chapter 1

Honey and Clover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Welcome Mr Cha! Please have a seat.” As soon as the guest entered inside his office with a bang, a cunning yet mocking smile carved on his lips. He leaned back on his chair as if he was expecting that red faced bald man with his bloated tummy in his office while spinning pen in his fingers which almost teased the already pissed visitor.

Mr Cha, who was in his fifties ignored latter’s fake etiquette and threw the brown envelop with court seal on it over the desk in anger.

“The hell with your welcome Jung. What is this you send me?” He glared at the brunette who was still calm after hearing his outburst.

“A court notice I guess.” He smiled at the older, deviously which worked as a salt over his wound. Mr Cha clenched his fist into a ball to control his urge of smashing his handsome face into pulp.

“A court notice!”

 He heard the sound of grinding teeth perfectly as he nodded his head in accord.

“Umhuh! Since your wife Ms. Bae Suelgi doesn’t want this marriage thing with you and you keep refusing to sign the previously sent divorce papers. I got no choice but to take legal action against you as her attorney. Hope you got it now why things happened like this.” He explained with his poisonous smile.

“I have no objection signing those ing papers but I do have objection with the alimony amount. Previously it was three hundred million dollars but now it’s,”

“Six hundred millions!”

“Exactly.” His nostrils flicked in anger.

“It is just double so what is the big deal Mr Cha? Just pay her and close the chapter forever.” He arched his one eyebrow while rocking his chair.

“That gold digger ! I am not gonna give her a single cent and for you Mr. Jung, you are gonna regret this.” Mr Cha hit the table with his both hands and leaned in toward the young attorney to warn him.

“Mr Cha! Don’t get me wrong but are you trying to threaten me in my office? I wonder, what could be it’s consequences?”He looked straight into his eyes. His ceramal eyes turned dark all of sudden with his voice which was no longer soft but deep and soul shivering. He rose from his seat and dust off non existing wrinkles from Mr. Cha’s shoulder before flashing a cold calm smile which doesn’t even reached his eyes. “As for your decision about the alimony we can settle it in the courtroom. Think for a moment, what will happen if I expose your marital status there! It will only ruin your and your company’s image but if you sign those papers right now this matter will be over here.”

“Are you blackmailing me?” Mr Cha voice sound weaker than before.

“Do I look like a blackmailer to you Mr Cha. I am just stating the facts since it is my job, nothing personal.” He shrugged carelessly. “As you know I have upper hand in your case and I am not gonna lose it. According to the law, adultery can be a ground for divorce that means you can file divorce against your spouse if he/ she is cheating on her/his spouse. I have evidence of it you know your personal suite, what was the number again… yes, 12...0...9. That’s right isn’t it and what if I show it in the trial?” He added.

“You are crossing your limits Jung.” Mr Cha tried to rise his voice in anger but it barely came out from his mouth.

“That why I said what if?” He chuckled at Mr Cha’s ashen face.

“What do you want?” He hung his head low in defeat.

“Give me three hundred million dollars which I had added in the divorce agreement. My pay you know, I am a bit expensive attorney and sign on the previous papers.”  He placed the papers over the desk and pushed it lightly toward the old man who was dabbing handkerchief over his blade head to wipe his sweat.







 

Secretary Kim took off her eyes from the computer screen and looked up fixing her specs over her nose bridge only to see that beautiful young lady approaching toward her boss’s chamber while swaying her hips. She sighed deeply before gluing her eyes on the screen when the bell rang over her desk.

“Ms Kim! In my cabin. Now.”

“Right Mr Jung!” She bolted toward the Chamber. When she stepped inside after turning the knob she was greeted by a piercing yell which indeed belongs to the lady sitting across the table she got startled for a second then decided to wait at the doorstep until things end.

“How can you do this to me? I am getting only three hundred million dollar and you are asking me half of it as your fee. Are you attorney or conman?” She screamed.

“You are forgetting that you’re getting a car and a mansion along with alimony money and about my fee, I made it clear to you beforehand that it will be the half of your alimony money. You even signed the contract remember!” He smirked at her blanked reaction.

“I have never met an like you in my whole life.” She hissed in anger.

“I trust you haven’t. Door is that way Ms Bae.” He signalled her to leave which she did without wasting anymore minute. She passed by Secretary Kim and bumped her shoulder intentionally while trumping her heels on the floor.

“Ms Kim! Come on in.” the cold voice of her boss literally congealed her blood in veins.

“Yes Boss.” She hitched her breath afraid of her boss moody nature.

“Do you know what I hate the most?”

“Yes boss. Mess, waiting and cling girls.” She said nervously gulping on her spit.

“That why I like you Ms Kim now go and clean this shirt for me.” He said in flat yet commanding voice. She picked up the white shirt from the couch on the right side of the room and found a big splashy stain on it.

“This is,” She asked hesitantly.

“Coffee~ Ms Kim!” The way he stressed on the word coffee made her shiver to death so she dropped the idea to ask him more about it and took her leave.








 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter