Age 2: Of Cookies and Cookiemonster

Of Bubbles and Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“kookiemommyster.” taehyung cooed, chasing the light brown dog around the jeon’s back yard. jeongguk and taehyung were having yet another play date and the jeongguk’s parents thought it would be nice for the kids to play with the family dog. they had been outside for about an hour, chasing the dog around and playing fetch. jeongguk had long since tired out, falling ungracefully onto the grass with a huff, deciding to watch the ants instead.

 

taehyung being the ever energetic child continued to follow after cookiemonster, trying desperately to grab the dog’s fluffy tail, but cookiemonster was having none of it. “kookiemommyyy!” taehyung cried out with a whine just before he tripped on his foot and fell onto the ground with an “oomph.” cookiemonster slowly made his way back over to taehyung, nudging the side of his face with his nose making taehyung giggle. the brunet toddler slowly inched his way back up onto his bottom, smoothing his chubby little hands over cookiemonster’s ears, squealing when the dog his cheek. jeongguk, who had gotten bored of watching the ants, made his way over to the two, plopping his weight onto cookiemonsters back and nuzzling his fur with his cheek.

 

“gukkie bored.” jeongguk puffed his cheeks out and poked at taehyung’s shoulder. taehyung hummed, tapping his finger on his cheek and beamed when he came up with an idea. jeongguk watched in fascination as taehyung sped over to the garden shed, disappearing inside before slowly inching back out with jeongguk’s red wagon in tow. jeongguk tilted his head to the side, confused as to why taehyung would take his wagon out.

 

taehyung then raced inside the house, returning moments later hand in hand with a flustered mrs. jeon. taehyung grabbed cookiemonster’s leash and pointed at the wagon and then at cookiemonster. “ride!”

 

mrs. jeon looked bewildered for a few more moments before she finally understood what taehyung meant. “ohh, do you want cookiemonster to pull you around on the wagon?” taehyung nodded enthusiastically and jeongguk’s mom chuckled, ruffling taehyung’s hair and walking over to put a harness on cookiemonster before attaching the leash and tying it to jeongguk’s wagon. “remember to not go too fast cookiemonster.” mrs. jeon pet cookiemonster’s head softly. cookiemonster wagged his tail excitedly, giving her a firm yelp. mrs. jeon smiled and carefully lifted the two boys into the wagon. “hold on tight, okay?” after receiving brief nods of understanding, jeongguk’s mom stood up and watched as cookiemonster began trotting around the yard at a slow pace.

 

“faster! faster!” taehyung yelled giddily, bouncing in his spot. jeongguk, on the other hand, looked petrified and grabbed onto the sides of the wagon with wide eyes. mrs. jeon laughed and led cookiemonster out to the front of the house so the kids could ride along the sidewalk.

 

jeongguk only got increasingly scared as cookiemonster sped up and was now pressed tightly against taehyung’s side, short, stubby arms wrapped around the brunet boy’s middle. taehyung was very much the opposite, opting to throw his hands in the air with loud cheers of joy.

 

“kids, say hi to grandpa yoo.” mrs. jeon spoke as she bowed to their neighbour who greeted the two toddlers with enthusiasm. taehyung grinned and waved to the old man while jeongguk continued to press his face into taehyung’s shoulder. mrs. jeon gave grandpa yoo an apologetic smile. “jeonggukie’s a little bit scared of rides.” the old man waved her off with a whole hearted smile before proceeding to tend to his garden.

 

cookiemonster continued to drag the kids down a couple more blocks before he flopped down onto the ground at the park, rolling around in the cool grass.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter