Age: 2 Of Red Wagons and Dandelions

Of Bubbles and Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“mom-my!” taehyung cooed as he waved his bunny plushie in the air wildly, staring at his mother with a wide grin. mrs. kim had decided to take taehyung out for a walk during the afternoon since the boy seemed to be lacking exercise lately. he had been cooped up in the house for the past few days watching television shows with jeongguk. the two had grown a newfound liking towards disney movies (taehyung had a particular fondness towards the disney princesses and princes and claimed he too would grow up to become like the royal characters). taehyung had also taken an interest in watching his mother cook or do household chores. sometimes, he'd help with washing and preparing the vegetables. ripping the ends off of bean sprouts was his favorite job. he would also help his mother tend to the garden. he liked pulling weeds out the most. mrs. kim always got a good laugh out of her baby falling on his bottom after having had a battle with a weed that was too strong for him. taehyung would pout, pointing at the weed accusingly while grumbling nonsense.


 

other times, he'd be in his room playing games with jeongguk. he'd order the other around on “missions,” giving the other a kiss on the cheek after he had accomplished each of them. taehyung loved to dress up in princess attire, flouncing around the room with one of his mother's dresses from when she was a child and a much-too-big tiara sliding off his head. mrs. kim just hoped he wouldn’t be getting into her makeup anytime soon.

 

jeongguk would always dress up according to taehyung’s command. some days he’d be clad in a large black garbage bag with a hole cut on the top for his head and his dad's humongous rainboots while other days he’d join taehyung as a princess and have tea parties with their plushies. but, most often, they’d be fit into cardboard armor with styrofoam swords, running around the house and vanquishing the evil dragon whose name happened to be mr. kim (he most certainly wasn’t taehyung’s dad. what kind of blasphemy are you thinking?).

 

the kids would constantly trip over their own feet, falling face first onto the soft carpeting of taehyung's room. their parents found it astonishing how they never once cried even from such a painful fall, instead, taehyung and jeongguk would giggle loudly before toppling over again because they were laughing so hard. their parents often walked in on them trying to pull one another up only to collapse in a heap again because they couldn't support each other's weight yet.


 

“it's very sunny out today, isn't it, taehyungie?” mrs. kim smiled as she gazed up at the bright sun, using a hand to shade her eyes from the harsh rays. there were little to no clouds out today, leaving nothing but the bright blue sky that taehyung seemed to be deeply infatuated with. one hand clung onto his mother's hand while the other was holding his bunny with his head tilted up to the sky as his mouth hung wide open. it was so agape his mother worried that bugs might fly in. he let out little sounds of astonishment every once in while leaving mrs. kim to chuckle to herself. he was so intent on keeping his attention to the sky he would’ve almost stumbled onto the pavement several times if it weren’t for his mom holding him steady.


 

mrs. kim laughed at his awestruck expression when a dragonfly flew by across his face, making him crinkle his nose and let out a squeal. she always seemed to find her son amazed at the simplest of things. taehyung looked at her with a grin. “pretty! pretty” he pointed up at the sky before clapping with much enthusiasm, skipping slightly.


 

“it's very pretty, eh?” mrs. kim chuckled pinching her son's chubby cheek. her son's cheeks were absolutely irresistible. they were chubby and soft like that of a hamster's. the two year old seemed to be very resentful towards those who squished his cheeks though, well, all but his precious jeonggukie that is. the toddler never seemed to mind whatever jeongguk did to him and instead craved his attention whenever the other was near. jeongguk was his favorite person after all. you could almost say taehyung had a closer bond with jeongguk than with his parents.

 

mrs. kim was still deep in her thoughts when taehyung let out an excited cheer. “gukkieee!”


 

mrs. kim looked at her son in mild surprise until she was met with the sight of jeongguk on his little four wheeled bike riding alongside his dad with a small red (jeongguk's favorite color) wagon in tow. he had a large smile on his face which taehyung's mother had no doubt taehyung was the cause of. mr. jeon flashed her a friendly smile with a wave, to which she returned with an equally friendly smile. taehyung waddled up to jeongguk, babbling nonsense that the latter strangely seemed to understand.

 

taehyung grinned at the other. “gukkie.” he latched onto jeongguk, swinging the other from side to side with fervor as an act of affection. jeongguk gurgled from being shaken in such a harsh manner, cheeks jiggling cutely.

 

mr. jeon chuckled, giving taehyung a light squeeze on the nose once he had finished with “greeting” jeongguk. “hey little tae.” taehyung giggled in response, hopping around jeongguk giddily, swinging his stuffed bunny around while shouting a mix of random, unidentifiable words. jeongguk watched him move around with a dazed expression, eventually bouncing excitedly in his seat as if to join the brunette in his little cheer fest. the two began half singing half shouting out the lyrics to the “pororo” theme song, stopping at random intervals to giggle mindlessly at each other. mrs. kim smiled at the two in adoration before excusing herself to answer a phone call from her husband.


 

taehyung stared as his mom talk on the phone, on his thumb, eyes wide in curiosity. jeongguk was next to him picking dandelions, sticking some in taehyung's hair once in awhile. “pretty!” jeongguk jumped with a giggle. he continued to run around the grass looking for more flowers, collecting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter