chapter 4: powers

Bubble bits

Yes hello this is late and unbetaed (like the rest of this story eehhhm what?) and I am sorry. I shall improve! (one day in the future I will probably actually finish when I start writing something, ahh that day will be great!)

Anyway

Enjoy for now, it will be edited later! ^^ 

 

 

“Good morning Sehun”

The man in front of him is little older than Sehun, muscular and with a huge tattoo across his bare chest. Sehun gives him a bored once-over and replies with a bow and a “good morning sir”. The training cube is large, empty except for himself and the trainer, and the ground under him is made of hard-packed sand. The rest of the students are training in different, probably similar training cubes with 20 in each working on improving and perfecting their control over their different elements with the help of 2 trainers. Due to his powers and their unwillingness to cooperate Sehun has to train alone for now, together with a specialized trainer. Though, if he concentrates he can see through Jongdae’s eyes and feel as the other focuses on moving a small, electric sphere around him in a circle as warm up. Sehun gives the boy a mental push and have to refrain himself from smirking as the other loses control over the sphere for a moment so that it explodes in front of Jongdae and send the person next to him to the floor. The annoyance is clear in Jongdae’s mind and Sehun quickly shuts the link between them. Sehun’s new assistant hates him more than anything and thanks to the quirks the headmaster did to their contract (Sehun’s parents insisted on that Sehun wouldn’t need an assistant but when the headmaster made it sound as if he was going to do some kind of charity by taking care of one of the schools lesser student while simultaneously getting some minor help himself they immediately changed their minds) he’s practically Sehun’s slave.

Jongdae hates the arrangement.

Sehun loves it.

“Let’s get started shall we?” Sehun refocuses on his trainer and nods. “My name is Bang Youngguk, 5th level environment controller and 2nd level illusionist, and I will be your special trainer for now, you will call me Mr. Bang. We’ll practice Wednesday mornings and Thursday and Friday afternoons like all students but we’ll also practice four hours every Sunday from 1 p.m to 5 p.m, understood?”

“Yes, Mr. Bang” Sehun answers but can’t help but be annoyed. Why does he have to train four more hours than everyone else? It’s not fair and unnecessary.

“Good. Now, as I’ve understood it you’ve got 2 level 3 powers and 2 level 5 is that correct?”

“Yes Mr.Bang”

“You’re level 3’s are the once called sunlight and speed while your level 5’s are wind and illusion or, as it’s also called, shadowing, is that correct?”

“Yes Mr.Bang.”

“Good.” Mr.Bang regards Sehun quietly from head to toe and Sehun tries to stand a bit straighter. There is something about the man that makes him feel as if he’s doing something wrong and the gaze the other has on him is unsettling and unreadable. “Let’s start with your level 3 power, sunlight. Do you know what the sunlight really is?”

“Sunlight can more correctly be called starlight, since our sun is a star.” Sehun starts, knowing the words by heart. “It’s the product of the thermonuclear fusion of hydrogen in stars and is sent out in the form of energy. A sunlight controller is able to transform its soul energy to the same kind of energy without actually going through the initial thermonuclear fusion, which means that even the most skilled sunlight controller won’t be able to create the fusion occurring in stars. Sunlight controllers are different from normal light users since their light is warmer, more concentrated and takes more energy. This means that their light is better used for quick, long-range techniques and attacks.” He finishes.

“You sound like a text book” Mr. Bang says with a snort. “It’s correct. Sunlight takes a lot of energy and most sunlight controllers can only use around 5 attacks/hour, high level sunlight controllers can make around 15 or even up to 20 attacks/hour. With sunlight users the amount of attacks doesn’t depend on their level but more on their soul energy, which means you’ll probably be able to make up to 20 attacks/hour using this power when you can control it. However, you won’t be able to make the most advanced sunlight techniques but more simple once. Advanced sunlight techniques are less concentrated to one spot, for example making an actual sunray, while less advanced are making small, concentrated “stars” and send them to burn your enemy.” Mr. Bang takes up a key out of his pocket and walks towards Sehun. “Give me your hand, I will take away your first bracelet and we’ll use this lesson for you to get more acquired to your sunlight power.”

 

When Sehun leaves the training cube hours later he’s in a sour mood and hungry. Mr. Bang made him sit down all lesson with his legs crossed and focus on holding a small little star in front of his face. He was supposed to hold it for 20 minutes and if the star wavered a millimetre or lost some of its shine Sehun had to start from the beginning. It was frustrating to say the least and by the end his record was 12.45 minutes. Mr. Bang had not seemed surprised or disappointed or annoyed, he’d just told Sehun “good job” and “go eat lunch” with his constant stoic impression. It annoyed Sehun that he couldn’t tell what his trainer was thinking and by the time he reached the canteen his mood wasn’t any better.

“Babe!”

Ah right, Luhan.

The boy comes strolling up to him with a grin as soon as Sehun steps into the room, soaking in the jealous stares as he puts and arm around Sehun’s waist and leans a head on his shoulder. Sehun can feel the angry glare from Luhan’s ex, Minseok, from across the cafeteria and he’s overjoyed that looks can’t kill. He’d decided to date Luhan mostly to get rid of the annoying, hopeful girls following him around and a little because it made a lot of people despise him. Apparently Luhan and Minseok had been in an on and off relationship since they started the school and had successfully created a chaos of jealousy, broken hearts and drama around them during the years. There was few things Sehun found as amusing as playing around with idiots and making people hate  him, it was nicer than their foolish adoration, so he’d jumped at the first opportunity to destroy things some more.

That Luhan had a very pretty face was just a plus on the side.

“Hi” Sehun answers and strides towards the food while placing his arm on the slightly shorter males shoulder. “How was your telekinesis training?”

“Oh, you know the usual. Pretty simple.” Luhan answers with a grin as they reach the lady by the counter. Their school canteen is more like a restaurant with hundred different options, all for free of course.

“Two Chinese specials please” Sehun orders and Luhan looks at him with a surprise. “Tao said it was your favourite. I guess it reminds you of home? Or maybe it isn’t as good as real Chinese food?” He says and smiles down at Luhan. The other blushes slightly and looks away from Sehun with a small smile.

“Naa it’s not as good but I still like it better than the other things they serve here” He says and Sehun grins wider at his flustered expression. The easiest way of making someone fall for you is knowing their favourite food, it always works.

Sehun suddenly feels a small pushing against his mind and opens the communication channel for Jongdae to speak.

You’re a ing douche you know that right?

Sehun tries hard not to smile even more and glances over to where Jongdae is sitting together with Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Minseok. Sehun figures that Jongdae’s reason for hating him is that Sehun is together with Luhan. A breakup between Jongdae and Luhan generally means that Jongdae has to take care of his mentor and make sure he doesn’t go out of line too much while simultaneously kindly rejecting the others half-assed advances.

He doesn’t seem overjoyed at the responsibility.

What? I am just hanging with my new boyfriend, making sure he’s getting his favourite for lunch. Are you angry cause it’s not you? Jealous?

you.

 

Hope you liked this chapter and leave a comment! ^^