Take It Slow

What Happens In Seongbuk-Dong

CHAPTER 5

TAKE IT SLOW

 

‘You Can’t Rush Something You Want to Last Forever’

 

“Five minutes to go and we are going to start”, the staff of Weekly Idol told the Chamsonyeo girls. It was special episode of Weekly Idol wherein the boys of Big Byung and the girls of Chamsonyeo are the guests. Defconn and HyungDon are also the MC of Weekly Idol who also are the Brave Double Tiger of Hitmaker.

 

“On my count, 3, 2, 1! Cue!” the PD said as the filming starts and Defconn with HyungDon started to introduce Hyuk, Sungjae, and Jackson also known as Hyukdi, Yookduck, and WangKong.  N who’s known as Dolbaggy didn’t make it due to drama filming. Chamsonyeo girls are composed of GNA, Sohyun, and Young-ji. Their stage names are Bagha, Yeot and Kkali. Lizzy, who’s known as Gyepi didn’t attend due to her album promotion.

 

It was also the day when Jackson and Young-ji see each other again. The last time they met was when they filmed for Roommate and they helped at Young-ji’s parents’ coffee shop. That is also the day when Jackson told her not to like someone and Young-ji asked him if he’s jealous. From then, they didn’t even tried to reach out on each other. Nor that they send each other messages of their whereabouts.

 

The two stands comfortably as if they are not related to one another. Jackson even tried to hit on Sohyun during the Random Play dance. But the ‘I don’t know you act of Jackson and Young-ji’ has been halt when Defconn suddenly told Jackson that he’s going to ask him something.

 

“I… Young-ji who is also a Roommate member. I’ve like Young-ji before”. Defconn asked Jackson.

 

“What do you mean like her before, hyung?” Jackson asked in return.

 

“Just, have you thought of her as a girl?” Defconn said

 

“Have you seen her as a girl?” said GNA

 

“Yes or No?” Defconn asked him again.

 

“YES!” Jackson answered like a real man. However he followed it up by saying that the lie detector always answer ‘Lie’ that’s why he said ‘Yes’ thinking that I lie will come out. But to his dismay his answer turned out to be ‘True’ causing them start partying while singing the Congratulation song.  HyungDon even said that it’s time for JYP and DSP needs to come out to speak out and that paparazzi or Dispatch should catch them.

 

Jackson would like to retract his answer by giving another alibi but Hyungdon stopped him by saying they should do a follow up question.

 

“When did you first feel that it is different with that girl? Defconn asked.

 

“Truthfully? Jackson asked.

 

“Yes!” Defconn answered.

 

“Truthfully, when we first met.” Jackson answered like he’s going to faint and everyone was so happy.

 

“No, because don’t you normally see the other party like this when you first met?” Jackson still tries to explain his answer. But Sungjae said he is not like that.

 

“So when you first saw Young-ji, she’s already your girl?” Defconn asked again.

 

“She’s just a girl but instead of that it was just “Oh we are going to live together” causing everyone to celebrate on what he said.

 

Jackson didn’t know what to do next. What have he said may cause a scandal between them so he asked Youngjae to help him. But instead Youngjae told everyone that Jackson is already asking for help. Causing everyone to laugh at it.

 

When it is Young-ji’s turn to be asked, the question is the same. Does he sees Jackson as a man. Young-ji said that she have answered it in an interview before so she said Yes. The lie detector machine confirmed her answer causing everyone to sing the wedding march song.

 

It was a good episode of weekly idol as everyone seems enjoying it. When it ended, Young-ji went outside heading to get inside the van of Kara. Her manager is already waiting.

 

“Where’s Jackson?” Young-ji’s manager asked her.

 

“Still inside. Why?” Young-ji asked.

 

“He’s coming with us. His manager called me and asked if Jackson can ride with us since both of you are heading to Seongbok -dong. He said he needs to drive Bambam and Mark which is on the opposite way. Can you call him?” her manager said.

 

Young-ji was about to call Jackson when the car door opened. Jackson then get inside and sit beside her.

 

“Sorry hyung! I just read my managers message and didn’t know I will ride with you.” Jackson apologized.

 

“It’s ok. You sit comfortably. We’re going now. You two can talk. Don’t worry about me. I’ll just drive here and wear my earphone so I won’t hear your conversation.” Young-ji’s manager teased them.

 

The car is so quiet, seems no one would like to talk. But Jackson can’t stand the silence. He gently grabs Young-ji’s hand and check on the ring she’s wearing.

 

“Where’s my gift for you? Why are you not wearing it?” Jackson is talking about the ring he gave Young-ji during the MBC Gayo Daejun.

 

“It’s in the house.” Young-ji said while looking outside through the window.

 

“It’s for your fingers, not for your house. You should wear it.”

 

Young-ji didn’t answer him and she keeps looking outside like she’s avoiding Jackson.

 

“Hey! What’s wrong with you? Are you mad at me?” Jackson tried to touch Young-ji’s face to get her attention.

 

“No, I’m not!” Young-ji answered trying to avoid Jackson’s touch.

 

“I can tell you’re mad. What are you upset about?”

 

“Do you like her?” Young-ji asked as she looks at Jackson.

 

“Who?” Jackson can’t think of what Young-ji’s talking about.

 

“Sohyun. Everyone thinks you like her. So do you?” Young-ji is seriously asking him.

 

“Is that what bothers you? Why, are you jealous?” Jackson .

 

Young-ji didn’t answer him and look back through the window.

 

“I don’t like her. I’m just making fun earlier.” Jackson gently touched Young-ji’s face so that she can look at him.

 

Young-ji’s face turns red on Jackson’s touch. Her heart starts to beat faster. Then Jackson holds Young-ji’s hand. Young-ji just let him do it.

 

“You know what my mom told me when I went for vacation? That I should save up and earn a lot. I should buy a house for us since our job is not permanent. We should grab the opportunity now. Soon we will grow old, as much as we want to sing and dance, time will pass and so as our chance.” Jackson said as he stares at her.

 

“I know, there’s also a lot of things for us to learn. And if our fans found out about our secret, do you think they will accept it? So you better be careful from now on.” Young-ji said.

 

“When Roommate ends, we don’t have much time to see each other. I will be preparing for our comeback while you will be busy for Japanese promotion. But we should let each other know our whereabouts. And you should call my mom if you have time and I will also call your mom. Don’t get close to other guys especially male idols.”

 

“And so are you. Don’t act too gentleman infront of other girls. They might misinterpret your action."

 

Instead of saying something, Jackson put his arms around Young-ji’s shoulder. This is their first serious conversation since they got married. Young-ji didn’t object to what Jackson did. She let him be, and enjoyed the warmth of Jackson’s body as they lean closer to each other.