Chapter 3

Bubble bits

Jongdae absolutely hates this.

"What the " He whispers as he drowns his fifth glass of vodka, waiting for the comfortable buzz of alcohol to finally take over his body. It doesn't. His vision is as clear as ever and his head doesn't spin when he looks around the crowded, dark room. "What the actual " He growls and throws away the now empty plastic cup. A body comes stumbling against his and he lets out a huff of breathe as someone collides into his chest.

"Jongdae-ah~!" Baekhyun croons in his ear and leans heavily on his best friend. "Have you seen Channie~?"

"No." Jongdae answers shortly and tries to escape Baekhyun's hold.

"Why are you not drunk?" Baekhyun sludders and frowns up at Jongdae. "I thought you'd be drunk by now"

"So did I" Jongdae answers and let his desperation show. "Baekhyun, this week has been ty as and now I can't even get drunk!" He continues and looks almost pleading at his friend just to realise that his attention had been turned elsewhere.

"CHANNIE~~~!!" Baekhyun screeches too loud and wobbles towards the third part of their group. Jongdae sighs and mentally wish that his friend would be less obvious with his affection. The week has been a mess of weird stuff happening and Jongdae is too tired to deal with his sudden high alcohol tolerance and Baekhyun's normal obsession with Chanyeol. The only positive side to this week is that the glowing red "ones" disappeared after the history lesson, although Jongdae still would have preferred them to suddenly getting drugged beyond belief out of nowhere as soon as the lesson ended. He'd sworn to Joonmyun that he had nothing to do with it and that he'd never take drugs during a school lesson. Joonmyun had let him off then but when he found Jongdae on top of the school roof two nights later he wasn’t as forgiving. Jongdae had sworn up and down that he had not mean to end up on the roof and that he had nothing to do with the flying roof tiles (because really, how could he?) but Joonmyun had said that enough was enough and that it “was for his own safety” before he dragged Jongdae to the principal’s office. Now Jongdae would receive his final punishment the following Monday and he couldn't even get drunk on a Saturday.

Suddenly he feels a sting at the back of his neck and a whole-body shiver makes him break into sudden Goosebumps. Jongdae is accustomed to this reaction by now and he grinds his teeth in anger as he slowly turns around and spots the male he's pretty sure is the reason of all his problems in some way or another standing just some feet away, surrounded by a group of girls and looking partly annoyed and partly amused. Jongdae has no idea how or why Sehun has made his week a living hell but he's a 100 % sure the brat is somehow responsible for the things happening to Jongdae. He was completely normal until Sehun started the school and now these ridiculous things keep happening to him as soon as he even so much as thinks about the guy. It doesn't help that Sehun is ridiculously attractive and somehow manages to make Jongdae's heart go haywire every time he's around.

Jongdae absolutely hates it.

He turns around again just as Sehun turns in his direction, avoiding eye contact with the male in favour of snatching a new cup of Vodka from a girl who's clearly had too much as she stumbles past. He looks down on the clear liquid and decides to drown it all in one shot.

"Are you sure you should do that, aren't you a lightweight?" Comes an amused voice from behind him and Jongdae finishes the content of the cup before lazily craning his head back to look at the person staring down at him.

"Mind your own ing business Tao" He says with a sweet smile and the other boy rolls his eyes.

"Whatever, I just don't wanna be the one to deal with your drunken " He says and sits down next to Jongdae on the sofa. Sehun pops up out of nowhere and Jongdae resists the urge to glare at the guy.

"As if you'd ever help me" Jongdae snorts and Tao raises an eyebrow.

"Someone is especially feisty today, did Joonmyun actually bail you out this Tuesday or something?" Tao snorts and Jongdae rolls his eyes. Of course Tao is all about knowing the newest gossip.

"Of course not" Jongdae answers and decides not to tell Tao about the incident on the roof.

"Shame" Tap states and Jongdae glares at him. "Anyway, have you met Sehun- my new roommate" He continues and turns to the pale guy by his side.

"Nope" Jongdae says, keeping the venom out of his voice as he reaches forward to shake Sehun's hand. "I'm Jongdae, nice to meet the new addition to the oh-so-great future" He says and Sehun actually grins as he takes the hand offered. Tao seems annoyed by Jongdae's sarcasm but Jongdae couldn't care less. Especially since the skin contact with Sehun makes his stomach wobble dangerously and skin erupt with electricity. He hopes his hair isn't suddenly standing straight up when he releases Sehun's hand and quickly turns around to look out in the crowd, but not fast enough.

He utters a startled cry as the second body that night slams into his.

"Jongdae~!" A voice whines in his ear and Jongdae tenses.

Oh no.

"Oh right, did I forgot to tell you that Minseok and Luhan argued again?" Tao says sweetly to his right and Jongae glares at him over the mop of brown hair on his shoulder. A hand is slowly working its way down his front and he slaps it away with annoyance.

Why does this happen every time Luhan and Minseok fights?

"Minseok." He says sternly and tries to get the man off him while simultaneously trying to stop his wandering fingers. "You're too drunk for this. You shouldn't do this, think of Luhan"

"Luhan hates me" Minseok sobs into Jongdae's shoulder before turning his face towards Jongdae's neck. "And I him" He whispers dangerously against Jongdae's neck and surges forward to a stripe towards his ear. Jongdae lets out a startled sound somewhere between a screak and a moan and tries to escape Minseok's mouth on his neck.

"No you don't" He manages to get out and uses one of his hands to push Minseoks head off his shoulder, resulting in the one of Minseok’s others hands being freed. "You just have a very d-disfunctional relationship" Jongdae stutters as Minseok's freed hand presses straight onto his crotch. He tries to bring his legs up to protect himself from the assault but Minseok is already practically in his lap and Jongdae's playing a losing game.

It's not his fault, he tell himself, Minseok is smoking hot and something about having stupid Sehun beside him results in his body already being tense and reactive.

"Help" He growls to Tao on his right and tries to push Minseok's hand away from himself while craning his neck in an angel so that Minseok can't fit his head under his jaw and leave hickeys all up his throat.

"Why?" Tao asks, amusement clear in his voice. "You seem to enjoy yourself and didn't you just tell me to mind my own business seconds ago?"

" you Tao" Jongdae growls and he can ing hear the bastard laughing.

"Luhan is the Chinese guy isn't it?" Sehun suddenly asks from the side and Minseok jerks at the mention of the name.

"He's a ing devil. He doesn't care about anyone but himself that ing bastard" He growls and Jongdae can't help but think that it's a pretty accurate description.

It's just that the exact same could fit for Minseok himself.

"Huh" Sehun says with a weird tone in his voice and Jongdae turn his head and watches as Sehun stands up and leaves in disbelief.

"What a er" He mutters but the turn off his head has it made possible for Minseok to press in closer and Jongdae finds himself getting busy with an armful of extremely Minseok.

In the end Joonmyun is the one to save him from the assault but Jongdae is still too angry at him to even thank him and decides that he’s had enough of the party. On his way out he sees Sehun standing way too close to a smirking Luhan and he feels the sudden urge to go over there and punch them both in the face. He resists and stumbles out instead, ignoring anyone that tries to stop him and take off in the direction of the school. The party was held in a hidden house in the forest, still on school grounds but far enough away from the teachers to go unnoticed. Jongdae's head is still clear but de still stumbles to bed as soon as he reaches his and Baekhyun’s shared room with every intend to sleep away the entire Sunday, hungover or not.

 

"I am sure you're intelligent enough to understand the graveness of this situation." Headmaster Lee says and frowns at Jongdae. "I thought you knew better than this Jongdae."

"I do, sir! It's just..." Jongdae tries to explain what exactly it is. "These weird things keep happening and I have no part in them I just..."

"Happens to be the only one affected?" The headmaster says with a raised eyebrow and Jongdae slumps in his seat. The man's eyes soften as he looks at the sad teenager in front of him and he heaves out a sigh. "You know I don't want to expel you Jongdae. Your parents where great people and you do have potential but you can't keep fooling around like this. What will your grandparents say?"

"I know, and I'm sorry" Jongdae mutters, staring down at his knees- fighting back the urge to scream or cry because it's not.his.fault.

"Sorry is unfortunately not enough anymore Jongdae. Something needs to be done about your situation. I have talked to the school council and the other teachers and we have considered different solutions and come up with one we see fitting" Headmaster Lee continues and takes a short paus where he stares gravelly at Jongdae. "We have decided that the best way for you to develop is if you got a strong role model and a responsibility you can't ignore. We think it will benefit both your growth and this other person as he tries to blend into the school."

"Wait, another person?" Jongdae asks and blinks in confusion at Headmaster Lee.

"Yes" Headmaster Lee answers stonily. "Kim Jongdae, for the benefit of both you and Oh Sehun you will become his assistant until all his bracelets are off.

Jongdae feels like throwing up.