Part 1

Love Bot

  Like most people, Shin Hyesung had a love bot. 

  Usually love bots were there to fill the void if you hadn't found that special someone. Or perhaps, you were never looking for that someone in first place and wanted one for companionship. 

  A love bot's purpose was in its name. It was a robot designed to give you all the affection and attention you desired. Such a creation was down to even the smallest details. You could program its personality, style, eye color, and more.

  However, the love bot only came in one model. This model was named SEM17, standing for Shinhwa Eric Mun 17. 

  Everyone who was anyone got their hands on a love bot the moment they came out. Not Hyesung though. No, at first he despised the thought of buying a designed hunk of metal to treat as your lover. In all honesty, he thought it was a stupid idea that would only leave people heartbroken if it ever broke down, or once they realized its love for them was only artificial.

  Then he noticed, no matter how long the people around him had this love bot, they never grew unhappy. It was built so well that it never broke down, built so real that it seemed like an actual person.

  Hyesung didn't know what exactly compelled him to buy his own bot in the first place, nor how he had gotten it so cheap considering the fact he had decided to get one just when the hype about them started. 

  He had model SEM17-01. 

  Even though he was given information on the bot, he only skimmed through everything, not actually taking in the information. There was a lot of trial and error as he started fiddling with the controls. Somehow he was not only able to program his bot's personality without the manual, but also its style. Instead of changing the eye color, facial structure, hair style and other trivial things like most bot owners, he kept them the same. For some reason he just felt like it would...ruin the bot.

  Although everything seemed perfect, there must have been something wrong with his programming skills or he wouldn't be having such a large headache because of the machine sitting next to him.

  "Hyesunggie~" the bot called him sweetly, making the pretty man stick his tongue out in disgust at the cute nickname. 

  "For the last time Eric, don't call me that." he demanded, fixing one of his meanest glares on the other, making Eric put his hands up in mock surrender. The exotic looking humanoid only grinned and smiled. 

  "Alright," he conceded, making Hyesung sigh with relief. "Hyesunggie~"

  "Yah!" Hyesung yelled, hitting Eric on the shoulder and making the bot laugh out loud. "How many times to I have to tell you!? Don't! Call! Me! Hyesunggie!" Each time he said a word, Hyesung hit Eric on the arm again until he was breathing heavily from his bout of aggression. 

  Eric rolled his eyes before wrapping his arms around the man's shoulders. 

  "Sorry. I won't call you that again." he apologized. Hyesung only crossed his arms and puffed out his cheeks slightly, showing that he was still annoyed with the robot. Then Hyesung sighed before bringing his hands up and holding onto Eric's arms. 

  "Let's just go home. It might rain soon." he said, smiling at Eric. The bot nodded and then stood up from the park bench, holding his hand out to Hyesung. The other shyly took it, still not used to the PDA although they almost always held hands when other people were around (because apparently his Eric was the type that loved skinship). 

  As they walked down the street, Eric smiled happily and Hyesung kept looking at the ground to hide his face. Other people passed by them, not even sparing a second glance to the couple, even if they were clinging to the arm of someone who looked exactly like the bot currently holding hands with Hyesung.

  "Something wrong?" Eric asked, switching into comfort mode immediately as Hyesung's grip on his hand tightened.

  Hyesung relaxed his hand before shaking his head. Looking up at Eric he smiled.

  "Nothing's wrong." he lied, hoping the bot couldn't catch onto it. Luckily, it seemed the model he bought was one of the earlier versions. The few who didn't have a lie detector built within the first layer of their skin to tell whether you were liying or not through body temperature and movement. 

  The robot smiled softly and nodded, pressing a kiss to the crown of Hyesung's head as they continued walking home. 

  Once they made it to the apartment, Eric opened the lobby door for Hyesung, gesturing for the pretty man to walk inside first. Hyesung blushed, quickly walking inside the building while ducking his head. 

  "You're so embarrassing." he hissed as the two of them walked to the elvator. "I'm not a woman. You don't need to open the door for me."

  "You may not be a woman Hyesung, but you're my boyfriend, which means I have to hold doors open for you." Eric argued back, sticking his tongue out childishly as the metal doors of the elevator closed behind them. 

  Hyesung crossed his arms and scowled, standing on the other side of the elevator away from Eric as his headache started building again. How his love bot had turned out to be so annoying, childish and messy was beyond him. He must have done a horrible job on the whole 'create your own personality for them' part because this certainly wasn't what he wanted. 

  At first he was just trying to go for a slightly serious personality, with empathy and consideration. What he got seemed a little...lack luster from his original intent. 

  However, he realized he liked his Eric just the way he was as said bot creeped up next to him with puppy eyes, hugging him around the waist.

  "You don't hate me, do you?" Eric asked, pouting slightly.

  Hyesung acted annoyed and tried to shove the other's head away from his face. 

  "No I don't hate you, but you're so freaking annoying." he complained. It was like the comment of annoyance went unnoticed as Eric smiled brightly and hugged Hyesung tighter, pecking his cheek. 

  "I love you Hyesung." Eric said as the two of them walked out of the elevator and down the hallway together.

  Once they made it to the apartment, Hyesung typed in the passcode and the door opened, letting the two of them inside. 

  "I love you too, Eric." Hyesung replied, turning to face the other with a smile. The melancholy sadness behind his caring eyes was undetectable. 


  + Part 1 is done! ^o^ Soon, onto 2 and 3~ o u o I hope you enjoyed it! Comments are appreciated! *shot* XD lol