...Or Not

Time to Live

            Cee tapped her fingers on her knee, her other hand holding the ringing phone to her ear, ‘Come on, Kyung. Please pick up…’

            Even from her prime position on the couch she wasn’t paying attention to what everyone else was doing, focusing solely on the phone, as if it would bring Kyung to finally answer. The memory of the last time they talked sneaked back to the front of her brain making her feel guilty once again.

                       “Well, ‘ello there, Lass,” Kyung grinned as he slid up next to her, leaning against the bar but, still facing her.

            “Hey, Kyung,” Cee smiled, “Don’t want to go looking for a woman worthy of flirting with?”

            “Why would I look at anyone else when the most beautiful one is right in front of me?”

            Cee felt a lump in and before she knew it, she was giving Kyung a hug, catching him by surprise, “Thank you, I really needed that.”

            Kyung hesitatingly raised his arms and lightly wrapped them around her, still unsure of this rare moment, “Anytime, Lass. I’ll always be here to tell ye the truth.”

            She chuckled against him, “You better be careful, Kyung, or I might actually think you are serious one day.”

            “But I am.”

Another ring on the phone and Cee bit her lip, afraid he wasn’t going to pick up again.

Kyung slammed an empty shot glass down onto the counter.

 He exhaled as he slowly pushed the empty glass away, “Do you think…” he stopped and started fidgeting with his last full shot glass before starting again, “Do you think if B.A.P never came that ye could have loved me?”

She took a long drink of her beer, “No,” Cee sighed sadly not wanting to lie.

Cee’s tapping hand increased to include a tapping foot. She ran her free hand through her shoulder length dark brown hair before placing it on her knee again only to continue fidgeting as she remembered their very last moment together.

Cee grabbed his hand, “Wait!”

            Cee paused but, continued on, wanting to make sure they left on good terms, “Don’t let this change us, please. If you ever need me, for anything, just call.”

            Kyung smiled and nodded. He thought for a second before squeezing her hand tightly and looking at her seriously, “Lass, even if I didn’t love ye I still would have flirted with ye. All these other guys need to get their eyes checked.”

            Cee rolled her eyes, “No, I think they see the ‘ Off’ sign just fine.”

            Kyung leaned in closer making Cee blink, “No, they see how smart ye are and they know that no matter how much they might want ye, they ain’t smart enough to intrigue the most gorgeous woman in the room.”

            Cee felt herself flush and then she kissed Kyung’s cheek. She looked away and dropped his hand. “You’ve never left land without getting at least one kiss, yeah? I don’t want to you breaking tradition already.”

            He smiled sadly and nodded. With that, he turned his back to her and walked towards the door.

            “Kyung, you bastard,” Cee mumbled through her teeth. The phone had finally gone to voicemail. She hung up before saying anything. She had left some before and still no reply.

            “Give him more time,” Youngjae sat down beside her.

            Cee sighed, “I really hurt him, Jae.”

            Youngjae pulled her down onto his shoulder and ran his hand up and down her arm, “He just needs time to get over you. We came out of nowhere and stole you. He probably is beating himself up for not trying hard enough or… who really knows what goes through Kyung’s head.”

            Cee gave a chuckle and sighed again. She knew what he was saying was right.

            “I’ll call Yukwon about our shipment. Don’t worry about it,” Youngjae said.

            “Alright,” Cee sat up, “I’ll help the boys pack. We really do need to leave this place and get back to the city.”

            One of the two bedroom doors opened and Yongguk walked out into the living room, kitchen, “Cee, you’re up.”

            She groaned, “You really think she’ll wake up soon?”

            “Even if she doesn’t, I need you to give Himchan a break.”

            “Fine, I get it,” Cee trudged into the room.

            Himchan smiled as he saw her, “Thanks, sweetheart.”

            He kissed her cheek and almost ran for the bathroom, leaving Cee with their newest charge. She closed the door and sat on the chair next to the mysterious woman who was still sleeping. Cee stared, waiting for her to move. She didn’t want to know what they would do if she didn’t wake up before they were ready to go.

            After a while of just staring, her mind began to drift to other things like their next destination, new guns on the market she needed to ask Taeil about, and how Jeremy was doing back in New York. Cee rolled her eyes, Uncle Jeremy, she laughed at how she corrected herself.

            A feminine groan roused her from her thoughts. Cee’s eyes grew wider as she realized their guest was finally waking up.

            “Bang!” Cee shouted to get him into the room, hoping he would know what to do.

            At her voice the woman’s eyes shoot open and she tried to sit up.

            “Go slow, we don’t know what you were given,” Cee warned.

            “Who are you?! Where have you taken me?!” The woman screamed as she crawled back on the bed away from Cee so her back was against the wall.

            “Easy,” Cee raised up and tried to soothe her, “Please try to calm down. We rescued you from that house. You’re safe now.”

            Tears began to form, “How does that make sense?! Someone help me!”

            “What’s going on?” Yongguk ran in the room.

            She screamed, “Stay away from me!”

            “We killed the owner of that house! You’re safe now so please stop scream—“ Cee stopped shouting since the woman had stopped suddenly. “..ing.”

            “You killed… you killed Roberto?” She asked in shock.

            Cee and Yongguk exchanged confused looks before she replied, “Probably. Our main target was Santiago, the owner of the house and of a huge human trafficking ring. So—“

            “You !!” She flew at Cee, catching the vigilante off guard. “How dare you speak of my father that way! He is a good man who has saved countless lives at his hospital!”

            “Wait—stop!” Cee tried to fend her off without hurting her while Yongguk hesitated, not sure how to handle the situation.

            “Then, you killed my father’s body double and for nothing! We are good people!”

            “Just… stop!” Cee finally pushed her away in frustration. The woman fell back, her head hitting the wall and immediately Cee felt guilty. She hadn’t meant to hurt her, “I’m sorry…”

            “Go to hell, !”

            Yongguk jumped in between them and kept the woman off Cee. He looked at Cee, making sure she was going to keep her hands to herself before turning back to the girl. Under his intense gaze, she backed down.

            “Your father owned that house?” He asked seriously. Hearing a noise at the door, Cee looked back to see the rest of the gang there listening in.

            “Yes.”

            “But, your father wasn’t there last night?”

            “No! He had a conference and asked his body double to go in his place to the party.”

            Yongguk backed up, his face blank. Cee knew he was deep in his own thoughts. There were a few curses behind them as the guys knew their stay in Mexico wasn’t over yet.

            “So,” Cee started, trying to borrow Yongguk’s calm, “How did you end up at the party?”

            The woman glared at her, “I drove there ahead of time since I wanted to go the party too.”

            Cee took a deep breath trying to stay calm, “You knew about the party? You are okay with that kind of thing?”

            “Then why was she drugged?” Zelo whispered.

            “Who wouldn’t I be okay with raising money for drug addicts?” She spit back in Cee’s face.

            Cee’s eyes widened and alarms started going off in her mind, but she continued on, “That party was the sale of females to the highest bidder. Your father is the villain here, not us.”

            “My father is not that man!” Once again she was in Cee’s face. Cee struggled to hold her back without damaging her more.

            “Help!” Cee hissed in pain. Himchan and Yongguk were holding the woman back as she continued to yell in Spanish, probably swearing at them and telling them to go to hell.

            Cee touched her own cheek only to wince. Pulling back, she saw blood. She scowled at the woman who had ended up scratching her yet, continued to argue with Yongguk and Himchan over who her dad was.

            “I’m done,” Cee shook her head and stormed out.

            “Cee,” Yongguk said sternly but, she ignored him.

            Daehyun sighed, “Looks like we are going to need those bullets ASAP.”

            “Youngjae, make the call. Daehyun and I will head down there,” Cee said as she washed she face in the kitchen.

            “Daehyun can go. I need you here,” Yongguk stood in the bedroom doorway of the woman in denial.

            Cee glared, “Don’t.”

            He crossed his arms, “You are the—“

            “Don’t give me that crap!” Cee threw down the hand towel after drying her face and strode towards him. “You and I both know you said I had to take care of her last night as a joke and even if you weren’t I’m the Female Division Leader in B.A.P and she,” Cee pointed at the room angrily, “is not part of B.A.P.”

            “As the leader of all of B.A.P, I’m telling you, you are in charge of her. She’s your responsibility and became so the moment you saved her from that house.” Yongguk’s posture told Cee he wasn’t kidding nor was he willing to budge. He was mad and if he had to drag her back into the room he would.

            Cee shook her head, “I’m not dealing with this; I can’t. I’m not—It’s too soon.”

            Yongguk’s expression softened knowing what she was referring to. “I need you to be in the room. We need a female presence and more importantly, I need you to step up.”

            Cee scowled at the ground. She knew she couldn’t say no. By agreeing to join B.A.P she also had agreed to listen to Yongguk. She could choose not to but, the dynamic in the group could change as well. “Fine, but I’m not talking if I don’t have to.”

            “Who do you want in the room with you?” Yongguk asked.

            Cee looked up at him curiously and realization dawned on her. He really was making her in charge of the situation and was making her use/practice her co-second in command powers. She thought quickly, “Himchan, you, Jongup, and Daehyun.”

            “So many?”

            Cee bit her lip, “I need Himchan because he’s good at talking with people, Jongup makes people feel at ease, you’re the leader and need to be there, and Daehyun can be charming when he wants to be… but the guns… fine, no Daehyun.”

            Yongguk nodded in agreement with her decision, “Youngjae call, Daehyun head out, and Zelo you can keep packing.”

            All of them nodded while Zelo also grumbled about never getting the fun jobs.

            “Let’s get this over with,” Cee mumbled.

            As soon as they walked into the room again the woman glared at her with intense hatred, “Get out.”

            Cee looked at Yongguk who shook his head, “Just stay by the door.”

            She shrugged and leaned beside the door.

            Himchan, sitting in the chair beside the bed smiled again at the woman, “You don’t remember anything after your father’s body-double gave you a drink?”

            She finally flicked her eyes away from Cee to look at Himchan, only to glare back at her, “The next thing I knew this wannabe was pretending to shoot me.”

            Cee glared back and pointed at Yongguk, “His last name is Bang. I wasn’t pretending to shoot you.”

            “Whatever,” she huffed and turned her face away.

            “Don’t you think it’s odd you can’t remember?” Himchan prompted her, trying to stay calm.

            “You lot probably drugged me!”

            “Not us,” Jongup smiled at her.

            “I understand how hard it is to believe but, we did save 15 women last night from being bought. I was talking to people before we crashed the party,” Himchan said.

            “My father is not a bad person!”

            Cee rubbed her forehead, ‘In denial just like how I was about Jonghyun…’

            “Noona,” Zelo whispered.

            “What’s up?” Cee turned to him.

            “A car just pulled up to the building.”

            Cee dashed out of the room and carefully looked out the back window as she stood against the wall. She watched the SUV almost believing everything was fine until men in black suits started getting out.

            “! We gotta run!” Cee yelled to get everyone’s attention.

            “Zelo, grab everyone’s things. Youngjae, pack your computer stuff,” Cee shouted orders to get them out of there.

            Yongguk and Jongup ran out of the room, “What happened?”

            “7 men in suits,” Cee closed her eyes in disbelief, “We didn’t check her for a tracking device.”

            “I didn’t think we would need to!” Youngjae shouted in panic.

            “We thought our enemy was dead…”

            “Jongup, pass me my gun,” Cee looked out the window again. Jongup picked up her gun case, opened it, and threw her rifle at her.

            “We need to quiet her,” Yongguk ran into the kitchen, opening drawers to find something useful.

            Cee picked up bullets she had left beside the window just in case and put them in her gun. The only reason her gun hadn’t been there was because she brought it with her last night. She snapped everything into place, took aim and fired. One of the men fell while the rest took cover.

            “I need you to strip her,” Himchan pulled the struggling woman out of the room. “We have to get rid of the tracker!”

            “Just leave me here! I’m all they want!”

            “But—“

            “Zelo, take point at the window. Jongup, I’ll help you carry things,” Yongguk called as he came back with duct tape.

            Cee’s blood boiled but, she passed Zelo her rifle, grabbed the woman’s arm and pulled her into the bathroom anyhow.

            “Stop! You !”

            Cee pushed her against the bathroom wall, staring at her, “Listen here you motherer, because I decided to save your life last night the lives of my friends are now on the line so, trust me when I say that if it saves all of them then I’ll throw you to the ing wolves, we clear?! Now shut up or die.”

            The woman shook in her hold, her hair and makeup on her face was a mess but, she still tried to look strong.

            “Cee!” Youngjae ran into the bathroom as Zelo started firing down onto their enemies.

            “Jae this isn’t the time.“

            He held up a gadget that looked like one of those metallic wands people at airports used, “This can pick up the signal if it is on her.”

            “Do it,” Cee said knowing this would be faster than taking off all her clothes and then putting her into some of her own clothes. Cee pulled the woman into the middle of the room, “Don’t move.”

            Youngjae quickly waved it around her and it finally beeped near the woman’s right shoe, a black wedge high heel. “There!”

            Wanting to save time, Cee took one of her knives from her back off and cut the straps off of her shoes, “Let’s go.”

            “My shoes!”

            Cee pulled her out of her shoes dragging her out of the room, ignoring her complaints. “We ready?”

            Yongguk, carrying bags on each arm, ripped off a piece of duct tape and put it over the woman’s mouth. Himchan and Jongup carried the rest of their luggage while Youngjae finished putting their electronics away.

            Zelo fired his gun again, “If I stop shooting then they will start up again.”

            Himchan groaned, “If we suddenly stop shooting then they will know we left.”

            “I’ve got an idea,” Youngjae rummaged through a bag, “Himchan I need you to setup your mach 10 at the window.”

            “It’s new…” Himchan complained but, put it securely on the window sill pointed down at the men. Zelo shot one more time before rushing to the door while putting Cee’s rifle away.

            “Everyone move out,” Yongguk directed as he noticed that Youngjae pulled out string.

            Jongup and Zelo moved first, Cee and Himchan with the girl between them came next, and then Yongguk with Youngjae. As soon as Youngjae shut the door the gun started firing without stop.

            Cee looked back at him as they climbed down the one flight of stairs to the parking lot on the side, “How?”

            Youngjae smiled proudly, “Measured string out so it would pull the trigger when we closed the door.”

            “That’s awesome, Hyung!” Zelo cheered from the front.

            It wasn’t long until they were all in the van. They started driving away when an explosion rocked the van. Himchan braked the van as they all looked back at where their apartment used to be.

            Cee glared at the stunned woman beside her, “Still think your dad is a good guy?”

            Himchan sighed, “It was a nice gun…”

            “Daehyun?” Youngjae asked into his phone, “You okay? Our safe house was attacked. Where are you?”

            “We can pick him up and meet up with Block B’s men,” Himchan thought out loud.

            “But, we need to get out of the city quickly,” Yongguk countered.

            “I’ll get him,” Cee said. Before anyone could ask, she was out the door and standing beside a sports car that just so happened to be parked there. “Jongup, can you hotwire this?”

            “Sure thing, Noona!” Jongup jumped out of the car.

            “We can’t just be splitting up,” Himchan said worriedly.

            “We are deciding what to do now,” Youngjae said to Daehyun.

            Cee looked at Yongguk, “I’m fast. You know I can pick Daehyun up, grab our order, and catch up with the van before too long.”

            “Do it.”

            Jongup had the door open in no time and worked on the wires while everyone waited. Cee was starting to get impatient, worried about Daehyun alone in this now dangerous city.

            “Cee,” Youngjae threw a phone at her, “Daehyun’s tracker is on. Just use the map.”

            Cee nodded as she saw the dot on the map, “Thanks. I’ll just use this to catch up with you all later then.”

            The car roared to life, “All ready!” Jongup crawled up.

            “Cee,” Himchan called to her before she got in the car, “be safe.”

            She smiled at him, “You too, Channie.”

            The van took off, Youngjae probably giving directions to the highway as Cee got in her vehicle. She revved the engine, loving the sound although not knowing the name of the car. She took off, the speed not scaring her. Daehyun had surprisingly gotten a long way off and Cee guessed he had taken a bus most of the way there. She poured her anger at their situation and mostly about that woman into her driving, trying to get it out of her system before she met up with the group’s other hothead.

            When she finally pulled up beside him, she still wasn’t calm, especially thinking about how the boys were with the enemy’s daughter.

            “Someone’s not happy,” Daehyun commented.

            “I despise her.” Cee threw the car into gear but, looked down by his feet, “You already got the stuff?”

            Daehyun patted the bag, “They were closer than I thought.”

Daehyun programmed Youngjae’s tracking number into the phone and they sped off. Cee had driven 15 minutes to get to Daehyun which was the opposite direction from where the gang was heading. Driving her way she caught up to them in 30 minutes halfway to the next town. Seeing them in view, Cee felt a little more comfortable.

She grinned, “Don’t freak out.”

“Why would I—ing hell!”

It was a two lane road with no divider so Cee sped up and got in the oncoming lane to ride beside the van. She honked and Zelo and Jongup both pushed their faces to the window, laughing as they saw her.

Daehyun picked up his ringing cellphone and put it on speaker, “Tell her to stop!”

Himchan laughed, “Glad to know you are safe, Daehyun.”

“I might not be for much longer,” He complained.

“Noona, Noona! Can you take me for a ride around town tomorrow?” Jongup asked.

Cee grinned, “We can keep the car for a while. This thing is a gas guzzler though so, I’ll need to get gas soon.”

“Next town?” Himchan asked.

Cee slowed so that she would be behind them, “I’ll follow you, love.”


a/n: :D yay another chapter so fast and another subscriber ^_^ Hello and welcome.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter~

 

PS. Forgot to mention that the memory about Kyung is written in Vigilantes at Sea. Here's a link to the chapter: A Little Bar In Mexico