me!” You shouted which caught the attention of everyone -  the baristas and a couple

Jr saw how unhappy you were and left you but not without trying to console you first. You rejected him. What’s happening to you? All in just a day, it’s beginning to confuse you… A few hours passed and it’s almost midnight, the café is already starting to close up shop when you’ve decided. You took out your phone and started typing but even before you could hit the send button you hear your name called from behind you…

“_______!”

You turned around and see Jackson covered in sweat and catching his breath.

“_____! I knew you’d wait for me!”

You smile brightly seeing him

Ooops! You sent the message

Jackson pulls out his phone and reads a message saying

“Jackson, I like you* no pun intended”

And he smiles too.