The First Piece

Kill Me, Heal Me - The Pact

"I warned you, didn't I?"

Do Hyun whirled around to face himself. Except that this self wasn't a reflection of him.

The dangerous eyes and low, threatening tone of the voice told him that much.

Shin Se Gi.

"Clever."

No way...she's healed me....you no longer exist!

Se Gi's eyes narrowed at Do Hyun's thoughts.

"I warned you, Cha Do Hyun. The moment Oh Ri Jin is in danger, I will return and take over."

"No way. Leave me alone. I am strong enough to handle this!" Do Hyun replied defiantly.

Se Gi laughed at Do Hyun's resistance.

"Such bravado. A pity that I know you better than you know yourself, Cha Do Hyun. You are weak and absolutely hopeless even as we speak right now, you piece of ."

The moment Se Gi mentioned it, Do Hyun knew that his alter ego had spoken the truth.

In an instance, he felt the hopelessness shackle him. His bravado waned. His denial died on his lips.

Se Gi smirked.

"Yes, that is right. Just lie low and wade in your weakness, you useless little . Oh Ri Jin needs me. Not a weakling like you."

Do Hyun looked away, not wanting to see the disgust in Se Gi's eyes even as his alter ego disappear from sight. He wanted to yell that it has all been a lie, but he knew that Se Gi was right.

I am weak...

The thought of losing Ri Jin scared him. And that scared feeling continued feeding his hopelessness.

Finally caving in, Do Hyun felt the familiar numbness overcoming his self.

Weak.

Slowly, Do Hyun felt his self fade into the darkness as he went into the safe state of oblivion.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

His eyes snapped open to the glare of a fluroscent light bulb ahead, but he didn't flinch from the brightness. Instead, he raised his hands to inspect the needles and tubes poking him. He need not hear the beeps of the machines nor take a whiff of the antiseptic smell to know that he is lying in bed in a hospital.

Pulling out the needles from his hands set off one of the machines to beep continuously. Immediately, the drawn curtains pulled open as ED Ahn rushed to his side.

"Are you awake, Advisor Cha?! Thank goodness you're safe!"

His face scowled at ED Ahn's comment.

"Don't mention that ty weakling's name in my presence."

There was a moment of silence as ED Ahn gave a confused, blank stare. 

"What do you mean..."

ED Ahn trailed off as his eyes widened in recognition.

"SHIN SE GI??!"

Se Gi's scowl deepened to an annoyed glare at the slack-jawed reaction of ED Ahn.

" Close your mouth and get me out of here now" he replied tersely. Just as he was standing up, ED Ahn stopped him and pushed him back into bed.

"No, Se Gi. I will not let you escape with Do Hyun's body."

Se Gi retaliated and pushed ED Ahn back against the wall. He held the surprised ED Ahn in place by grabbing him by the neck.

"With every minute that you spend trying to stop me is another minute wasted on my chance to save Ri Jin from danger," he hissed. "Now either you make yourself useful and arrange for me to be discharged this very minute, or I'll break your neck if you attempt to stop me again."

The look of terror in ED Ahn's eyes told Se Gi that the other will choose to make himself useful.

"Good," he muttered as he pushed the terrified guy aside.

Se Gi strode out and was about to exit the room when he back-tracked and stood in front of the mirror at the entrance of the room. 

He gave himself a once over, a look of disgust on his face at the drab and crumpled hospital attire he was wearing.

"Just because I'm a patient dooesn't mean I should be dressed like a beggar. They could have at least given a VIP patient some leather jacket to keep him warm. Stupid hospital bastards." he muttered angrily. 

ED Ahn heard the comment and had he not been feeling terrified of the violent Shin Se Gi, he would have retorted at the incredulous remark. But the personality had paused and is now staring straight at him.

"You. Give me your comb."

ED Ahn blinked in confusion at the random order, but an impatient 'tsk' from Shin Se Gi got the guy to scramble to his feet and warily handover his comb from the back pocket.

Se Gi went over to the sink to wet the comb before returning to the front of the full-length mirror. A couple of deft later, he gave himself another once over. This time around, with his fringe nicely up, Se Gi nodded at his reflection approvingly.

"At least it's no longer that floppy head's weak style." he consoled himself before throwing the comb back to ED Ahn.

And now, time to save Oh Ri Jin, Se Gi thought grimly to himself as he strode out the room.

...after I find myself a leather jacket.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx