The Start after The End

Kill Me, Heal Me - The Pact

It's been a year since Cha Do Hyun had quietly left Seungjin group under the pretext of getting treatment for his Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)...

...a year since he took on the character of Perry Park, the part-timer, and stayed with his beloved Oh Ri Jin and her family at Ssang Ri...

...a year since his 6 other personalities had amalgamated into 1....

...a year since he was 'healed'.

Since then, Do Hyun's life had been peaceful. Having Ri Jin safe and sound by his side certainly helped, even though they had to avoid her parent's suspicions.

But Do Hyun is now in absolute control of his life and his actions. He no longer has to worry about cleaning up after the mess made by his other personalities.

I now have a quiet life, and that is all that matters.

Smiling at the thought of Ri Jin's beautiful smile when he slid the ring onto her finger yesterday, Do Hyun sat down with his kimbap and laptop on the garden bench in the front lawn.

Hyung will definitely kill me if he sees me eating here alone.

Ri Jin's dad don't usually approve of Perry taking a break by himself as it would have been a missed opportunity to share a drink or two. But today, Perry's hyung is busy helping his wife in the kitchen and Do Hyun certainly do not want to disrupt the lovey-dovey moments of the couple.

Plus, I need to get Secreta....Executive Director Ahn to send me the documents as well...

Taking a bite off his kimbap, Do Hyun fished out his mobile from his pocket and speed dialed his most trusted employee.

"Executive Director Ahn, can you please send me the documents for the merger of Mimi Pharmaceuticals?"

"Ahh yes, I will send it over to you as soon as I get to my office, Advisor Cha."

Do Hyun smiled to himself. Even though the man had risen in position from being a young heir's Secretary to an Executive Director of the conglomerate, his courteous manners towards his young master still remained the same.

"Didn't I tell you to drop the title, ED Ahn?"

"I can't possibly do so, Advisor Cha. I may be an ED, but I am still working under your guidance. Anyway, you will be coming back to Seungjin group someday, won't you? Giving you this much respect should at least keep my feet on the ground."

Do Hyun smiled again, and this time, he let the comment pass. Placing his secretary as the Executive Director of the company was a measure to ensure that his uncle and cousin wouldn't try to sneak up another attack on the Chairwoman. Although Do Hyun doesn't have much regard for the old woman, she is still his family.

As father is too.

Do Hyun felt the tendrils of hatred creeping up at the thought of his father. 

Stop it, Do Hyun. Stop thinking about the guy.

Do Hyun had to be careful not to let the hatred overwhelm him, fearing that it may cause Shin Se Gi to re-appear. It had been really hard for the young heir to accept that the caring and kind dad he once knew eventually became the monster that scarred his childhood memories. But when Ri Jin found her acceptance for the very man who abused her as a child, she somehow managed to convince the skeptical Do Hyun that his refusal to accept his own dad was enough punishment for Cha Joon Pyo. 

Let it be that we live our own lives. Away from each other.

"I've sent it over to your email, Advisor Cha" ED Ahn's voice brought him back to the present.

"Uh...uhm. Thank you, ED Ahn. I'll take a look at it now. Bye."

Flipping his laptop open, Do Hyun slowly guided his dark thoughts to brighter moments. the couple ring that Ri Jin slipped on for him yesterday, the easy smile returned to his face.

How would it be if we have 2 kids? Perhaps a boy and a girl....?

An email notification pop out. Do Hyun, thinking that it was from ED Ahn, opened it immediately.

'DO YOU WANNA PLAY A GAME?'

The question filled up the entire mail in bold red. Do Hyun frowned.

A spam email? 

As with other spam emails received, he clicked the 'X' button to close the window, but the message window remained opened. Instead, now another prompt appeared, giving him 2 options to choose from - Yes? No?

"I don't play games, you idiot" Do Hyun murmured under his breath as he rejected the offer and clicked 'No'.

It was the last thing Cha Do Hyun remembered before the impact of the explosion from Ssang Ri's kitchen knocked him unconscious.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx