It is nice meeting you

128√e980

Shahila smiled as she watched the new music video from the popular K-pop group, EXO. She really loved that group, especially one of its members, Kris. Her friends all know about her obsession towards K-pop.

When her friends were immersed in chatting among themselves, only she was getting absorbed in listening to EXO songs through her earphone.

She immediately kept her phone into the pocket of her baju kurung before entering the computer lab for the lecture of Fundamental of Information Security with her friends.

All of them quickly took chairs for each of them because there were too less chairs in the lab.

   "We are sorry, Sha but looks like you have to go to the other lab to take new chair," one of her friends, Zarina said to her.

She sighed alone and went out of the lab with a pout. She sneaked around to see if there were any lecturers or students in each of the lab nearby but sadly, it was packed in each lab there.

   "And the great thing is, I am a very shy girl. Poor you, cute little thing for being this introvert!" she silently cursed herself before going to the other lab.

She really hated that kind of situation when she had to interrupt a lecture just because she had to borrow the chair. The real thing was, she hated it when all the attention was directed towards her.

She didn't like it when everyone was looking at her, eyeing her in every movement.

Finally, she arrived at a lab in the end of that level. She smiled satisfiedly as she found out that there was no one in the lab. She pressed the assigned code at the small screen beside the door before the door automatically opened.

She grinned and entered the lab with a happy feeling. She carried the chair without any difficulties towards her lab.

She was humming to 'Peterpan' song by EXO to ease off herself without releasing a pair of small eyes eyeing her from the door of the lecturers' room there.

As soon as she arrived, she once again sighed as she saw that everyone already had their own deskmate. It was normal for her, anyway. Always being neglected.

But she didn't mind at all because she prefer to be alone, by herself.

If she was stacked with other person, she didn't know how to start a conversation and she also didn't like to talk much. It would be a burden to her if someone had to be sitting beside her.

She took a place not far from her friends and continued listening to the songs while flipping open through the pages of the lecture notes. 

It was not long before the lecturer came with an unfamiliar student who looked like a foreigner. Or he really was?

Suffering short-sightedness, she just couldn't see clearly the face of the new student, so she just ignored it and focused to her notes.

   "Here, I would like to introduce you to a new student for the subject Fundamental of Information Security. Please introduce yourself," she said to the new student in English.

The newbie smiled slightly and looked at his new friends, "Hi, my name is Kim Jiwon and I'm from Korea."

As expected, Shahila looked up immediately after hearing the word 'Korea'. She quickly reached for her spectacles and wore it before she rolled her eyes in shock.

   "You can sit beside the girl of blue hijab with spectacles there," the lecturer said to him before he walked towards Shahila.

She felt like her heart was going to burst as soon as Jiwon stood right in front of her. He bowed at her and took a seat beside her. Meanwhile, all of her friends began to fuss over how the new student would get frustrated for sitting beside her. 

Because of her personality.

   "Hello," he greeted her formally.

   "Oh, hello," she greeted him back awkwardly. "I'm Shahila."

   Shahila? What a beautiful name...

   "Nice to meet you. I hope we will be good friends," he smiled until his eyes 'disappeared'.

( This is how he looks and the outfit he wore that day. :D )

She also smiled back at him after noticing how cute he was with that kind of attractive eye-smile. He looked so adorable.

 

Later that day, after the lecture ended, everyone went to him to get to know him more. Shahila could only watch how they surrounded him like there was no tomorrow.

She felt suffocated to death as they crowded together around her too. Some also went far by pushing her away from the place.

She sighed and got up from her seat, wanting to leave that suffocating hell as fast as possible. Even when she left that table, she realized that her friends didn't even spare a glance at her.

She felt a sting in her heart but she brushed it off quickly as she opened the door.  It's not like they cared about me before. I like to be alone, so just let them be. Right?

Jiwon noticed that she already left the lab and heaved a sigh. He looked at them and said, "I'm sorry but I have other class now. Bye~"

He immediately left the lab and tried to find her everywhere but failed miserably. He sighed again.

 

As he walked around the library, he glanced at his watch and smiled.

   "At this time, she should be here," he said to himself with a small smile but his smile widened after spotting Shahila walking alone to the library.

He approached her and called her name, "Shahila!"

She turned around and smiled, "Jiwon?"

He also smiled and said, "Are you going into the library?" she nodded.

   "Let's go together," he cheerfully asked her.

She awkwardly nodded and walked together with him into the elevator.

 

   "How old are you, Kim Jiwon?" she suddenly asked as soon as they took a table in the library.

   "I'm a 95-liner," he answered her before she squealed in response but she quickly gained her consciousness back as she realized, they were indeed in a library.

   "Oh, we are the same age," she smiled.

   "What are you studying, Jiwon?" she asked as he took out a book from his bag.

He looked at her briefly before replying, "Algebra. How about you?"

   "Algebra? Same here. Are you good in that subject?" she asked.

He giggled softly, "I'm not that good but still okay. Why?"

She shyly looked at him and asked, "Can you help me in Algebra? I'm really in that subject..."

He nodded, "I'll help you as much as I can. As a reward, I hope you can teach me Fundamental in Information Security too..."

She frowned. "So you're not going to help me sincerely, huh? Have to get the reward too?"

   "WIN-WIN situation," he smirked.

   "Okay, but I can't guarantee you if I will become a great help," she rolled her tongue at him.

Jiwon flashed a small smile and focused on his study. So did Shahila.

 

They walked together to the bus stop before Jiwon asked, "I have a car. Do you want me to send you?"

Shahila shook her head politely, "No, it's okay. I can take the bus."

Jiwon nodded understandingly and looked at the surrounding of the bus stop where there were so many students waiting there.

As soon as the bus arrived, they swarmed the bus like bees. Everyone wanted to get into the bus that they pushed each other just to get into the bus. 

Shahila sighed at the terrible sight and just like that, the bus was full. It left the remaining students coldly. Jiwon formed a cheeky smile before elbowing her, "Do you want me to send you?"

She shook her head again, "It's okay. There's another bus after this."

   "But it gonna take for about 15 minutes before a new bus arrive. Are you sure?"

Shahila looked at him and smiled. "Okay, fine."

Jiwon was mentally jumping up and down after hearing her saying yes. He took her to his own car and drove her to her college.

As soon as they arrived, she smiled at him, "Thank you, Jiwon.."

He shook his head and said, "You can just call me Bobby."

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Bobby? Why Bobby?"

   "My English name. I used to live in USA before coming here," he explained to her.

She nodded and said, "No wonder you are good in English~"

She took her bag and bowed at him, "Anyway, thank you for this ride. See you later. It is nice meeting you." she went out of his car.

He couldn't help but to laugh after seeing her tripping down on her way to her dorm. Why was her body so unstable?

After she was gone from his eyesight, he smiled. "It is superbly nice meeting you too, Shahila..."

 


 

Author's Note:

 

For the introduction. I hope you guys like it. Oh yeah, Jiwon is not a student who just transfer to the university but he is a new student in that subject. He is from other faculty, but he took the same subject with Shahila. Do you get what I meant? :)