Chapter 2

melody of the violin string

a/n : Hi.. double update for today since we spent too much time for updating.hehe..enjoy this is the 1st one..


 

That night, Choi company was holding small party at a samgyupsal restaurant at MyeongDong. Minho even requested the owner of the restaurant to provide an extra karaoke service for him and his employees, of course being the president of the company, money isn’t becoming a problem at all. Seeing his employee laughing and chatting noisily around him is somehow becoming one of his medicine and self provement which can trigger him to do better in the future for the company. And today was also special for him, since he got another bonus since he can see more side of Karen, one of his best employee that has started to stole his attention lately.

Minho glanced at the girl who were laughing as watching one of his friend being crazy and almost killing themselves, by making themselves out of breath singing Run To You- DJ DOC and dancing like a crazy maniac. Sometimes when he was sipping his drink, he catched her was clutching her stomach with his left hand as trying to stopped herself from laughing out loud seeing her friend behaviour. He can’t hold himself following smile after her, even when another employees was doing the same act like her, but Minho only have more interest for the girl, Karen Lee.

“President Choi, come on, you sing..” One of his employee spoke, snapped him out from him thought. Now almost all of the employees eyes was at him making him cleared his throat nervously.

“Later.” He said shortly to the girl employee who offered him the microphone while throwing her his gorgeous smile making the girl smile sheepishly, smitten by his charisma. The party continued while some of the girls there still swooned, can’t get over from his charming smile. Minho only slightly glanced at them, but then his eyes landed to Karen who apparently was also looking at him. Karen bow slightly and smile at him, making him doing the same gestures at her to returned her manner. Karen threw him a wide grin before moving back his attention to the next person who were singing three bears dumbly, making Minho chuckled. Now almost all of the people there clapping, following the song beat making Minho can’t hold himself to looked at the girl, and somehow his eyes landed on her right pocket blazer, the place where she used to put her right hand.      

Being a human, its natural for him to be curious with her ‘unique’ behavior. Minho never once seeing her doing something with both of her hands, or specifically he must said that he never saw her right hand at all since Karen always hide it in her pocket.

“Yah, come on clap with us..” Minho heard  the guy who sat beside Karen spoke and nudge her as grinning and swaying his body to the left then to the right following the music. Karen only gave her a smile, but then she only took her drink and sip it with his left hand. Left handed? Minho thought slightly, but still its not answered his curiousity at all. Being left handed, it doesn’t need to hide your right hand on your pocket all the time right? He thought.

“Hey.. come on..” The guy spoke again. If Minho not mistook his name, he is Youngjae from purchasing division. Youngjae keep nudging Karen repeatedly and Minho started to see uncomfortable expression appear on her face. She still gave Youngjae a small yet uncomfortable smile.

“Ne.. Sunbae.” Karen muttered, trying to move Youngjae attention back to the stage. She sighed in relieved after finally Youngjae did, and Minho who sat not far away from her also didn’t miss that scene.

The three bear song almost reach it end, when Youngjae who now clearly becoming really drunk, for the third time turned his eyes back to Karen and then shifting his gaze to her right hand on her pocket. He furrowed his brow at Karen making her could only smile nervously at him.

“Aigoo..tch.. this girl. Jinjja..” Youngjae complained before reached his right hand to hold Karen arm, and soon started pulling the girl hand out of her pocket.

“A..aniyo, sunbae. Its okay..” Karen struggle to keep her hand on her pocket.

“What is okay? You’re really no fun..” Youngjae slurred still pulling Karen arm, but the girl also trying to depend her hand on her pocket.

“Sunbaee…” Karen whined, protested, trying to pulled her arm off from his grip. Some of her co-worker who saw the scene, was only trying to helped her, but they only scolded Youngjae halfheartedly yet keep busy with their ownselves, thinking that it isn’t a big deal for Karen.

“Clap.. Clap..Clap..come on..” Youngjae slurred once again, now his hand moved toward her pocket and with one yank he pulled Karen hand out of her pocket forcefully, making Karen yelped and stumbled toward him, right at that time, all of the people there was cheering for the worst score that appeared on the screen for the tree bear song, clearly oblivious that Karen on her place was really frustrated with Youngjae behaviour.

“Come on…” Youngjae gripped Karen numb-hand and trying to make her clapped, he’s way too drunk to realized that Karen almost crying with what he did. But then, Karen saw as someone took her hand from Youngjae’s hand, put his other hand on Youngjae cheek and turned his face toward the screen.

“Look at that! Worst score Youngjae-ah..” Minho said to the guy making him hiccups but then chuckled to himself while slurred incoherent words about the score that he saw. Minho turned his head to Karen as sat himself between the girl and Youngjae,forcefully trying to make empty space so he can get enough place to sit.

“You okay ?” He asked, turned his head to Karen, smiling, and unconsciously squeezing her hand that he was holding with his right hand as his left hand was trying to reached his drink on the other side of table. But then he stopped his movement halfway and looked at the hand that he was holding as he realized that Karen hand wasn’t responded to his squeeze at all. It feels like he was squeezing a swollen dead meat?? Minho blinked once before move his gaze toward Karen who were looking at him like he caught her red-handed doing a sin.

“Jeosonghamnida, President Choi.. Please don’t fire me!!” Karen half shouting, bowing deeply to Minho still sitting making him taken a back with her sudden reaction. The room immediately filled with silence as every eyes now were fixed on them both with high curiousity.

“Lets talk outside” Minho quickly said as he got his sense back, pulling Karen’s numb hand and dragged her outside the restaurant while the girl in a flash trying to extend his left hand to take her purse on the table before Minho managed to dragged her far from the table. 

 


 

CHECK FOR THE 2ND UPDATE FOR TODAY Okay.. :).. next.. :)

Thanks for subscribing @weirdkirbykpoplover,@nawachan,@JaeMiYoung,@akodawsileni,@Hazel_cyxb,@amberluvs,@TofuCharismaShawol, and @funkygirl135. This is replies for your comment, Can't wait to know more of your thought about the story.. :)

@weirdkirbykpoplover: I see, you changed your username ? Anyway thank youuu.. LoL. 13th floor, we don't know why suddenly those number pop up in our mind. haha.. Only few sentences from Karen's mum, but you hater her already ?

@akodawsileni: Thank you.. here is the update, double update for today.. X). Hope you'll also like the update..

@Hazel_cyxb: This is the update.. :)