love at first bite

Drabble Requests

love at first bite (310 w) | jongin/chicken but also sukai |puppy jongin au | for tracy (@kaihanes)


 

Jongin's nose twitches when his owner sets a greasy cardboard bucket of fried chicken scraps before him.

 

"This is all we've got, buddy," Joonmyun apologizes, scratching Jongin's ears. "There's a couple of wings and a drumstick, but you can have them all! How about it?"

 

Jongin stubbornly turns his head away, refusing the offering out of spite. He had spent the past hour nipping at Joonmyun's toes and barking for attention, but Joonmyun had only scooped him into his arms and rubbed his belly.

 

It wasn't hunger so much as curiosity that made Jongin bark so insistently at Joonmyun's ankles, begging for a bite of that new and delicious smelling food he had never tried before. By the time Joonmyun realized that it was food and not simply Joonmyun's love that Jongin wanted, it was too late. The chicken had gone cold, and the choice pieces were picked clean.

 

"It's still good," Joonmyun insists through a mouthful of chicken. He tears another chunk off with his teeth and offers the drumstick to the puppy cradled in his elbow. "Sure you don't want some? Drumsticks are the best part."

 

Jongin keeps his impish silence, watching as his owner devours the rest of the drumstick. His stomach grumbles when Joonmyun pulls out one of the last chicken wings, meaning to polish the rest of it off, as well. Finally, he yips for Joonmyun's attention, snapping his tiny jaws in the direction of the chicken wing.

 

"Thought so," Joonmyun chuckles. He feeds the wing to his puppy, who gnaws it down to the bone and then stares at Joonmyun with an expression of pure bliss.

 

"You okay?" Joonmyun asks when Jongin makes no move or sound, completely frozen in savoring the taste of the chicken. Jongin barks happily, and Joonmyun feeds him the last piece, reaching for his phone to order another bucket.