Cold Summer Night

What Happens In Seongbuk-Dong

CHAPTER 6

COLD SUMMER NIGHT

 

The best kind of relationship is when they're not only your lover, but your best friend too.

 

Five months have passed, Roommate have ended. Everyone is back on their old lives like Jackson and Young-ji. After the pouring rains of the monsoon, sunny days sweep in along with breath-stifling heat. The heat embraces the monsoon’s lingering moisture all season long. It’s summer time. But the summer season is always accompanied by rain everyday though it is hot and humid.

 

Young-ji’s mom was busy fixing the groceries she had bought when her phone rings. A bright smile appear in her face when she saw who’s calling.

 

“Yeoboseyo! Jackson-ah! How are you?” Young-ji’s mom said as she answers her phone.

 

“Eomeonim! I miss you!” he said as he used his charm eventhough they are talking over the phone. “Are you home? Is Young-ji there?” he continue to ask.

 

“Yes, she’s in her room. Why? Are you coming here? I haven’t see you in a while you should come and visit but your Abeonim is not here today.”

 

“Eomeonim, I am on my way there. Young-ji and I will be going somewhere but she doesn’t know that I am coming now to fetch her. Can you please keep this as a secret between us? And we will be coming back late since it is very far” Jackson politely asked.

 

“Of course you’re my only son in law. Be careful on your way here.” Young-ji’s mom reminded him.

 

Jackson and Young-ji barely see each other when Roommate ends. The last filming of Roommate, Jong-ok, Joon, Dongwook, Seho and Gook-ju talk to Jackson and Young-ji. They reminded them that marriage is a lifetime commitment. Roommate will end its show but not the two of them. That even they are busy with their separate work they should find time to call each other and tell each other its whereabouts. They should remain good friends as that is the best foundation of a great marriage. That even their feelings is not yet settled as long as they care for each other they will learn and realized that the decision they made is worth a try. They also told the two that all they need is an eye opener since they are not both aware of their affection for one another.

 

It’s almost ten in the morning when Jackson arrived at Young-ji’s house. Their house is located in the Villa like any other celebrity in Gangnam so paparazzi weren’t able to come inside.

 

A gentle knock on Young-ji’s bedroom door distract her while combing her hair.

 

“What are you doing here?” Young-ji is shocked to see him.

 

“Eomeonim told me to go up here. Change your clothes. We’re going somewhere. And wear something comfortable we will have a very long day and also pack some extra clothes ‘coz we might need to change.” Jackson commanded her as he lie down on Young-ji’s bed.

 

“Where are we going?” Young-ji asked while starting to pack her things.

 

“It’s a secret. You will know later.” Jackson said.

 

“Are we coming with your manager?” Young-ji asked again.

 

“No! We’re riding the bus.” Jackson answered.

 

“We can’t! People will recognized us.” Young-ji said as she stopped what she’s doing.

 

“Just continue to pack and follow me.”

 

Young-ji left with no choice but to pack her things. They are heading out of the door when Jackson puts a blindfold on her eyes.

 

To her surprise, Jackson gently accompany her in a red car. The model is not too expensive but just enough for Jackson’s taste.

 

“Hey! Did you buy this? Do you know how to drive? I thought you’re saving up.” Young-ji didn’t know what to ask. She wants to tease Jackson from buying the car instead of saving up for the house as what he said before. But she was happy for Jackson that finally he was able to buy one of the things he like the most.

 

Jackson get his wallet and showed Young-ji the driver’s license he just got two weeks ago.

 

They are driving almost an hour when Young-ji asked Jackson again where they are going.

 

“Young-ji, do you remember the birthday gift Dong-wook hyung gave me?” Jackson asked.

 

“Yes! Don’t tell me we are going there now?” Young-ji can’t believe that they will be driving four hours going to Gunsan.

 

“Yes! Remember we made a promise to Michael’s owner that we will clean his stable as a payment for lending Michael to us? I only have time now and so you are. Next week will start the second leg of our fanmeeting in Asia. You will be coming back to Japan also. We can’t find another chance and it’s already taking too long” Jackson said as he focused on driving.

 

The hot afternoon has been followed by a strong rain. It’s almost eight in the evening when they finally finished cleaning the stable. They also had a chance to give Michael a bath and tour the donkey around.

 

“It’s already late and the rain doesn’t stop. It won’t be safe for you to go back to Seoul. Why don’t you stay in the hotel near the ranch and go back to Seoul tomorrow?” Michael’s owner told them as he looks so concern.

 

“What do you think Young-ji?” Jackson asked her.

 

“I can’t drive and I can’t force you to drive in the night with this kind of weather. Let’s check the hotel and book for a separate room.” Young-ji told him.

 

The hotel is just 500m away from the ranch. But when they asked the front desk for two rooms, the receptionist told them that there is only one room left. Without any choice they decided to take the room first.

 

Young-ji is preparing to go to bed. She puts the comforter to the floor and add two more pillows. Jackson finally comes out from the bathroom. He look for his bag and get something inside.

 

“Young-ji! Can you go out and get me a water please?” Jackson commanded her as he is busy looking for something in his bag.

 

“Wang Jackson! Next time better do it yourself.” Young-ji go outside to get Jackson’s water.

 

After ten minutes, Young-ji is back. To her surprise the bedroom is very dark when she opened the door and at the bedside table there is a small cupcake with candle and it is being lighted. Jackson came out from the bedroom singing a ‘Happy Birthday’ song. Then Jackson approached her in time when she close the door.

 

“Happy Birthday Heo Young-ji! I am not here on your birthday so I want to prepare this event now on my free time.” Jackson then get something inside his pocket, opened it and slid it to Young-ji’s finger. “I’m earning more now, so I realized I should give you a better looking wedding ring. You can throw the first ring I gave you. I can't say how much I like you and how special you are to me, but I can say my world is full of smiles when I am with you.

 

“It’s pretty. Thank you! I thought today is just an ordinary day. I won’t throw the ring, I will just sell it.” Young-ji then planted a soft kiss on Jackson’s cheeks. She knows that her action can make Jackson startled but she can’t stop expressing how happy she felt right at that moment.

 

It’s almost midnight and the rain continues to pour. Jackson doesn’t seem comfortable lying on the floor. Young-ji on the other hand can’t sleep too and when she take a peek to see if Jackson is sleeping, she saw that he keeps on turning around.

 

“Hey! Do you want to lie down here? We can put the pillow between us?” Young-ji asked.

 

Without a second, Jackson jump on the bed and put his blanket on. Their back are facing each other. But after a while they turn around, then they face each other.

 

“Young-ji, I find you pretty the first time I saw you.” Jackson caress her face with her hands.

 

Young-ji didn’t stop him and moments later Jackson’s lips met her lips. She didn’t object. She just let him and follow the flow. They are too drown with each other’s kisses. When they stop, they are catching their breath already.

 

“Heo Young-ji! Do you think we should do it now? We are married anyway.” Jackson asked her with a silly smile on his face.

 

“No! I can’t get pregnant.” Young-ji protested.

 

Jackson then stand up and get something from his bag.

 

“Don’t worry! I have this.” Jackson then show Young-ji something that make her eyes gone wild.

 

“Hey you Wang Jackson! You plan this all along…” Young-ji didn’t finish what she’s about to say since Jackson already occupied her lips with his kiss.

 

------------

PS.

 

Sorry if there are typos or grammar errors. I didn't have a chance to proof read before posting since I just wrote it tonight and I have to sleep early. Have a lot of things to do tomorrow in my work. Goodnight Everyone and Sweetdreams! Jackji Jjang!