two (the -up squad)

Bubble bits

It’s around lunchtime and Sehun has been bored since morning. He hates being new on schools, the constant whispering around him is making his head ache and the stares are getting annoying. He know that he's attractive, he's always been, but that doesn't mean he's some sort of circus animal begging to be stared at.

He hates it.

"This is Jongin and Tao" Joonmyun says as they reach a table at the faraway corner of the canteen and gestures towards its occupants. "They're your roommates so I thought it would be a good idea to introduce you. Jongin, Tao, meet Sehun."

Jongin is a tanned, good-lucking boy with innocent eyes and -hair. Tao looks like a hard-core bad boy with rippling muscles and hard eyes when he looks at Sehun. They're both good looking and it's a shame that they're Sehun's roommates, he doesn't bang people when he can't ditch them without too much drama.

"Hi" Jongin says with a smile as Tao leans forward with a curious glint in his eyes. “Nice to meet you Sehun.”

“Same” Sehun answers as he sits down with a smile, he figures that he should at least try to seem nice.

“So do you really have 3 level 5 powers?” Tao asks, not bothering to try and hide his curiosity. Sehun appreciate his straight forwardness and smirks but Joonmyun looks scandalised.

“Tao-“He starts in a very lecturing tone but Sehun irrupts him.

“Nope” He says, directed at Tao while ignoring Joonmyun. “If you have to know its only 2 level 5 powers and 2 level 3, so far” He continues and Tao’s eyebrows raise up. Beside him Jongin lets out a low whistle and Suho looks annoyed but unwillingly impressed. Sehun is used to these reactions and simply shrugs at them.

“That explains the many control bracelets” Tao says with a nod at the four bracelets dangling from Sehun’s arms.

“I’m guessing you’ll also need an assistant then?” Jongin asks and Sehun furrows his brows.

“An assistant?” He asks and turns to Joonmyun.

“It’s a student helping system that we have on this school- basically you’ll get an older student that can help you ease into the school and fix any problems you can have due to those bracelets or your powers in general” Joonmyun explains in a voice like he’s said the words a thousand times, which he probably has.

“Tao had one before, his name was Kris and he was nice but with a permanent face” Jongin says with a grin and both Joonmyun and Tao tense up. “But Tao lost him when the school realized that he failed his power tests on purpose to keep having Kris as his assistant”

“Shut up.” Tao snarls with flaming cheeks. “At least I failed those tests on purpose.” He turns back to Sehun. “Jongin still has an assistant, Kyungsoo, also called Satan.”

“A very cute Satan.” Jongin says with a dreamy expression and Tao rolls his eyes.

“I don’t need any babysitter” Sehun says with a scrowl and turns back to Joonmyun, who gives a small sigh.

“I’m afraid that’s not up to you to decide” He says. “There’s a lot of students who doesn’t want an assistant but they have no choice, if you have one bracelet or more you’ll get one.”

“They’re pretty ok” Jongin says and Sehun notices that he’s got a black bracelet, similar to Sehun’s, around his arm. “The assistants I mean, they are like bound to do whatever you want so it’s pretty nice. It’s like having a servant who helps you with stuff” He continues with a grin and Joonmyun looks highly displeased.

“The assistant is supposed to take care of you, not be your personal slave. They’re only there to help you adapt to the school and make sure you don’t slack off on your training” Joonmyun lectures. “People with high powers are an important part of the future for this country and needs special aid until they can control their powers.”

Both Jongin and Tao looks like they couldn’t care less and Sehun refrains from rolling his eyes at the last words. Joonmyun sounds like every adult person Sehun’s met since he got his first level 5 power. He has been “the most important part of the future” ever since.

Joonmyun looks like he’s going to continue his lecturing but is irrupted by a tall boy with huge ears that stops at their table with a worried look.

“Hi uuh Joonmyun so a thing sort of happened, I don’t really know how but it would be great if you could help without, you know, telling the teachers.” He says with a nervous smile and Tao rolls his eyes while Jongin snickers. Joonmyun’s expression darkens and the guy’s smile wavers.

“I swear to god Chanyeol, if one of you is drunk again during school hours I’m talking to your teacher-in-charge.” He says angrily as he stands up and the other boy seems to panic.

“No but you have to listen, we have no idea how it happened- someone must have done something to Jongdae’s water or something because we drank most part of our liquor yesterday and Baekhyun has the rest and I mean the weed is for the party this weekend and oops” The guy, Chanyeol, seems to realise that he’s said too much and his face pales as he looks down on a now fuming Joonmyun.

“I suggest that we go and find Jongdae first and fix this before I take the three of you to the headmaster.” He says in a low tone and Chanyeol looks a lot like a kicked puppy.

“But you don’t understand Joonmyun, we haven’t done anything directly against the rules today I swear! I have no idea how he got high- he was sitting at a history lesson for Christ sake!” Chanyeol tries to explain as he walks after Joonmyun as the other storms out of the canteen.

Sehun turn to the others with a raised eyebrow and Tao simply shrugs at him.

“That was Chanyeol, a level 4 fire controller. Or if you can call what he’s doing control. He and his two closest friend are like the prank squad, I mean there aren’t a lot of people on this school that are actually following the rules but those three are literary responsible for a fifth of all pranks and stuff of this school” Jongin explains.

“And it’s not small pranks either.” Tao irrupts. “In the beginning of this school year they somehow managed to get every single first year drunk during at least one lesson in less than a week. No one knows how they did it because most first years didn’t even know their names but everyone is sure that it was their work. Joonmyun was furious but he has like a weak-spot for Jongdae and no proof so he just let it slide.”

“He still had to help like half of the first years to get their together. You should have seen some of the professors after half their first year class came in drunk or high” Jongin says with a grin and Tao rolls his eyes again. “The school tried to frame them for a month afterwards and all known troublemakers had to sit in like hour long interrogations during that time. Still the school didn’t catch those three.” He continues.

“Chanyeol didn’t seem like he could lie that well” Sehun points out and Jongin shrugs.

“Well I guess he’s better in front of teachers but generally Jongdae or Baekhyun stands for the lying part” He admits. “But I’m guessing that since Jongdae is probably throwing up his breakfast in a bathroom or something and Baekhyun’s somewhere else he was the only one to ask Joonmyun. Besides it’s highly unlikely that Joonmyun will actually report Jongdae, that guy can be a manipulative little when he wants to.” He continues bitterly.

“They’re pretty cool though” Tao says and take up a mirror to fix his hair in. “Like I mean they don’t go too far like some people, they still keep their grades on an okay level and stuff. And you can actually talk to Jongdae and Chanyeol even though they’re friends with that Baekhyun”

“Diva clash” Jongin explains and Tao glares at him. Jongin seems to decide it’s safest to change subject. “Anyway as you heard from Chanyeol’s babbling there’s a party this weekend. Joonmyun probably wants you to “stabilize in the school” and not go or something but if we don’t tell him before we’re already there it should be fine. So, are you game?”

Sehun looks back and forward between Jongin’s eager look and Tao’s uninterested one. Normally he’s not a fan of parties, especially since his alcohol tolerance is way too high, but he could need a distraction this weekend. Especially if everyone is going to stare as much as they’re doing right now.

“Sure”