Sixth Crown

Our Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sixth Crown

Ah, oui, c'est vrai: Oh, right Le fraternel: The sibling Ferme ta grande gueule: Shut your big mouth Pour l'amour de Dieu: For God's sake

A faint string of whispers is heard behind the Crown Prince when Sir Eunhyuk finally steps out of his carriage, looking all kinds of handsome and gracious in the morning sunlight.

Light shadows brush across the sharpness of his beautiful features, highlighting the attractive cords of muscles that shape his body without a single effort. White-yellow warmth also skims over small but enticing patches of skin, and spreads across his luxurious attire, making him look like the most elegant man out of all those present in the gardens of the Royal Palace. His plump, pretty lips are stretched into an idle grin, curled over healthy teeth and gum, while fluffy locks of dark hair charmingly fall across his forehead and hover just above thick brows.

Sir Eun – Hyukjae, he quietly admonishes himself – Hyukjae looks natural and gentle and warm, and nearly perfect.

In a small moment of embarrassing weakness, Donghae wishes he could reach out for him and bury himself within his arms, then fall into a quiet, peaceful slumber. But, before he can relish into that promising prospect, the hushed chattering behind him intensifies and snaps him out of his thoughts.

Annoyed, he curtly tilts his head to the side, and the few privileged courtiers promptly fall silent.

 

“Your Sweetheart looks quite pleased to see you, Your Royal Highness,” Jungsu approvingly comments by his sides, standing just a step behind him.

 

A thrilled grin playing upon his lips, the Crown Prince spares him a short glance and blushes a little. He focuses his attention back on the other young man – on his Sweetheart, on Hyukjae –, and then slowly takes in the gentle glint shining within his hazel orbs when their gazes meet, the way the corners of his mouth are slightly pulled upwards, and the careful pace of his footsteps as he heads closer to him.

 

“Yes,” he simply replies as he distractedly traces the small length of his Heart.

 

Yes, he thinks, softly and warmly. And I do as well.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

Followed by his reluctant brother, Hyukjae heads forwards and finally meets the Crown Prince at the bottom of the stone staircase. He gives him a gentle grin, enjoying the light flush that creeps its way across his features, before he carefully holds his left hand within his own and raises it to his face. Eyes locked in chocolate orbs, he slowly bows down before him, until his lips almost brush against the smooth-looking skin.

 

“May the Gods and stars of our aspiring love and of the endless sky brighten up your path for always and again, and – uh –… and through this…” He pauses, thinking hard. “Through this perfect day that is forever yours.” Then, feeling a bit more confident, he adds, “Hello, Donghae.”

 

The Crown Prince blushes furiously at the discreet call of his name. Hand shivering a little within his hold, he hastily adverts his eyes and looks down at his feet. “May the Gods and stars of our aspiring love and of the endless sky brighten up your path as much as they brighten up mine,” he tells him. “And through this flawless, lovely day that I declare as much yours as it is mine forever.”

Bashfully looking up, he then softly utters, “S—Sir Eunhyuk.”

 

The latter chuckles under his breath and slowly straightens up, hands still entwined – he isn’t really sure if he has the right to, but it isn’t like he really cares, anyways. “My name is Hyukjae,” he smiles playfully. “Or maybe you don’t remember, Your Royal Highness?”

 

“I—I do remember, yes!” his Sweetheart hastily looks up at him and blushes hard again. An apologetic and embarrassed glint shines within his chocolate-colored eyes, making him look beyond adorable – Hyukjae supposes it’s about time he starts getting used to it. “It’s only that I –… I promise I haven’t forgotten, Sir, but it’s –… it’s a little embarrassing.”

 

Laughing, the other man takes a step closer and gives him another broad grin. “Don’t be,” he tells him, earning another bashful look. “It isn’t as though we are complete strangers, don’t you agree?”

 

Donghae unconsciously smiles back, if the carefree brightness of his expression is any indication, and nods happily, soft strands of dark-brown hair falling across his forehead. A small pause then goes by, the two men gazing at each other, until he finally seems to remember who and where he is.

Hurriedly stepping back, he disentangles their hands and stiffly clears his throat. Then, glancing around them, he settles a surprised look on Kyuhyun, who has been watching their exchange with boredom almost edging on slight disgust.

He has never been the romantic type of guy, after all.

 

Ah, oui, c’est vrai, Hyukjae snorts bitterly. Le fraternel.

 

Upon realizing he has caught the Crown Prince’s attention, his brother briskly bows down before him and recites his proper greeting without a single mistake – the lucky bastard. Donghae softly returns it, cocking his head to the side in slight confusion.

 

“He is my younger brother,” Hyukjae reminds him before he has the time to ask. “Kyuhyun is his name; the Highest Officer of your Guard announced him earlier, when we reached the palace.”

 

“Oh. Oh!” the other man flushes brightly, eyelids blinking at a rapid pace. “I apologize, Sir Kyuhyun, I –… I—I did hear your announcement, of course, but I was a little –” He pauses abruptly and looks up at him, then squeaks, hastily adverting his eyes away. “I was a little… distracted.”

 

Kyuhyun loudly snickers behind him, until Hyukjae throws a fierce kick at him.

Though he has to admit, he does feel a little smug.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

The Great Gardens of Béllyor, beautiful treasure of the royal heritage, are – according to what Kangin explained – the “right and proper place an intimate rendezvous, if prompted by the Six Seconds of Blooming Romance, should be held in, by virtue of their neutral and unbiased nature”. Indeed, those grounds aren’t one of their respective properties, meaning neither of them should feel any sort of pressure or drawback whilst spending their time together.

Which is apparently the reason why they are here.

Though Hyukjae does think it is quite stupid, considering his Sweetheart has already seen his castle and even visited his loo. Neutrality and non-biasness are quite overrated at this stage, in all honesty.

The three men still stroll around the beautiful gardens together, barely shielded from the blinding sun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter