Missing You

128√e980

Shahila went into her room and quickly dialled her sister's phone number with a giddy feeling.

   "Hello, Mirae!" she greeted her sister cheerfully.

   "Yo, what's the matter?" her sister greeted her back from the other line.

She squealed before saying, "You know what, finally my dream comes true. I get a Korean classmate!"

The line was silent before her sister finally asked, "Really?"

Shahila smiled, "You must think I'm lying but no. I really have a Korean classmate. He is really cute, with his small eyes. He really looks like BAP's Himchan, that makes me fangirling over him."

Her sister giggled, "Looks like Himchan? Are you serious?"

   "Yeah, they really look alike. Or maybe they are really relatives, who knows?" she rolled on her bed, as she was feeling too happy.

   "Don't tell me you act like a crazy fangirl once you see him?" her sister asked, with a dead serious tone.

Shahila chuckled and answered, "Luckily, I didn't. I don't even know how I manage to control myself. We are really awkward, at first, to be honest."

   "You guys speak in Hangul or what?"

   "In English. He said he used to live in USA, so he is good in that language. But I'm a bit worried if he will soon find that I'm a boring type of person. Because he looks friendly, much opposite to myself," she muttered, feeling anxious.

   "I will buy him a lunch if he succeeds to turn you into a talkative and easy-going girl," her sister joked before Shahila barked, "Are you saying that I'm a hard-going girl?"

   "Just kidding, dear. Anyway, have you bought the ticket for this Raya Puasa? Mama keeps on asking that question everyday," her sister told her, feeling very annoyed.

   "Oh, that," she frowned. "What should I do? All of the tickets sold out. I don't think I can go home this year..." 

   "Are you kidding me? This is Raya Puasa we are talking about here. All of our relatives will gather together and you don't? You hurt my heart, Sha..." she could hear her sister sulking with her.

She smiled, "I will try my best, but don't expect too much," she sighed softly after hanging up the call.

 


 

 

After showering, Jiwon opened his laptop with a joyful feeling. Of course, it was because that day he finally got to meet Shahila face-to-face after eyeing her for so long.

Don't get him wrong, he was not a stalker. 

Jiwon started to like her when he first came to the university to register for his study there. At that time, she was together with her friends, goofing around at the registration office.

She wore a high-heel shoes, walking like a model while her friends cheering for her. Right at that moment, he already attracted to her.

Because of the striking blue hijab covering her head and the loose blouse and jeans, she looked so fine and mesmerizing.

And suddenly, while she proudly showing off her model walk, she tripped down. Her friends were all bursting into laugh at her while she covered her face with her palm, unable to look up.

They all seemed to be very happy and cheerful. She also looked the happiest whenever she was with them.

Jiwon, hiding behind the wall, couldn't help but to laugh too before he was startled by a poke from the officer there, asking if he came to register there. He asked the officer who are they, and the officer smiled before telling him that they are also the new students for Degree, just like him but they already registered few days ago.

And they were all friendly, except Shahila ( Well, she doesn't talk much ) but whenever she was with them, she became as crazy as her friends. 

They were there to finish their incomplete registration when they met with their used-to-be lecturer from their matriculation college there and was attracted to the lecturer's high-heel shoes.

As they were close to each other, she coolly let them to try her high heel shoes.

After hearing it from the officer, Jiwon giggled in awe and nodded understandingly before he followed the officer to register.

Since that day, he could feel his heart beating like crazy whenever he spotted her among the crowds of the students.

She always hanging out with her friends. He never saw her without them.

Until one day, before the semester break of their first semester, he heard they were involved in a very tragic accident. All of her precious friends died, except her.

After that day, he always saw her walking alone by herself. One thing bothered him; he never saw her beautiful smile anymore. Not even once.

 

Jiwon was snapped out of it when he heard a notification sound from his laptop. He formed a ravishing smile as he noticed it was a Skype message from his bestfriend.

He quickly clicked the message and read it.

       Kim Hanbin : Yo Kimbap ! Are you there, hyung?

Jiwon smiled as he typed on the keyboard his reply.

     Kim Bobby : Yeaappppppiee. Why? Miss me already? ;)

He could imagine how Hanbin could be making faces right now. He chuckled and typed again.

     Kim Bobby : Actually I have something to tell you. I feel like I'm on the top of the world today.

While waiting for the younger's reply, he combed his hair and fumbled into his bag to take out his books. He remembered that he had an assignment to be completed.

      Kim Hanbin : What is it? What makes my Kimbap hyung suddenly happy? I thought you don't like being there?

      Kim Bobby : Well, yes. I don't like here because it is far from my family. From my mother. 

      Kim Hanbin : Oh, I see. Anyway what happened? 

Jiwon typed something, but then he deleted it. He typed again, but he deleted it again. He really didn't know how to tell Hanbin properly about her. 

Probably because it took a very long time, and Hanbin wasn't the type of patience man. He immediately made a video call to the elder.

Jiwon answered the call and coyly smiled after Hanbin's annoyed face appeared on the screen.

The younger was crossing his arm with his eyebrows jerking upwards, "What take you so long to answer, hyung?"

Jiwon inhaled deeply and finally replied, "Do you remember about the story I told you few months ago?"

Hanbin furrowed his eyebrows, trying to gather his mind and remember about any of story Jiwon could tell him before, but failed miserably.

   "I know it. You don't remember," Jiwon giggled, as if it was funny. "Is practise hard nowadays?" he asked the younger.

Hanbin smiled reluctantly at him and said, "Well, yes, I have to practise like crazy now because the debut is just around the corner. I honestly think it will be better if you're still here, with me."

Jiwon bitterly smiled back at Hanbin, "Don't say that. You are good enough to be able to debut like you always wish for. I know your debut will be a total success! I will always support you from here, Hanbin..." he showed a thumb-up to the screen of the laptop and Hanbin smiled contentedly seeing it.

   "I'm so sorry, hyung but I really forget about that," he looked down, feeling guilty.

   "It's okay. It's not that important, but it is for me," he felt shy just at the thought of it.

Hanbin grinned as he could finally grasp the situation. "Ahhhh! That story! About the girl you like? Am I right? The girl who always falls?"

Jiwon snickered after hearing Hanbin's excited realization. "How can you remember her as a girl who always falls?"

The younger let out a soft chuckle, "What happen with her? Does she already smile today?"

Jiwon shook his head, "Yes, but it is not the same beautiful smile as I saw last time. But don't worry, I will make her smile sincerely and beautifully one day. And I will make her day fills with happiness everyday, everytime. No more sadness and gloomy, like before..."

   "You look so determined, hyung," Hanbin cooed him. "But how will you do it?"

Jiwon's lips curved upwards, "I get to be in the same class with her. I will see her more often after this."

Jiwon realized what he said to the younger sounded so creepy, therefore he pointed his eyes at Hanbin to ask, "Do I look like a psycho now?"

Hanbin wrinkled his forehead, "Quite."

 


 

The next day, Shahila went to the bus station after all of her classes for that day ended. She went to each counter and asked for tickets but they were all sold out. She sighed heavily, wondering about how she could go home?

Or should she just spend Hari Raya Puasa in the university by herself?

With sad frown on her face, she walked around the bus station weakly. And when she was getting stressed, she knew she had to eat. Eat like there's no tomorrow.

She directed her eyes at one of the cafes there and felt her stomach growling. My little monster inside my stomach is angry, I should get its food now.

She stepped into the cafe and went to sit at a corner of the restaurant. She eyed the cafe with her sparkling eyes. It was a very nice decorated cafe with simple design. She liked it. She liked everything simple.

As she was immersed with the simplicity of the cafe, she was snapped out of it when she sensed a male's presence beside her.

   "What would you like to order?" a kinda familiar voice greeted her from her side.

She looked up and gasped as she recognized that tall male in the waiter's outfit.

And so did the waiter standing beside her.

   "J- Jiwon?" she asked as she was unsure if he was the same person as she knew.

Jiwon flashed a still awkward smile to her and said, "Yes, I'm Jiwon. Shahila, right?"   Was this a coincidence or a destiny?

She looked around and realized that every waiter there wore the same outfit as him. "You..  You are working here?"

Jiwon nodded and gave her the menu, "What would you like to order, Shahila?"

She took the menu and tried to think what to eat but she could only released a soft sigh. She looked at him again and finally said, "Orange juice and Nasi Lemak."

After he left, she quickly reached for her mobile phone in her bag and opened the front camera, in order to see how did she look now. She cursed herself after seeing how miserable she looks. She quickly adjusted her hijab.

   "So embarassing to meet him like this," she grumbled by herself before glancing at him who was giving her order to the chef at the kitchen.

She didn't know how but she ended up staring at him. How cheerful he was with his other co-workers, and how attractive his smile was, and how hardworking he worked.

   "Why does he work when he is still a student?" she thought to herself.

   "And how can he adapt well to the others when he doesn't speak in the same languages as them? I think all of the workers here are Malay," she thought again. "Wait! Did he just speak in Malay just now when he asked for my order?"

She sniggered. "He can already speak in Malay fluently?"

   "When will I get to smile like that again?" she looked at her phone's wallpaper and touched it.

   "Girls, I miss you guys so much," she smiled before adjusting her hijab again.