Part 2

Love Bot

  Unlike most people, Shin Hyesung wasn't stupid enough to believe in artifical love. 

  Although he accepted it from his bot like everyone else, its not like he truly believed it was real. He knew that love bots were only programmed to say "I love you" and hold you close like you were an actual lifeline to them. Perhaps you were, considering that if you hadn't bought them in the first place they wouldn't have been activated. 

  He sighed, sitting in one of the living room chairs of his and Eric's spacious apartment as the other cooked dinner in the kitchen. 

  "Lettuce, tomato or both?" Eric called from the kitchen, making Hyesung look up from his book. 

  "Both!" he yelled back before closing his book and getting up from the chair. Stretching his arms, his back cracked and he groaned, feeling the tightness in his muscles leave his system. Once he was done stretching, he smiled and walked to the kitchen where Eric was standing at the stove. "Hey." 

  Eric looked up from the stove and smiled at Hyesung lovingly. 

  "Hey." he replied, before turning back to the pan. Turning the burner off, he held onto the spatula in his hand and emptied the contents of the pan onto their plates before putting both items in the sink. 

  Hyesung sat down at the island as Eric brought the plates over, setting one in front of him and sitting down with his own plate. 

  "It looks really good." Hyesung stated and smiled, picking up his chopsticks. "Just like always."

  Eric nodded and smiled, grabbing his own chopsticks.

  After saying thank you for their meal, the two of them started eating. Hyesung looked across the table at Eric who, after taking a bite of his food, looked up to find Hyesung staring at him. As he smiled, Hyesung coughed and looked down at his plate, taking a bite of his own food while keeping silent. 

  "Tastes good too." Hyesung then said quietly before taking another bite so he wouldn't have to talk again. Eric only smiled and nodded, 'eating' his own food as they sat in comfortable silence. 

  Well, the silence was more so comfortable for him than it was for Hyesung. Although the human had gotten used to his bot's presence a long time ago, sometimes he still had those awkward moments when just being in the same room as him felt weird. Really it only happened when he was embarrassed or thinking too hard. 

  "Did you want to go out today?" Eric suddenly asked, surprising Hyesung who almost dropped his chopsticks.

  "Um...I'm not sure." he replied, shrugging his shoulders and taking another bite. "I was thinking we could just stay home today." The love bot watched him and nodded his head, smiling softly.

  "Sure. I don't care." Hyesung smiled at this before Eric suddenly reached across the table to ruffle his hair. "I know you just wanna stay home with me." he teased, making the pretty man blush darkly and throw his chopsticks at the other, who only ducked and laughed.

  "Yah! Eric Mun!"


  "This is nice." Hyesung muttered as they sat together in bed. There was a movie playing on the television, and Hyesung was situated in Eric's lap (after much hostility and complaing on his side) as the other wrapped his arms around his waist.

  "Yeah..." Eric mumbled, eyes glued to the screen. 

  "Yah, you like it that much?" he chuckled and turned his head to face the other, who blinked and looked at him before smiling sheepishly. 

  "I guess." 

  Hyesung smiled, one hand over Eric's as he pecked his cheek. The small action was enough to make the bot grin with satisfaction, since Hyesung didn't normally show his affection a lot.

  "Can you get up for a second? I gotta do something." Eric suddenly asked a few minutes later as they had settled to watch the movie again. Hyesung just nodded before pulling himself off the other's lap, watching as Eric got off the bed and walked into the bathroom. He waited quietly before he was suddenly startled by something clattering to the floor, and Eric cursing loudly. 

  "Eric? Are you okay?" he asked, shifting to get off the bed and walk towards the bathroom. However, before he could walk inside, Eric slammed the door shut.

  "Yeah." he yelled from inside the bathroom, picking up the pieces of the broken glass he had dropped. "I just broke the toothbrush cup. Sorry."

  "That's fine but...are you sure you're okay? Let me come in." 

  "No!"

  Hyesung was surprised by Eric's outburst and back away from the door slightly. He stood in shock before suddenly lunging for the door, knowing that the bot was probably about to lock it.

  "No! Hyesung! Get out!" Eric was still yelling at him, trying to shove Hyesung out of the bathroom after he had ripped the door open. 

  "Not after you let me see!" 

  It was then that Hyesung finally noticed the glass on the floor. Some of it was speckled with red, and immediately he knew it was blood. Turning to Eric who was now on the floor, leaning against the shower, he knelt down to see where he was hurt.

  "How are you so clumsy? Seriously." Hyesung muttered as he took the other's hand. It was literred with small cuts, one or two of them bleeding.

  Eric stayed silent as Hyesung searched for the bandaids and a towel. He even stayed that way when Hyesung cleaned the small injury before bandages the areas that were cut more than others.

  After he was done, the two of them were quietly sitting on the bathroom floor before it suddenly hit Hyesung.

  "Eric...why are you bleeding?" Eric's eyes widened and he whipped his head around to face the pretty man before trying to cover up his shock. Like someone had found out a secret.

  "I cut myself on the cup."

  "No. You know what I mean Eric." Hyesung said, staring right into Eric's eyes as he knelt over him. "Bots don't bleed. They're metal. Why are you bleeding?"