Melted heart

Melting

"Seriously...!! She signed the agreement! How can you say that she can't come! Well, it's just minor bruses and scratches, she can cover them with concealers...!! Well, YOU GO TO HELL!" Kibum's angry voiced welcomed Minho into the ste. Well, not actually a set, but a place. The not-so-shabby downtown parts of Seoul was where the photoshoot was taking place.

"What happened?" For the first time, there was genuine concern in his voice. But the latter wasn't in a state to notice it.

"The girl who was to do the photoshoot can't come..." He sighed, rubbing his temples in worry. "And all she had was just some bruises and scratches in a car accident"

"Well, you can always find someone else... right?"

"No... Every other model are booked. She was the only one free, and lo! She got into this freaking accicent..."

"Can't you choose anyone from here? For your concept, people living here might be perfect" Minho said. His eyes darted around, without any visible emotion in his face. He suddenly stopped, and then came back the same way he scanned. A girl. The perfect model, he thought.

"How about her?" He asked pointing at the girl. Kibum looked at the girl for a long minute, and just threw himself over Minho.

"Seriously!! You have the best eyes!! Let's go ask her!!" He squealed and went towards the girl. She was just taking photos with her small camera, searching for the perfect light setting for the object she was taking a picture of.

"I see you have interest in photography" At times like these, Kibum can be considered the best talker. He can talk to literally anyone.

"Uh? Ne... Although I'm not a professional, I still like taking photos.." She said, and their conversation continued.

"So, I'm actually in need of a model for our magazine's photoshoot... So, can you volunteer?" Her eyes widened at the sudden request.

"W-What?!" She choked. "N-no...!"

"Please? We're in a real crisis now... and we will pay you"

"You thought I'd come for money?! Hell no! I actually considered about doing it, but your attitude...!" He sighed and tried to stop her.

"Okay, see, we really need a model now... And we aren't going anywhere, the photoshoot's happening here" He asked, holding her hand. Both of them were silent for some minutes, and finally, she nodded.

"Thank you! Thank you thank you thank you!!!" He thanked her genuinely, and brought her to the spot, taking her to the stylists.

"She's a new girl. Do your touch" He said and left her with the two stylists.

"What's your name..?" One of the stylists asked her ignorantly.

"K-Kwon Jang Mi" She stammered, still unable to believe that she is going to mdel for a photoshoot. They just did some light make-up and concealed her dark-circles.

"And... done! Wow, you really have a natural beauty! We didn't have to do anything at all!" The stylists said in awe as they handed her the dress she had to wear. It was a casual, simple blue skirt with an off-white top.

"Jinjja, I think you'd be better than that model!" Key said as he walked in, admiring her beauty.

"Ready?" He asked, and she nodded. Before she left thought, she got a glance of his friend. He was looking at his phone, his eyes skimming something on the screen. That was all she saw, before she was snapped a picture of.

"Minho! You ready?" Kibum shouted to Minho, seing his lazily seeing his phone's screen.

"Yeah" Minho muttered under his breath and walked towards Kibum

"So, now, you'll be like, secretly following her,and when she sees you, you act awkward. The last part would be of you two getting intimate." Kibum explained to him as easily as he could. Minho nodded for everything,and the two got ready for the photoshoot.

"A little bit of emotion please!" Kibum shouted at Minho. After some more forceful persuasion, the photoshoot finally ended.

"Well, how about you joining our company as a model?" Kibum suggested to Jang Mi.

"Well... can I?" She asked, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Yeah! You probably should! You look so good, that I actually think of dating you!" And then she choked again, coughing many times.

"Maybe I used the word at the wrong time.. Don't worry, I won't date you~ Or, maybe Minho will! What do you think, Minho?" He turned to Minho, but the latter had slept away.

"Ignore him... He's a stone-faced guy. No one can easily befriend him" He said.

'I-I should be leaving now... Thank you so much, Kibum-sshi"

"Kibum would be fine. Anytime, Miss...?"

"Kwon Jang Mi" She smiled.

"Hey, can I take a snap of you like that? You look really beautiful~!" He asked and took a photo.

"I'll be leaving now, Kibum. Take care!" She said and walked away to the noodles shop.

"Hey, where were you? I'm waiting for you for more than half-an-hour!" Jinki said as soon as she entered the shop.

"I... I had some important work, Jinki oppa"

"More important than me~?" She never knew when he'd be all cheesy.

"In your dreams...! You're the last on my important list" She scoffed as she brought out their usual order; Two Naengmyeon with chicken.

"Here~" She said and handed over his order to him.

"So, tell me... What were you doing?"

"What?"

"Why were you late today? I'm sure it's something important"

"It's nothing, Jinki oppa"

"Tell me tell me tell me! You know I don't like secrets~!"

"Well.... Someone requested me to be a model for a photoshoot"

"W-What?! Model? For a photoshoot?!" He asked excitedly. "Where? When? What did you do there?"

"Slowly, oppa... One at a time" She said as she causally took another bite. "Well, it was for some... hi-fi magazine, I guess. The photoshoot was here, nowhere far"

"Here? Wait....There was a magazinge photoshoot going on here! People said it was for some story! I think I saw the girl model... but I never knew it was you!" He exclaimed.

"Really? Yo-You saw me?"

"I think I did... or it might be someone else. Well, can't wait to see how you look!" He added, and they finished their dinner soon.

"Bye!" Jinki said and walked away, but hid behind the same wall, which hid him perferctly while he admired her.

"I wish I could say you, Jang Mi ah..." He whispered more to himself, and walked back to his house.

~-~-~

"Not again!" Minho shouted into his phone.

"You have to! They loved the pictures! They need you two to be the 'model' pair!"

"I said not again, Kim Ki Bum... I am not doing this!"

"Please? For me? Please you have to do this!"

"Aish, won't you get it?! No neans No, NO!!"

"I promise this'll benefit you! And I need you to do this, no one else would be perfect with her"

"She's just a poor girl! I cannot do this! I have too much of work anyways!"

"Maybe... But she is like, made for you!! Can't you just reconsider?" Minho know there was no use in arguing with him.

".... When is it?"

"You agree?! Thank you!!! I'll tell you the dates soon!" He said and hung up. Minho leaned back on his chair, frustration clearly visible on his face.

"This guy...!!"

And so, the modelling journey of Minho and Jang Mi started.

~-~-~

"And fot this year, the best pair award goes to, Minho and Jang Mi!" The host said as the two got up from separate seats.

The two had become the mosty demanded pair for modelling. Idol pairs were pushed out as they came more into the limelight.

"Go on, take the award!" Jang Mi pushed him forward.

"Any little talk?" Minho shook his head immediately.

"Give it up for Minho and Jang Mi!" The whole crowd cheered for them as the two came down the stage.

"Anything might happen, but we are not becoming a real pair, get it?!" Minho whispered to Jang Mi. She just smiled and went back to her own seat.

As the days passed by, the two got more and more closer, but never close at heart. Although she tried her best to brfriend him, he didn't let her a place inside his heart. The coldness he received during his childhood changed him into a cold, heartless person.

~-~-~

"Last shot! Okay, perfect! You two co-operated really well!!" Minho didn't even bother to hear the compliments he received.

He was too depressed for a personal reason. The ambition he had pushed away now came flushing back into his mind. The urge to play his favourite game took over his mind; he couldn;t avoid it. He always had this small hope that he'll be able to do what he wished someday, but that someday never came. Without any hope, he pushed everyone around him away. Even Kibum didn't know how to comfort him.

"Minho-sshi! How about dinner tonight?" Jang Mi asked him, but he shook his head.

"For me?" There was something in her that he coul not avoid her requests.

"Where? He asked.

"Umm... I'll tell you the venue once we decide... Is that okay?" She said.

"We?"

"Me and Jinki oppa? We live together now, you know?" She said. He didn't know why, but he felt a sudden pang at his heart.

"A-Anything... Call me when you've decided" He said and walked to his car on the other side. As his thoughts flied back to those last happy days he had, he didn't notice the car coming straight at him, out of control.

"Minho!" Jang Mi's voicer brought him back out of the trance, and he was too much in shock to even move. All he knew was seeing the car. He was then pushed away, and his head fell on the edge of the side-walk, sending him unconscious immediately. The last thing, the last person he saw was her, smiling at him. The same smile to which he had fell for, but did not admit.

~-~-~

"Ah!" He frowned at the sudden brightness. He tried opening his eyes again, but a sudden pain in his head made him frown again.

"Minho? Yah Choi Minho!" Kibum's worried voice was what he heard first.

"K-Ki-bum...?" He asked, confused of what happened.

"Are you fine?" He didn't ask anything else. It took him sometime to see clearly.

"What happened?' He asked balnkly.

"Y-You don't remember?" He frowned again, trying to remember. All he saw was a blur of a scene, and some screams and sounds.

"I... Jang Mi...–" He couldn't tell anythuing after that. "How's she?" He suddenly asked.

"She..." Kibum couldn't say anything. He looked down, and took a deep breath before continuing. "She's no more"

"What...?!" He asked, completely shocked.

"Let me see him!" An unfamiliar voice shouted from outside the hospital room.

"I've been waiting for two days now let me in!" Jinki entered the room, while the guards tried to prevent him from entering inside.

"Let him in" Minho ordered them casually, and they let him go.

"You remember Jang Mi?" He asked, an ignorant look on his face. "SHe told me to give this to you" He handed over a diary to him.

"Just remember. You were the one who killed her" He said before walking out, his silent tears overflowing from his eyes.

He felt guilty; very guilty for letting her die instead of himself.

He opened the diary. A picture of her before she started with her modelling career, and after she started was at the first page.

"Entry #30

Ah! I can't believe I'm actually a model now! I feel so... professional! Kekeke... Anyways, who knew my modelling partner would be this cold? Yes, I'm talking about Choi Minho, the one who always is paired up with me. Yes, I do have individual photoshoots, but I have many more with him than alone.

Guess where I am right now? In my new apartment! It had three bedrooms, and so I feel very lonely! Like, so much that I can't sleep a night without fearing about ghosts! Must call Jinki oppa and Taemin oppa to come and stay with me... Of course people would think that I'm living with two guys, but we three know we are friends! So who cares about the world!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Entry #49

I don't know what to do anymore... Appa just came back, saying he wants to stay with me, but I fear whether he'll start abusing me again. I don't want that bad memory back again. I said no, but he said he'd harm my friends if I don't let him stay with me. I don't know what to do anymore... I don't want anyone to be hurt, let it even be a simple staff who works with me on the photoshoots, or Minho, who's always distant with me. What should I do? Should I say no, and warn him not to hurt anyone, or let him and get hurt myself? God I'm so confused!! Anyways, lets' talk about the happy things!

I did my usual charity work today, as I promised eomma. I think she will watch over me... sometimes, I wish I had went away with her. I wouoldn't have to face all this dilemmas. I miss her so much... Like, THIS much. more than the whole world. I wish I had her now, so that she'd help me decide what to do...

And I seriously don't know what to do with my confused feelings.. for Minho. Yes, Ithink I've fallen for him. No, I'm sure that I have. I don't know how, since we barely talk with each other, but I feel like a thousand butterflies invade my stomach whenever he smiles at me. And he rarely smiles.

I got to know from Kibum that he wasn't like this before... That he didn't get any kindness from anyone, so hye turned out to be cold, like he is now. I think I know what he wants– Someone to talk with. Someone to tell everything that he feels; someone to talk out his depression. And that is why I like him more, although I want him to talk to me like friends.

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Entry #50

So, I'm at the photoshoot for a cosmetics store. Almost every stylist who works on me says I have a natural beauty, but do I? I don't know...

My dad came to my house and threatened me to let him stay, but I said a firl no. He said he would hurt someone really close to me, but I don't think he will. No matter how harsh he acts, he's still the kind dad I saw when I was little. Maybe he will reconsider and leave me alone. Although I cannot forgive him for what he did, he too needs someoine who he can say he is related to. But I don't want him to be with me. I'm afraid.

Anyways, I'll come write on you again! See you soon!"

And that was the last entry. She never wrote anything beyond that. A tear drop rolled down his face as he closed the notebook.

"What is it?" Kibum asked.

Minho looked at him, a genuine smile on his face "Something precious to me" He said.


Okay, I know it ended crappily, and not like you expected! But that was all I had in mind. I couldn't take it any further.

So, did you like it? Comment if you did!

Till the next story,

CUD's......... Annyeong~!!!