Why I Went To A Stranger's House

The Sky Is Everywhere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin sighed as she looked at her clock.

 

It read 2:52 A.M.

 

Since she started listening to Kwon Jiyong’s tapes, she started having weird dreams. Different locations but with the same person. She and an unknown man. Could it be that the man is Kwon Jiyong? But it couldn’t be. In her whole existence, she never met a man named Kwon Jiyong.

 

She closed her eyes, trying to get back to sleep but she just can’t. Maybe she needs to listen to one of his tapes again. Yes, that would be perfect.

 

 

“February 26, 2006…” Chaerin unknowingly smiled. “Oh, my birthday.”

 

“Happy birthday. Did I make you happy with my gift? It’s not that expensive but when I saw that bear, all I can think about is you.” He chuckled softly, that y chuckle. “But who am I kidding? Everything I see, I remember you.  My queen. My bad- yet cute girlfriend. Chae-ah…” He paused for a moment. “! Why do I have to live in a miserable life?!”

 

 Chaerin was shocked with the sudden change of mood in his voice. His voice changed from a teenage boy who’s in love to a monster real quick.

 

“I’m so sorry. I’m a coward that I couldn’t protect you from those people but I promise to be better just for you. It’s been 247 days since they took you away from me. If only I was able to do my duty to you none of this will happen. I know you’re probably worried about me too but don’t worry about me. You always look after me when you cannot even look after yourself.”

 

Sobs. Chaerin can hear his sobs and his painful pleas.

 

“I love you so much. More than you can ever imagine. If you could only see yourself how I see you, you would understand how fragile you are. How devastatingly beautiful you are. I love you so much…”

 

The record ended like that, Chaerin felt something wet and realized that she was crying before she even knew it. “What’s happening with me?” She asked herself loudly and laughed at herself.

 

Walking towards the player, she played that particular tape again.

 

 

“February 26, 2006… Happy birthday. Did I make you happy with my gift? It’s not that expensive but when I saw that bear, all I can think about is… How devastatingly beautiful you are. I love you so much.”

 

The record ended and she played it again, as she cried herself back to sleep.

 

She woke up with a headache, feeling sore from the crying she did. It’s almost noon when she woke up and she doesn’t feel like going out today. She walked towards the bathroom and saw herself in the mirror.

 

“Can’t believe that a single record made me look so stupid.” She laughed. “Kwon Jiyong you are making me crazy. About your story and about your whole self.”

 

Her ‘me’ time was never really about her but just about Jiyong. She tried so hard remembering every record she listened and his rant about those days are enough for Chaerin. The book she borrowed from Seungri doesn’t really helped her at all. It’s really hard to find something when you don’t know what you are looking for.

 

Her phone beeped and when she looked at the caller, it was Dara.

 

“Hello unnie?” She answered her phone.

 

“Chaerin-ah! Are you free today? Let’s have some girly time.” Dara said.

 

“Let me guess, Youngbae is not free today, right?” She teased the older.

 

“Don’t mention that name.” Dara pouted. “He promised that we will have a date today but he texted me this morning that it’s cancelled.”

 

“Maybe it’s just really urgent. Stop acting like a kid, unnie.” She scolded Dara.

 

“Whatever, Chae-roo. See you later I’ll just text you the location.” And Chaerin ended the call after saying goodbye to Dara.

 

Chaerin’s all dressed up and ready to go. Dara’s not texting her yet but she decided to go to the mall first in case that’s the location where they will meet. Chaerin started scanning the racks of clothes looking for some good combination of clothes. She has a keen eye for fashion and it’s undeniable.

 

She was about to get the hanging navy blue jacket and j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter