Meet N Greet

Detective Yung (Official)

The never ending darkness of midnight enveloped a single alley in the corner of the city.

“Another one just like the last huh?” I said as I ducked under the bright yellow police tape with my hands stuffed deep inside my pockets.

 

“As you can see Detective Yung, it appears to be the same person as the last three murders.” One of the low level officers reported with a stiff salute and a 90 degree bow.

 

I kneeled down next to the bloody remains left by “Red Runner” to try to find a clue on the criminal the police and I had been chasing for all too long. My tiny pocket flashlight illuminated small circles around the body.

 

“Still nothing. Did anyone find anything in a fifty mile radius of the crime scene here?” My frustration reached it’s peak.

 

“Sir. Fifty miles? Don’t you think that’s a little ridiculous? I doubt we’ll be able to find anything anyways. Why should we do it?” My nameless assistant questioned.

 

Although he was making logical sense, my anger towards the inability to find anything to grasp onto was driving me insane.

 

“Do you all NOT want to find this guy?! Am I the only one that has any drive to protect this city that I love?! Am I the only competent one here? All of you are idiots!” I stormed off the crime scene and back into the squad car.

 

“Take me back to the station.”

 

The officer was obvious surprised that I had randomly hopped into his car and then ordered him to drive me like a chauffeur but complied without questioning.

 

“Come see me. As soon as possible.” A note on a yellow piece of paper was placed on top of the trash heap I call a desk. A deep sigh escaped my mouth as I trudged down the hall to the boss’ office.

 

“Good day sir. I’m guessing something is on your mind since you are still at the office at this hour. It is not like you to be here when I get back from a case.”

 

Apparently I had a reputation of working all day, even into the middle of the night, for the smallest cases.

 

“I actually have a request for you. I need you to become lead a team of new detectives that I believe will form the next era of great crime fighters. We need you to shape and mold them. Make use of their potential.” The soft yet demanding tone of his voice told me that this was more of an order than a request.

 

“Well sir…. When am I supposed to meet this err… team?”

 

“Bright and early tomorrow morning. Or I guess about eight hours from now.” The boss chuckled.

 

I walked back to my office and plopped down behind my desk. My chair let out a loud squeak as I leaned back while closing my eyes, trying to wrap my mind around this uncontrollable situation that I had become a part.


Before I knew it, the sun shining into my small dark office woke me up. The yellow piece of paper was stuck to my face because of a pool of drool that had accumulated while I slept.

 

“Boss man! Nice to meet you my name is Bang Minah! I was born in 93. Most people say that I have an eye for detail, but it’s a little awkward saying that about myself.” A spunk girl sudden said after bursting into my office.

 

“Yeah. Uh.. Hi. I’m Detective Yung. Nice to meet you. Do you happen to know when the other members will get here?”

Just as I questioned where the other members were, another slowly peeked through the door.

 

“Hello sir. My name is Seo Ju-Hyun but I usually go by Seohyun. Nice to meet you.” She spoke very clearly while bowing a full 90 degrees.

“Detective Yung. Nice to meet you.”

 

I scratched my head and rubbed my eyes, “This is going to get annoying if I have to introduce myself every time one of them walks through the door. I don’t even know how members are supposed to be, hopefully there are only a few left.

 

Another woman walked in, “Hello. You can call me Song Ji Hyo. Thank you for having me.” She ended her introduction with a firm handshake while bowing the full 90 degrees as well.

 

I half smiled while accepting the handshake, “Detective Yung.”

 

We waited another ten minutes and nobody else appeared so I assumed the team was now complete.

 

“Alright I guess this is the full team. Honestly I’m not completely sure what kind of cases we will be undertaking, but I will try to guide you all to become better detectives. I’m not really good at talking like this so I guess we can just get to know one another until we get a case.”

 

“Hi everyone! I’m Minah! I was born in 93. Most people say that I have an eye for detail, but it’s a little awkward saying that myself. I will always work hard and try my best. I’m excited to learn everything and become the best detective I can be!”

 

“Hello. You all can call me Seohyun. I try to focus on improving myself all the time. I’m fairly reserved and most of my work deals with computers. My field scores are not very good, but I promise to work hard. Please take care of me.”

 

“Hi. My name is Ji Hyo. I’m probably the oldest new member here but I know I still have a lot to learn and I am excited to learn. I’ve been told that my forte is infiltration and disguise but I want to become an all around detective.”

 

“Alright glad to meet everyone-”

Another girl with brown disheveled hair strolled through the door flush red, “I’m sorry I’m late! I overslept. My name is Jessica Jung.”