Chapter 1

Always Remember, Fish Brain...

Sleep overs are good for the soul, I've decided. Especially the ones that you stay up until 2 in the morning chatting about feelings.

"I have a confession," I said while slowly pulling up the blanket to hide my embarrassment.

"What? You're pregnant? How many times do I have to tell you that that is impossible?" Kyuhyun joked. 

I rolled my eyes and chucked a pillow at him. But then again, what are best friends for other than free food and free teasing?

"No, Kyu," I continued, mumbling into the darkness. It was close to one in the morning and I had no restrictions on my thoughts. "I think I have a new crush..."

"What?!" Kyuhyun shout-whispered. He jumped on top of me and shook me a little. "I thought you were all over that Siwon guy!"

"Jesus no! I was not all over Siwon!" I pushed him off me and shoved him off the bed. "Besides, he's got a girlfriend now." 

"Oh." 

The room was silent for a while. I was ok with my homouality. I always knew I was different from the other boys in some way. But Kyuhyun knew that I was bitter over the fact so many people rejected simply because I like boys. For a couple years, I made a pact with my brain to never let anyone have the chance to reject ever again. I grew out of that phase, but feelings of embarrassment still lingered when I develop crushes.

"Well?" Kyuhyun asked. "You gonna tell me or are you going to leave me hanging?" 

I bit my lip. I was nervous. I hated admitting my feelings out loud. 

"I think I'm developing a slight crush on Lee Eunhyuk," I finally admitted. 

"Aw, you guys would be so cute together!" Kyuhyun for some reason was surprising ok with my brain's poor selection of a crush.

"Dude!" I exclaimed. " I have a ing crush on Lee Eunhyuk and all you have to say is we would look cute together?!"

"What? What am I suppose to say?" Kyuhyun defended. It was clearly too late for his genius of a brain to function.

I climbed down and sat cross legged across from him. Staring into his eyes, I said slowly, "Lee Eunhyuk is a jock. A jock with a large selection of hoes to choose from. Besides, you said it yourself! All he cared about are basketball and s."

"I never said that!" 

"Don't interrupt! I'm actually spilling my inner feels here!" I took a deep breath and continued. "The crush is stupid and pointless. All I like are his looks! My infatuation with stupid Lee Eunhyuk is based solely on shallow desires! I have no room for shallow! I'm a sophisticated young man!"

Kyuhyun snickered and I glared.

"Also," I ranted on, "there's no chance that he will ever like me back. I'm the nerd! He's the jock! I mean I'm not ugly, but compared to his harem of females I am nothing!"

"You have personality."

"Like a guy like him would care. This crush is so stupid!! I hate my brain."

"Then why do you like him? I mean there has to be a reason. It can't be just his looks. Yeah your brain is stupid, but not that stupid." 

I thought about it. Yeah, I realized there's a bit more than shallow desires involved but I was not ready to accept that my crush was actually a little logical. So I chose to not respond and hide my head under the covers. 

Kyuhyun sighed. He was used to me bottling things up. 

"Alright," he mumbled. "Don't stress about it Hae. It's just a crush. Don't let it get all over your head and ruin your mood, ok?"

I nodded.

"Night fish."

"Night stupid."

"Did you notice how people in crush have a tendency to refer to everything as stupid?"