Chapter 2

Always Remember, Fish Brain...

No one ever told me a late night sleepover on Sunday night is a bad idea. 

Ok my mom tells me every time, but who listens to moms these days? Though perhaps I should. Calculus class the next Monday was rough.

I dragged my dog tired body into the stuffy classroom just as the bell rang. Kyuhyun was already seated and working on the warm up. I slumped into my seat and glared at said boy.

"You've gotta be high," I muttered as I took out my notebook.

"Compared to your short stature, yes I am quite high. Normal people call that tall," he replied smirking.

I elbowed him. Hard. "I mean how the hell are you awake right now?" 

"You telling me you're not awake right now? Hae, you might need to consult a doctor to discuss a severe case of sleep walking." 

I swear I was going to kill that kid one day. After grumbling some, I finally admitted defeat and started to integrate equations. Minutes passed in comfortable silence with only the sounds of pencil scratching against notebook paper. The letters and numbers started swirling around the page and soon I was halfway to la-la land.

BAM! The door slammed open and in walked Mr. ing Lee Eunhyuk.

"Sorry, Mrs. Kang. It was the draft," he said as he strolled to his desk.

"Pass?" Mrs. Kang asked.

Eunhyuk shrugged. "Nah, Mr. Kim should have emailed you."

She glared at him and stumped over to her computer. "Yup. Got the email. You wre filmed doing a lab huh?" 

He grinned. "Gotta set a good looking example for the next AP Physics class." 

Wait. A. Second. AP Physics. Not only did he sneak into my AP Calc class, but he also charmed his way into AP Physics?! He was suppose to be dumb! 

Mrs. Kang cocked an eyebrows at Eunhyuk. "So out of everyone in your class, they picked you to film as an example of a physics student." 

His grin only grinned wider. His eyes practically glowing. 

"Well Mrs. Kang," Eunhyuk said, "I was an obvious choice! Best looking and best student! It's like a double whammie." 

I gagged at his arrogance but my stomach did somersaults at his easy confidence.

"Psst," I whispered to Kyuhyun, "is he actually good at physics?" 

Kyuhyun nodded. "Yeah, he's certainly not the best. That's obviously me, but he's up there. Boy has a thing for physics," Kyu replied. 

I groaned inside. Great, now that he's partially intelligent, my brain is further convinced that Lee Eunhyuk is the one. 

"Does our school offer regular physics?" I wondered out loud. 

"Why yes it does," Lee ing a Eunhyuk answered. 

He spoke to me.

He actually said something that was directed at me. 

He knows I exist! 

I don't know why my but my heart was dancing. A rush of excitement and joy and fear washed over my being. My brain was a jumble of teenage hormones and emotions. 

I couldn't speak. It was like my brain couldn't form sentences and my vocal cords were disintegrated. 

"Yeah, Hae isn't the best at physics, but college look for it you know?" Kyuhyun answered for me. He kicked my chair slightly to say "You totally owe me one."

"I get it. But regular physics is quite easy." Eunhyuk smiled and turned to face Kyu and I. 

"My easy or your easy?" I suddenly blurted out.

Eunhyuk looked at me and smiled. 

"My easy. So I'm gonna guess that's mildly challenging for you. But I highly encourage you to take it. I can even tutor you if you need help," he said with a wink.

Did this stupid douchebag just insult my intelligence?! Man I will never speak to-

Did he just wink at me? 

Dear god he winked at me.