Cross my Heart, Hope to Die

Mom, Our Family is Crazy!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first to respond - and respond meaning flying to Aiden's residence in London as soon as possible - is his mother. 

"How did you know it wasn't me who sent the message?" Aiden inquires but his subconscious isn't surprised in the slightest. It's his mom after all and mother always knows best. He's just this sighing lump of 'what now' on the middle of the cold grey sofa.

"The message was too constructed as if the typer is desperately trying to copy how you'd write." Xinran pats and soothes her son's back. "If you wrote the emergency letter, it would have had some sort of analytical or logical explanation which would try to self-justify the said topic why you were sending the message at the first place."

Xinran turns to give her squinted eyes and stern attention to her twins. Her husband and she always know the twins will be up to no good soon just like what their brother did years ago; but not this soon. "Lucienne, Lilianna, I'm appreciative of your concern for your brother and I'm sure he feels the same way. And I know your brother here did more chaotic things back when he's a wee kid. However, that doesn't mean you two can meddle on other people's businesses - let alone adult businesses. I'm afraid I have to punish you two later. Look what you've done to Aiden, his internal mess is becoming external."

"But mom, Aiden-ge's not going to ask for help if we didn't meddle-!" Lucy's mouth is muffled with her twin's hands. 

"We're sorry, mom, we really are. Please don't punish us!" Lily keeps nudging her twin to stop nagging and answering back otherwise both of them will be receiving punishments. It can be anything, ranging from no technology for a week or even no more visits to the family corporations. "We're going to our room now and rethink about our lives. We won't do it again," she pulls her sister out of the couch, slinging an arm around Lucy's neck so she can cover her twin's mouth while guiding themselves back to their room.

Xinran scratches her nape. "Your dad called me about this. Who else got the message?"

"My entire emergency list." Aiden heavily exhales before burying his face onto his palms.

Emergency list means Eleanor's included, Xinran discreetly whimpered at the mere thought and tiny chance Eleanor might to something nasty to Aiden's love life. We all have witnessed half of what Aiden's great grandma can do to those who defy her. But it's been years now and Eleanor has obviously mellowed down to her extensive family. Everyone is thanking all available gods for such miracle. Aiden and Eleanor also keep seeing each other every month with matters nobody really knows what they are about.

"You're fully human, Aiden. You're free to love."

"That's the problem. She isn't." Aiden released his face and his back drops to the plush back support.

"Free to love?"

"No. The fully human part."

Xinran frowns, now where the hell is this going because I'm worried and I want my baby to have a beautiful normal love life, "What do you mean?"

Aiden faces her with a deeper scowl and frustration on his face. "She's a human experiment of Cross Corporation, Mom. She's one of the prototype cyborgs of those people."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter