Cold heart, Kind warmth

Melting

A/N : This    —   font is for Minho's. This  —  font is for Jang Mi's

For the parts with both of them, just the normal font is the indicator. And the individual parts are separated by '~-~-~'

Hear AKMU's 'Melted' when you're reading this. Seriously, it was the inspiration for this, so it fits perfectly.

Enjoy reading~


He was 12; She was 10.

"Appa! I want to play soccer like you do!" Minho whined, stomping his feet.

"No, Minho. It's too stressful for you. Just go do your work now. Focus on your studies." His Dad brushed it off calmly. He had been asking that for a long time, but all the time his Dad just brushed it off like now, thinking it wasn't an important matter.

He felt lost; hopeless.

"But appa...!"

Slap!

He felt his cheek sting at the sudden attack, and looked up at his father.

"We are not talking about this again, get it?!" He did not understand why his Father was like this to him. He didn't know his Father was just exerting his anger for the team he's coaching– on him.

He felt like he was at fault there.

~-~-~

"Eomma!" Jang Mi walked to her Mom happily. The said person was on a wheel-chair, smiling weakly.

The small girl didn't know her Mom was going to leave her soon, forever.

"I helped my friend today!" Jang Mi said happily. Her mom smiled and took the girl on her lap.

"Really? What did your friend say?"

"She thanked me, and that she'll do anything for me!" She chirped.

"You know what? It's good to help people.... You'll get a lot of blessings, and will live for a very long time~!"

"Really? I'll live for a thousand years?"

"Yes! And for many more years than that... But never do anything bad to anyone, geurae? And don't hesitate to apologise when you have to, okay? promise?" The kind lady wanted to teach her only child all the good things before she left. The girl smiled widely and linked her pinky finger with her Mom's.

"Promise~!"

After some days, her Mom eventually left the world, teaching all the good things she could to the small girl.


He was 17; She was 15.

"Minho! Won't you listen to me?!" His dad shouted, but the said boy ignored them. Just like how his Dad did when he was a kid.

"You are not playing that game, get it?!"

"But my coach said I play well! I even scored three goals today! I am good at it!" Minho shouted back.

"Whatever, whatever people say, you are not playing this game!" hid Dad said and threw his favourite soccer ball outside. It rolled on the wet mud, getting stained.

Just like how his dreams were getting stained with ignorance.

"Appa!" He shouted and tried to get the ball, but was locked in his own room.

"You...!!" He could hear his Dad shouting at his Mom. "Don't let him out till he gets over that ball!" With that, he heard his Father's angry footsteps fade away.

He didn't understand why his father didn't let him; He didn't understand that his soccer coach's words were all lies. He was locked up in his room for three days or so, until he got exhausted of crying. No one heard him, no one tried to comfort him. His brother was the only one who was allowed to enter his room, but neither did he talk anything to comfort him.

At last, Minho decided. He decided to not hear anyone, he decided not to let anyone enter him,and find out how weak he was.

~-~-~

"......And that equation was so hard!" Jang Mi was walking down to her house with her friend. It was raining. She saw an old lady shivering in the cold, hiding under a small shelter which didn't cover her much from the rain.

"Wait here, I'll be back" She said to her friend and took her raincoat off as she walked to the lady.

"Ajhumma, here. Have this!" She handed the coat to the lady, but just got ignored.

"I don't need any help" She said in a cold tone.

"I don't need this raincoat, you need it more now" She forced the lady to wear it, and walked away, drenching in the rain. She didn't see the small smile on the always cold-faced lady, having a change of heart.

"You know, wqe should have just went... That lady didn't even thank you" Her friend said, but Jang Mi shook her head.

"My eomma said it's good to help people" SHe smiled, rubbing her hands to have some warmth. "And I promised her that I will"

"Seriously..! You will die for someone?"

"If needed, yes. I will" Her friend's shocked expression didn't bother her. All she knew from heart was to help poeple, and not hurt them or let them get hurt.


He was 21; She was 19.

"No one can tell anything to control me now. I don't need anyone to tell me what I should do" Minho said to himself as he took a sip of his hot coffee, looking at the endless rain. The room he was in was dark, without any light. The atmosphere outside his window was dark too, partly because it was raining.

He set up his own business, and is now the Youngest CEO of South Korea. He did everything his Dad wished, but his love for soccer didn't go away.

He pushed everything that reminded him of his broken dream awayball, news about soccer matches, the photots he took with his soccer-playing friends, his friends. Almost everything that gave him happiness in life. He was always cold, or stone-faced, as his colleagues would call him. His face held no expression, his heart was like stone. He didn't let anyone enter it.

He still didn't like to be sitting in an office, signing documents and ordering people here and there; he wanted to be a world-famous soccer player. Or just a renowned soccer player, nevertheless. In fact, he never knew why he accepted to set up a business kin the first place. After he graduated from school, his father just told him about a business. Before he could speak further, he just agreed to set up a business.

"Minho...?" He heard his only best friend, Kibum, enter his room, and kept the cup back on the table.

"Hi, Kibum" He said, not even a small smile appearing on his face.

"Won't you ever smile? No wonder why eveyrone calls you a stone-face" His funny mock is partly agreeagble, he thought. He didn't have any reason to smile.

Kibum was a photographer for a magazine, for which he used Minho as a model sometime. He and Minho were friends since High school; He was the one who helped Kibum with learning the Seoul accent since he moved from Daegu. He was the one who he was still in touch with, partly because Kibum just couldn't be avoided. he popped up whenever he tried to move away from him.

"So, you want me to model for another photoshoot?" Minho asked, and Kibum looked at him, surprised.

"How did you know? Man, you must have telepathic powers or something...!!" He said in awe. "And yes, you need to model for me another time. That stupid Kim Jonghyun had an injury, and didn't come"

"When is it?" He asked, his eyes on the document, lazily skimming it.

"Won't you even ask what concept it is?"

"Okay, what is the concept?" He asked for his sake.

"It's about a rich guy and a poor girl falling in love... It's for a story we're feauturing in our Magazine"

"So I'm the rich guy?"

"Yeah, as if I'd let you cross-dress and make you act like a girl... Hell no! That would be like insulting the outfit!" He didn't find his friend's joke funny. He forced a small smile and went on asking about the dates.

~-~-~

"Uh... One bowl of Milmyeon would be enough" Jang Mi took the order on her note diligently. She was working part-time for a noodles shop just right around the corner fromher house. After her Father left her for another girl, she decided to work to balance her expenses. She had to quit school, and thus, wuit her dream of being a writer, but she didn't feel sad about it. Yes, she did cry at times, but no one had to know that.

"One bowl of Milmyeon coming up~!" She said and placed the paper on the kitchen counter. After that hectic day, she waited for a special someone. Lee Jinki, the guy who always comes to eat his dinner at the shop. He was working at a Music store, and taught children to sing as a part-time job while his brother, Lee Taemin, was a dance instructor. They had their own small art school in their home. She waited for some minutes, and decided to end with her shift.

"Wait!" Jinki's voice boomed from the bustling road. She smiled and put on her apron again.

"One Naengmyeon, right? With chicken?" She asked, which was his usual order every night for dinner.

"No, one Naengmyeon. I brought the chicken myself!" He smiled and showed the bag with the chicken.

"One bowl of Naengmyeon coming up~!" She chimed as she placed the last order for the day. She then went to sit down with Jinki, taking two bowls of Naengmyon for him and her.

Honestly, she didn't know how they became friends. They just saw each other one day, and then more frequently. They practically lived right beside each other. They eventually ended up as friends.

"Jang Mi ah... Why don't you move in with me?" He asked, and she just spat out her food in surprise. "I-I mean... Ah! You won't have to be alone, right?"

"No, Jinki oppa... I'd stay in my home"

"But are you actually happy there" He asked, his eyes filled with concern.

"What do you mean?"

"You think I can't hear your cries, when I live right beside you?" He smirked a bit, and continued. "Listen,. I know that house brings all of those bad memories, but, can't you just come and stay with me? It might help you forget all of tho–"

"No, oppa... No matter however I am stressed, I used to live there with my Mom. That's the only happy memory I've left" She said. "And I don't want to lose it too, along with everything else" She added. He understood, and the rest of the time went by with them talking about everything else. Suddenly, his phone rang,and he picked it up to see Taemin's number.

"Taeminnie is calling... I must be going now. Let's meet tomorrow, Jang Mi ah!" He said and smiled as she took the two bowls to the cleaning counter.

"Bye oppa!" She chimed as she helped the old lady clean the plates. She heard a message alert on her phone, and took to read it.

"You look beautiful helping people... Be beautiful always~

           Love,
               Jinki
"

The message read. She smiled and kept the phone back, going back to washing the plates. What she didn't know was that Jinki was secretly watching her, admiring her natural beauty. He did know he has a crush on her, but he just didn;t know how to tell it to her. He feared if their friendship would get ruined because of his stupid confession. So he stayed silent, admiring her within himself.


First chap up! Wait for the next chapter, cause putting everything in one chapter became a pretty large chapter... -.-

Till the next update!

CUD's........... Annyeong~!!!