Final

Nerves, Drinks, and Golden Opportunities

“Sehun, hurry up! We’re going to be late!” Tao called from the doorway.

“Hold on! My flowers won’t hold!”

Tao came into the bathroom, already dressed in his outfit for the festival. “Why did you pick that look?”

“Because Boa-noona looked amazing in this.”

Sehun was pressing the flowers together on top of his head, creating a sort of headdress. He removed his hands and grinned as the purple and pink flowers stayed in place.

“Got it!”

“You’re silly,” Tao said before grabbing Sehun’s hand. “Now let’s go! The others are waiting!”

They left their apartment quickly, heels clicking on the ground as they jogged. Luckily it was only a short walk from the apartment to the park where the festival was being held. Their group had staked a claim on a little shaded area, a few blankets spread out and some chairs set out with coolers. Tao leaped onto the tallest man, his lover of five years, Kris. Kris gave him a kiss.

“Well, don’t you look y?” Kris said, releasing Tao from the hug he’d pulled him into.

Tao cocked his hip and winked. “I’m miss A’s Jia today.”

Tao had on a bright pink wig, pulled partially back but allowing the long bangs to frame his face. He was dressed in see through black stockings, black booty shorts, a leopard print faux fur crop top jacket, and black ankle boots.

“You’re the prettiest Jia I’ve ever seen,” Kris said, kissing his boyfriend’s perfectly glossed lips.

Tao hummed happily, wrapping his arms around his equally scantily clad boyfriend. Kris was wearing tight white jeans and knee high white boots. His torso was bare aside from a white sash that stretched across his chest.

“I can’t believe you dressed up, hyung,” Sehun said.

“Tao convinced me. I’m super embarrassed. Everyone keeps looking at me.”

“It doesn’t help how tall you are and you have a great body.”

“A body that is mine,” Tao interjected.

“Who are you dressed as, Sehun?” Kris asked, hand resting on Tao’s hip.

“BoA from “Hurricane Venus”!”

Sehun was clad in fishnet stockings, a pair of white heels, a black bra and underwear, and a long sleeve turtleneck white lace cover dress. The dress hid his underwear, though his garter belts were still visible around his slim waist and his legs stretched on for miles. He was using his own dark hair, slicked back onto his head with flowers resting on top as a headpiece. His eye makeup was fully done and Sehun looked much like BoA aside from being about two times as tall.

“You look a lot like her,” Kris praised.

“Where are the others?” Tao asked. “They said they were already here.”

“Baekhyun and Jongin dragged off Chanyeol somewhere earlier. Kyungsoo went to go meet Junmyeon. I haven’t seen Yixing, Jongdae, Minseok, or Luhan.”

“You guys made it!” came another voice then.

The three turned and laid eyes on their petite friend, Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo!!” Tao cried.

“OMG! You look so cute!” Sehun yelled as they went to hug the smaller.

The three hugged and jumped up and down, looking like an excited group of women.

Kyungsoo was dressed as Raina from Orange Caramel’s “Lipstick”. He was clad in yellow gingham fabric, the sleeves white and yellow checkered while the bodice and shorts were yellow, white, and brown. A blue sash around his waist allowed a yellow skirt to be attached to the outfit and he had on a cute blue tie that had large yellow hearts on it. The final touch was the brown wig pulled into a ponytail and the blue open toed platform heels with yellow socks.

“You make the cutest Raina,” Tao said, playing with Kyungsoo’s wig.

Beside Kyungsoo was his equally short boyfriend, Junmyeon, who was dressed modestly in a button down and slacks. He went to stand beside Kris.

“I’ll just be ignored…”

“You know they have to fawn over Kyungsoo first,” Kris said.

Junmyeon nodded, but Kyungsoo was beside him only a moment later, holding his arm close. Junmyeon smiled at him, lips upturned and eyes crinkling.

Junmyeon and Kyungsoo were a relatively new couple in their group of friends. They’d liked one another for a while and had finally gone on a date. Despite they weren’t that far apart in age, Junmyeon’s mature image made him look quite a bit older than tiny, boyish Kyungsoo and so their friends teased them, calling Kyungsoo a gold digger and Junmyeon a sugar daddy.

Tao and Sehun cooed over the couple.

“Why are you guys so cute?” Tao said.

Kyungsoo just giggled. “Where are Kai and Baekhyun? They’re supposed to be in drag too.”

“Kris said they dragged Chanyeol off somewhere.”

“Oh god, I can’t wait to see how they made Chanyeol dress. The two of them have him wrapped so tightly around their fingers.”

“Is that the open couple?” Junmyeon asked.

“Yes. You’ve met them, sweetie. You don’t remember?”

“I was confused,” the older man admitted.

Kyungsoo kissed his cheek. “You’ll get it.”

The said three appeared then, two men dressed like women leading a taller man by both of his arms.

“Hi!!” the smallest of them, Baekhyun, called.

“OMG Baekhyun! Taeyeon, really?” Sehun said.

“What? I look adorable!” Baekhyun argued.

Baekhyun was dressed in Taeyeon’s “Holler” outfit: a blue with white polka dotted bustier hidden beneath a white eyelet sleeveless shirt that was tied in the front to show off his belly, and faded jean short shorts with a pair of blue sling back wedge heels that were also white polka dotted. His wig went to his waist and was tricolored, going from a dark brown to a light orange at the bottom.

“You do look good. Your waist rivals Sehun’s,” Tao said with a pout.

“He’s beautiful,” the tall giant of a man named Chanyeol chimed with a grin.

Chanyeol was dressed in skinny jeans and a red flannel shirt that was not buttoned at all, displaying his full torso. His fluffy red hair was hidden underneath a backwards turned snapback.

“Well, don’t you look good, Chanyeol?” Tao purred.

Kris’s hand slunk onto Tao’s hip and pulled him closer to his body. Tao giggled a bit, pressing a kiss to Kris’s chin. Chanyeol just smiled his typical smile before looking at the others.

“Are you not going to compliment Jongin? This is the first time he’s dressed in drag with you guys.”

On Chanyeol’s other side was a tanned woman, or rather man, now that they had been told who it was. Jongin was dressed as Hyorin from “Give It to Me”. He had a bedazzled white top hat atop a slightly crimped black wig which fell just past his shoulders. He wore a corset styled top with intricate detailing on the center of the bodice and around the cups and a pair of silver sequined booty shorts. The outfit was finished off with a chunky necklace and a pair of glittery white heels.

“JONGIN?!” Tao and Sehun screamed in unison.

“Wow, Jonginnie, you look so different!” Kyungsoo complimented.

Jongin’s cheeks flushed and he pressed himself into Chanyeol’s arm. Chanyeol just gave his cheek a kiss.

“Isn’t it amazing what waxing your legs and a pair of heels can do for you?” Baekhyun said. “Do you like what I produced?”

“That’s seriously impressive, Baek. I thought you were joking when you said Jongin was going to dress up too,” Sehun said.

“He liked it. He just won’t admit it. I’ll make him join us as a drag queen. Then we just have to capture Jongdae.”

“Jongdae will never join us.” Kyungsoo laughed.

“Damn right, I won’t,” came another voice.

The group turned to see four other men. The one who’d spoken, Jongdae, was dressed in black booty shorts, a black bolero that was studded, and a military style hat. His fingers were intertwined with his boyfriend’s, who was dressed exactly like Jongdae.

“Did you guys seriously dress up like ing N.O.M.?” Baekhyun laughed.

“Hey, we’re not the only ones,” Jongdae said cattily, tilting his chin towards Kris.

Kris’s face flushed and he looked away, pulling Tao in front of him to shield himself. The group laughed.

“I only did this for Jongdae. If any of you try to blackmail me with this, I will pile drive you,” Jongdae’s boyfriend, Minseok, warned.

They all stared at him.

“Damn, Minseok. How can you be so scary and then get all aegyo?” Sehun frowned.

“Because he’s the best,” Jongdae grinned, kissing Minseok’s cheek.

They took a seat in two of the chairs. The other two men smiled at them all. The shorter, a slim man with a dimpled cheek by the name of Yixing, went over to Sehun and smiled at him. Sehun’s cheeks flushed red.

“Hi, hyung.”

“You’re so pretty, Sehunnie,” Yixing cooed.

“T-Thank you.”

Yixing put an arm around Sehun, whom was even taller than him than usual because of his heels. Sehun leaned down and kissed Yixing’s forehead, leaving a light pink kiss mark on his skin. Yixing giggled, holding onto him more. The others around them gagged playfully, teasing the young couple. Sehun and Yixing blushed as they stood together.

The last member of the group, a somewhat tall Chinese man by the name of Luhan, smiled at them all. He waved lightly before noticing Jongin.

“Jongin? Is that you?”

Jongin blushed a bit. “Hi, hyung.”

“You look beautiful.”

“T-Thanks…”

Luhan went over and kissed Jongin’s cheek, tiptoeing a bit. Jongin blushed harder and smiled at him.

“Everyone’s here!” Tao called. “What now?”

“We have fun,” Sehun said.

“What kinds of events are happening?” Kyungsoo asked.

“There’s supposed to be a live stage with dancing and live performances all day. There’s also some shopping and a beer garden.”

“Beer garden. Whoop, whoop,” Kris cheered.

Tao laughed and kissed him, putting his arms around him all the way.

“Anyone wanna hit the dancing then?” Tao asked.

“Me!” Jongin called, waving a bit. “Do you want to dance, hyung?”

“I’ll tag along,” Luhan agreed.

“Jongdae and Minseok can hold down our spot,” Baekhyun said.

“That’s fine,” Minseok agreed from his seat.

Tao and Kris headed off for the beer garden, Tao only joining his boyfriend because he promised to dance with him afterwards. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongin, Luhan, Sehun, and Yixing headed for the dance floor. There were so many people, they were going in a line. Sehun was holding onto Yixing’s shoulders when he collided with someone else.

“Sorry!” he said quickly.

“It’s alright,” said a small woman, quickly heading away.

Sehun looked back after her as he held onto Yixing. The woman seemed oddly familiar, but he couldn’t place her. They reached the dance floor and Yixing turned to Sehun.

“What’s wrong?” Yixing asked him.

“That woman I ran into looks so familiar…”

“Maybe she goes to one of the clubs?”

“I don’t know…” Sehun said with a pout.

“Don’t worry about it, okay? Let’s dance and have fun.”

Sehun agreed and began to dance with Yixing. The other four were dancing nearby as well. They danced until Tao and Kris came over.

“They’re having a performance stage soon! We should sign up,” Tao said.

Sehun looked away from him, his nervousness evident on his face. “I don’t know…”

“Come on, Sehun! This is our job.”

Sehun sighed. They did indeed do drag for a job, but there was something about performing outside as opposed to in a club that made Sehun self-conscious. It’s not like everyone at the festival knew who he was. He and Tao were just starting out their drag queen careers. They weren’t seasoned queens like some others in attendance.

Yixing put his arm around Sehun and smiled at him. “Hunnie, you’ll do great. You should go up there.”

“What if someone else does BoA?”

“There’s no harm in that. You’re going to do wonderful.” Yixing kissed his cheek.

“Let’s go sign up,” Sehun agreed.

Tao nodded, taking his hand and leading him away quickly. They went up to the sign-up sheet near the DJ and signed their names. Sehun turned around and saw the woman not too far away once again. She was standing with a group of five men, talking animatedly. Sehun tilted his head.

“I swear to god…” he mumbled.

Tao stood beside him. “What?”

“I don’t know…That woman looks familiar.”

Tao tilted his head, pink wig draping a bit. “She does look familiar…”

Sehun shook his head. “Let’s get back to the guys.”

They went back and found Yixing and Kris chatting off to the side of the dance floor. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai, and Luhan were out grinding in the crowd. Tao gave Kris a flirty look that made him blush. The shorter Chinese man dragged him out onto the floor. Sehun stood with Yixing on the sidelines.

“Do you want to go grind, pretty lady?” Yixing asked.

Sehun laughed. “Wouldn’t it look weird for a boy to be grinding on a tall lady?”

“Maybe a bit. But this is a gay festival! It’s going to be outrageous.”

Sehun laughed, reaching for Yixing’s hand. They held hands and Sehun pulled Yixing away from the floor.

“Let’s go shopping, hyung. All that dancing is ridiculous.”

Yixing laughed, but agreed, leading him to the shopping stalls. They looked at things for a while until it was time for Sehun to return to the stage. He held Yixing’s hand tight as they walked back.

“I’m nervous.”

“You’ll do great. I believe in you. Even if you mess up, I’ll think you did wonderful,” Yixing said.

Sehun smiled. “Thank you, hyung.”

“Just have fun, okay? I wanna see you up there having fun and rocking it.”

The young drag queen nodded and kissed Yixing lightly. He went to the stage, greeting the DJ, some young guy with a weird stage name involving a dragon. Sehun took his position, listening for his cue. The music for BoA’s “Hurricane Venus” began to play and he began his routine.

About half way through the song, Sehun looked towards the crowd and became nervous, messing up his choreography. He gulped, searching for Yixing’s face in the crowd, but instead he found the woman from earlier. She was smiling at him. He was utterly confused by her appearance. She gave him a thumbs up then, singing along to the song. It clicked then. There, standing in the crowd, was BoA. Sehun wanted to faint. Instead, he regained his courage and managed to jump straight back into his choreography. He finished the song with a final move, delivering a y wink to the crowd. His friends cheered for him loudly, Yixing excitedly jumping up and down.

Sehun descended the stage, a hand over his beating heart. He came face to face with Boa. Sehun’s breath left him.

“B-B-B-” he stuttered.

“I liked your performance. Good job,” she said with a soft smile.

“N-Noona…I-I’m such a big fan!”

“Thank you.”

Sehun was in shock. Boa just smiled warmly at him.

“Boa, over here!” called one of the men Sehun saw earlier.

Boa waved to them and turned back to Sehun. “I have to get going. Thank you for performing my song. You’re a fantastic dancer. See you later.”

Boa walked away, calling out to her friend. Sehun stood there in shock for a few seconds before briskly heading for Yixing. Yixing was grinning at him.

“You did wonderful.”

“Hyung…I…”

Yixing blinked, looking concerned. He reached out and cupped Sehun’s face. “What is it, Hunnie?”

“I met Boa-noona,” Sehun said, “S-She liked my dancing.”

“Boa? The BoA?!” Yixing exclaimed.

Sehun nodded, covering his mouth with his hands. He felt like he was going to sob. Yixing hugged him tightly then.

“Hunnie, I’m so happy for you!”

Sehun hugged Yixing back. “Thanks, hyung…”

Yixing grabbed his face and pulled him down for a kiss. Sehun kissed back, a few tears of joy slipping down his cheeks. They remained in an embrace, rocking back and forth. Tao came over then, on his way up the stage.

“What the hell is with you guys?” Tao asked.

“Sehun met BoA!”

Tao froze on his way to the stairs. “Hold up. What?”

“BoA complimented me on my dancing!” Sehun said, going to shake Tao.

Tao’s pink wig flopped around a bit before he grinned, grabbing Sehun’s biceps and shaking him back. “No way! That is so amazing!”

“Hey, you better get up there,” Yixing said quickly.

Tao nodded and rushed up the stairs to perform for the crowd, Kris right at the edge of the stage and yelling “whoop, whoop” for his boyfriend. Sehun and Yixing cheered him on as he performed, grinning and swaying to the music. When Tao was done, he ran down and hugged Kris, who spun him around and showered him with compliments.

“They’re so sweet, I feel like killing myself,” Sehun said, laughing a bit.

Yixing took Sehun’s hand into his, lacing their fingers, and looked up at him. “I hope we end up like that.”

Sehun blushed and smiled sheepishly, swinging their hands to and fro. “Hyung~”

The four of them headed back to their spot, where Minseok and Jongdae were still seated. Jongdae was seated in his boyfriend’s lap, feeding him. Junmyeon was laying on one of the blankets, head in Kyungsoo’s lap, who had removed his heels and settled comfortably on the ground.

“You guys are back,” Kyungsoo said, “How was it?”

“Hunnie and I performed,” Tao said as he pushed Kris into the other empty chair and climbed into his lap.

Kris just looped his arms around Tao and smiled. Tao grew comfortable, draping a leg over the arm. Sehun and Yixing settled on one of the other blankets, still holding hands.

“What happened to the guys?” Kyungsoo asked then.

“Dunno. They were grinding it up earlier. They’re probably having an in the bathroom,” Kris said with a laugh.

Everyone else laughed and got comfortable. Jongdae opened the ice chest and passed beer around. Kyungsoo held the beer and sighed.

“We should go hit the bar…”

“I will go with you! I need a cosmo,” Tao said quickly.

“Oh! Bring me a fruity drink,” Jongdae said, “I’m sick of beer.”

“Special request?”

“Just something fruity.”

Tao nodded and hopped out of Kris’s lap after pushing a kiss to his lips. As Tao was fixing his shorts, his boyfriend squeezed his and made him squeal. The guys laughed.

“I’ll go too. Do you want anything, hyung?” Sehun asked.

“ on the Beach,” Yixing said.

“Got it!”

Sehun, Kyungsoo, and Tao headed for the alcohol sellers. After a while, they found a booth that would make cocktails.

“Could I get a on the Beach and a Gin and Tonic, please?” Sehun said.

“I’d like a Cosmo,” Tao chimed, then pondered for a moment. “And a Hurricane.”

“A Mimosa and Mai Tai, please,” Kyungsoo said.

“Two drinks for you?” Sehun said.

“One is for Junmyeon.”

“If it’s the Mimosa, I will laugh,” Tao said.

Kyungsoo said nothing, taking the drinks as they were handed to him. Sehun and Tao snickered as they waited for their own drinks. Another person came up then, leaning on the counter as they listed off their drink order.

They were dressed in a black lace button up, the curve of s evident underneath the see through fabric, and a pair of black slacks which did nothing to hide the large they possessed. The outfit was finished off with a single black fingerless glove and a white bolero that was overly decorated with gold jewels and chords. They had a very short haircut, straight across bangs, light on the top and black on the bottom.

“Girl or boy, you think?” Tao whispered, grabbing his Cosmo as soon as it was set on the counter.

“It’s hard to tell…” Kyungsoo said, “There’s s, but they could be fake. That’s real hair…Is that real though? Oh my god…”

“Right?!” Tao said, “I wish I had that .”

“You have a nice …”

“We all do,” Sehun said, coming back from grabbing his drinks.

“But that ,” Tao whined softly.

“I’m telling Kris-hyung.”

Tao glared at Sehun and hip checked him, making Sehun stumble a bit in his heels. He bumped into the person at the counter, startling them. Sehun flushed and spun around quickly.

“I’m so sorry!”

The other laughed, sounding odd. The three boys’ eyebrows raised.

“That’s okay. No harm, no foul,” the person said, voice revealing they were in fact a man.

“Oh my god, you’re a drag queen?!” Tao said in surprise.

The other laughed loudly again. “That I am.”

“Junsu, do you need help with the drinks?” came a woman’s voice.

Boa walked up then and the three boys went speechless, holding their drinks.

“Oh, sure. I only have so many hands,” Junsu said, turning away to face the woman.

“That’s Boa,” Kyungsoo said.

Boa noticed them then and grinned, waving a bit at Sehun. “Hello again! Junsu, this is the drag queen I was telling you about.”

Junsu turned back to look at Sehun, who colored a bit. He smiled and bowed his head, headdress sliding a bit.

“Oh! She’s cute,” Junsu said, “What’s your name, cutie?”

“M-My real name or queen name?”

“Either is fine.”

“I’m Sehun.”

“Nice to meet you, Sehun. I really like your look. Boa said you’re a good performer. Do you work at a club?” Junsu asked, handing Boa a couple drinks.

“I-I don’t really. My friends and I perform a few times a week at some different clubs who have like walk on night.”

“That so? Well,” Junsu paused and leaned a bit, checking out Tao and Kyungsoo, before looking back at Sehun, “You and your friends have good style. Why don’t you come audition at my club? Here’s my card.”

Junsu opened a card case he pulled from his pocket and offered it to Sehun. When he realized Sehun’s hands were full, he slipped it into the top of one of his stockings next to the garter belt, weird laugh going again.

“Hope to see you soon~”

Junsu and Boa then left with their drinks with a friendly wave. Sehun gaped, turning around to look at his friends, the business card rubbing against his thigh as if to remind him that that had just happened.

“What the …?” Sehun said.

“Did you just get us a job offer because of BoA?” Tao said.

“That was BoA…Oh my god. I thought she was BoA, but I figured I was dreaming,” Kyungsoo said.

Tao grabbed Jongdae’s drink, almost forgetting it. They walked back to their group, completely silent. The guys all looked at them. Junmyeon got up, reaching for the smallest queen.

“Kyungsoo, are you alright?”

Kyungsoo nodded, offering him the Mimosa. He took it, blinking and looking concerned over the smaller male.

“Did something happen?”

“I saw BoA in person…”

The others froze and sat at attention. Yixing looked up at Sehun, who was standing beside him.

“You saw her again?” he said.

Sehun nodded, handing Yixing his drink then without a word. Yixing took it and drank, eyes noticing the card in Sehun’s stocking. He reached and pulled it out, startling the drag queen.

“Did someone try to pick you up too?”

“N-No…”

Sehun could tell Yixing was jealous by the tone of his question. Yixing knew Sehun was a pretty queen and popular at these sorts of events. Sehun honestly got a little by his protective jealousy.

“It’s for a club,” Kris said, leaning over in his chair to read the card.

“Where did this come from?”

Tao handed Jongdae his drink. “BoA’s friend was buying drinks and Sehun bumped into him, but then BoA came and recognized Sehun, and then the friend offered for us to come audition for his club!”

“Wow! That’s awesome!” Kris said, “My beautiful princess is going to work in a real drag club!”

Tao giggled, settling himself in Kris’s lap again with his drink. “Maybe~”

Sehun settled beside Yixing, who offered him the card once more. Sehun took it and looked at it.

“I’m so proud of you, Hunnie. I hope you go audition.”

“I really want to…” Sehun took a sip of his drink. “I really hope this isn’t an intricate dream.”

Yixing leaned in and pressed a kiss to Sehun’s cheek. “I love you, Sehun.”

Sehun smiled, leaning his head on Yixing’s shoulder, bumping the other with his headpiece. He jumped, but Yixing just laughed and put his arm around Sehun’s waist. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongin, and Luhan appeared then, looking a bit rumpled and tired. They settled on another blanket.

“Where the hell have you guys been?” Jongdae called.

“We were dancing,” Baekhyun said, laying against Chanyeol’s still revealed chest.

“I’m sure,” Minseok said with a snort.

“What’d we miss?” Luhan asked as he opened a beer and took a drink.

“Sehun got offered an audition at a drag club because of BoA,” Junmyeon said.

“Wait. What?!” Baekhyun yelled.

Sehun showed him the card. “You can probably try out too, Baek.”

“Oh! I’ve heard of this place. They’re really popular. Damn.” Baekhyun let out a whine. “I actually forgot to tell you guys, but I got hired full time at Lady HeeHee’s.”

“Holy , really?” Tao said, “You lucky .”

Baekhyun gave a little wink, tossing his wig over a shoulder. “I know, right?”

They all laughed. The rest of the afternoon was spent in conversation and drinking. Eventually, it got dark and was beginning to get cold. Kris had begun whining about his s quietly, trying to hide them, while Tao only laughed. Eventually, though, Tao also grew cold and the two lovers packed up and headed back for the apartment. Jongdae and Minseok quickly bailed out as well, eager to get their booty short clad butts home safely. Junmyeon and Kyungsoo eventually left to go have dinner together, their lovey-dovey aura making Baekhyun gag playfully. Yixing turned to Sehun, who was watching the stage from afar.

“Want to come to my place?”

Sehun looked at him and then nodded. “Please. I’m sure Kris and Tao will be ing when I get home and I don’t want to hear that.”

Yixing laughed. “Well, I don’t suppose we’ll be too quiet when we get home either.”

The drag queen giggled. “I wouldn’t mind that though.”

Yixing and Sehun got up, picking up their blanket and some other things they’d brought. Sehun turned to the final four, who were all laughing and talking amongst themselves.

“We’re heading out, guys. See you all later,” Yixing said.

“Congrats on your job, Baek,” Sehun chimed.

Baekhyun smiled. “Thanks, Hunnie! I hope you get that job~”

Sehun smiled, waving goodbye to the others, before linking hands with Yixing and leaving the park. He couldn’t help feeling like he’d just had the best day of his life, which would be even better as soon as he got back to Yixing’s apartment. Being a drag queen made his life so much more enjoyable.


I hope you all enjoyed my crack of a story. I just really like drag queens and I really like EXO and I love fantasizing about them like this LOL

BTW, Junsu's look was from the Tarantallegra album