Prologue - Information Gathering

Time to Live

            The camera feed came to life on the computer monitor and Youngjae leaned forward, drawn to the screen. There before him was the inside of the abandoned building his team had scouted earlier. The whole room was dark except for the lamp in the middle of the room which shined down on to a man tied to a chair. His head was slumped forward and hands and feet expertly tied around the back of the chair. Youngjae couldn’t see the rest of the man’s condition because only the man’s back was visible. They didn’t want him to know there was a camera there.

            “Do you have a visual?” Cee breathed out.

            “Yes,” Youngjae answered, “Both inside and out.”

            A groan broke the still of the room, alerting both of them to the man’s now conscious state. As he began to struggle against his binding and understand his situation, Cee slowly walked through the darkness to the front of the man, still out of sight. If Youngjae didn’t know she was there, he wouldn’t have known.

            “Showtime,” Youngjae said into his earpiece, letting everyone in the field know.

            “Who’s there?!” The man screamed.

            Youngjae grabbed a pad of paper and began to twirl the pencil, waiting for Cee to show herself.

            It wasn’t long before Cee slowly walked into the very edge of the light. She was wearing loose jeans and a baggy jacket with a big hood which covered the top portion of her face. In the current light it wasn’t even noticeable that Cee was a female, nor anything really about her since she seemed to be one with the darkness. All that was visible was her chin and lips.

            Youngjae bit his lower lip while Cee stood there taking insults, “Will this work in confusing him? Is he really going to be this easy to crack?”

            Cee slowly began to smile, one of the only parts of her visible in the light. Her pale skin and white teeth were amplified thanks to the poor lighting and her black clothes. “Is that all you’ve got?” Cee said in a deeper tone.

            “Who ar’ you!!?” The man struggled against his bindings.

            “That shouldn’t be what is important to you right now,” Cee said and began to crack her fingers, now letting her black gloved hands be seen.

            “The hell it tis! Where am I?!” He shouted.

            “We don’t have a lot of time here so let’s get down to business, where is Santiago?” Cee asked calmly.

            “Santi—“ The man laughed, “This bastard whose balls haven’t even dropped yet has the audacity to capture me and even thinks I’ll give away my best client? You are crazy.”

            Cee stepped into the light and removed her hood, “No, I’m a female who captured you and is going to torture you for information.” Her dark eyes were unwavering as she stared the man down. “Now, The Ladies’ Man,one way or another, you are going to cooperate with me.”

            “You stupid . You really think I’ll tell you jack ?” His continuous laughter did nothing to Cee’s blank expression. “I will tell you nothing, NOTHING, and you are going to let me go. De’ is a like you doing here? Where is your boss?”

            She stood there 30 seconds, listening to his insults, then slipped her hidden backpack off her back and pulled a strange looking instrument out..

            “Hey,” She cut him off mid-insult, “I know Santiago will be having a party soon, being that you supplied him with women recently. Where will the party be held?”

            The man spit at her, the gross liquid landed on her face, “I ain’t afraid of you . I know your type; you act tough, but you don’t have the stones for torture. So, run along ‘der and grab a man for him to talk with.”

            “You should be afraid,” Youngjae whispered as he watched Cee wipe her face off. “I’m turning the monitor off until I hear screaming end.”

            “Not talking?” Daehyun asked as he slipped into the back of the van.

            Youngjae shook his head, his lips already in a tight line.

            “Screaming?”

            “It is a bit difficult for him to scream given the circumstances, but he is doing a good job holding back,” Youngjae gulped.

            Daehyun frowned as he looked away from the screen showing the outside the area surrounding the building, “She taped his mouth? But she wants—“

            “She’s pulling out his teeth,” Youngjae took a big drink of water.

            “No… isn’t that hard with one person?” Daehyun looked confused.

            “Remember the clamp Himchan bought her in France?”

            Daehyun ran his tongue along his teeth, “I always thought that was a weird Valentine’s gift. Seriously, the couple has problems.” He sighed, taking a long moment before putting his own earpiece in.  He grimanced, “The pop and then the sound of the tooth hitting the floor… I don’t know which is worse.”

            “At least she isn’t laughing,” Youngjae groaned.

            “Don’t give her ideas!” Daehyun said quickly.

            “It sounds horrible from here too, and we aren’t even on the same radio length as her,” Zelo said quietly.

            Soon the only sound was whimpers and spitting, so Youngjae turned the monitor back on. A chill ran down his spine as he saw Cee standing there, blood splattered on her face and a wrench holding a tooth in one of her hands. She looked disinterested in what had happened. ‘Thank god she is on our side… her scary look is getting scarier though… she’s been learning too much from Yongguk and Zico.”

            “Now,” Cee asked as she dropped the tooth on the ground, letting it join the few others scattered about, “since I finally got you to shut up, let me see if I can make you start tsaying what I want you to. How about we negotiate?”

            “Wha—“ Youngjae hushed Daehyun and stared at the screen.

            Cee flicked her eyes to slightly above The Ladies’ Man’s shoulder to stare into the camera briefly and blink before quickly returning her eyes back to the hostage.

            Youngjae nodded even though he knew she couldn’t see him, “We trust you.”

            “See, I despise people like you,” Cee started as she began removing the clamp from the man’s mouth, “ slave traders, well slave traders in general, and rapists… You should all die.”

            He coughed once the device was removed,” If that is supposed to be incentive for me to become a rat, it won’t work. Even if you don’t kill me, Santiago will.”

            Cee smiled, but with the murderous intent still coming from her eyes, it was anything but friendly. “Ladies’ Man, if I had my way I’d torture you slowly, putting you through all the damage I thought you deserved,” She said, slowly running the wrench across his chest.

            “Once I finally got bored of you, I’d make sure no one could recognize you. Not just because of the torture where I would break each and every one of your bones,” She lightly tapped his shoulder to emphasis the words, “Not even because I’d have a lion eat you—alive I might add, so people would have to identify you from lions’ , but because I would take what was left of your bones and throw them into the deepest part of the ocean.”

            Cee leaned back and crossed her arms, “If you don’t accept my proposal, this is what will eventually happen to you; a slow painful death.”

            “Ever think you need to see a shrink? …” Daehyun ran a hand through his short brown hair.

            “How is this negotiation!?” The man cried out.        

            “Tell me what I want to know and you’ll never see me again.”

            “Because you’ll kill me quickly?” He scoffed and moved his head to the side, “No.”

            Cee shook her head, “Because I’ll let you go. I won’t kill you, I won’t even touch you again.”

            “But I’ve—“ He stopped himself and looked at her, taking his time.

            Cee’s lowered eyebrows combined with a wider smile, told Youngjae that she knew exactly what he was thinking. ‘He had seen her face.’

            “How can I trust you?” He asked.

            “You can’t obviously, we’ve never met, but I hate lying. I like to think of myself as a honorable person. How about on good faith, I cut one of your hands free?”

            He was silent

            “Cee,” Daehyun said, “We don’t have time.”

            “Right handed, yes?” She pulled scissors out of her backpack, walked behind the chair and cut the rope around his right hand. As The Ladies’ Man, massaged his hand, Cee looked at the camera and tapped the scissors to her wrist.

            Daehyun sighed, “Just about five minutes until noise. They are at the bottom of the hill now.”

            “This is risky on your part,” The man said.

            Cee nodded, “I believe I have time to accomplish what I want before you could interfere.”

            She then walked back around to face him.

            “I just—“

            “I know. I know exactly what and idiot like you is thinking and I do not care. Do we have a deal, or not a need to snip off your manhood?” She twirled the scissors for emphasis as she looked down at where his man parts should be.

            There was a long moment of silence before the man laughed, “ you are definitely new to this game. I’ll take the deal.”

            Cee stuck her hand out and they shaked hands briefly before she pulled back and wiped her hand off on her pants.

            “Well?”

            “Other hand?” He wiggled his left arm.

            “That wasn’t part of the deal. You have a free hand don’t you? Untie yourself.” He scowled as she smirked down at him. “So, tell me.”

            He reached back and began to work on his hand, “Fine,  the party is at one of his summer houses.”

            He spilled the address and area, which Youngjae furiously wrote down. Youngjae immediately shifted to the laptop next to him and typed in the address to look up the property.

            “That’s the truth?” Cee asked.

            “Yes! Aren’t going to write it down?”

            “Don’t worry about it,” Cee said with a smile in her voice.

            “Seems to be legit,” Youngjae answered. “Everything I’ve found shows it to be Santiago’s house… not that we have much to go on.”

            Daehyun sighed, “We don’t know anything about the guy… just one picture. At least with this info, even if it isn’t the right place, maybe we can get more idea about who he is.”

            “Alright, looks like we are done here,” Cee said and put her materials into a plastic bag.

            “I’ll find you!” The man spit out.

            Cee chuckled.

          “What’s funny?! I’m the one who should be laughing! I know your face! I’ll find you and you will regret this!” He yelled.

            “Yeah if you have the time,” Cee replied.

            “Cee! Cars incoming!” Daehyun said.

            “Cars, huh?” Cee mumbled. She took out a grappling hook.

            “Didn’t think they would bring cars,” Youngjae bit the inside of his mouth as he looked at Daehyun’s screen, seeing the cars getting closer.

            “What’s that noise? Are your people here to pick you up?”

            “No,” Cee smiled, “They are here for you.”

            Cee chuckled at his silence, “This is Los Manantiales. You know, the city where you stole all their women and children and then burned it to the ground? Well, seems like they really wanted to see you again.”

            “Yo—You said you wouldn’t kill me!” He struggled harder finally getting his second hand free.

            Cee grabbed the camera as the sound of voices filled the room from outside, “I’m not. Who know, they might not kill you either.”

            “Cee, get out of there!” Daehyun shouted.

            She ran to a hole in the ceiling to the criminal’s right and shot the grapple upwards, not even wasting time putting the camera way, so Youngjae was still seeing the inside of the warehouse.

            “Faster, faster,” He whispered to himself as he noticed Cee’s slow rise.

            “No! Get back here!” He shouted, “I’LL KILL YOU!”

            Youngjae watched as the man worked on the rope around his legs, actually getting one free, but not fast enough. Men burst into the room and surrounded him quickly.

            “, are they going to notice her?!” Daehyun looked at both screens.

            “At the roof,” Cee groaned, “Help?”

            “Gotcha, Noona,” Zelo said.

            Cee was pulled out of the hole and sighed, “Thanks guys. That was a close one.”

            Youngjae could see Zelo and Jongup’s feet with Cee’s.

            “I didn’t even have time to put the camera away.”

            “No problem.” Jongup said joyously, although quietly.

             “Cee, remember to turn the camera off,” Youngjae said.

            Youngjae’s monitor for the camera went dark as Cee turned it off and then screaming filled the air, loud enough to come over the earpieces’ microphones.

            Cee groaned, “Burning flesh smell.”

            “Gross,” Jongup said.

            “Come on, we don’t want them to notice us,” Zelo said.

            “Leaving the roof, see you soon, Hyungs,” Jongup reported.

            “Get back safely,” Youngjae replied, “Daehyun will help you get away. I’ll start searching for blueprints.”

            “We are finally going to get him,” Cee said with dark joy in her voice. “Santiago.”

            Youngjae smirked, “It’s time for another empire to fall.”
 

            


A/N: Sorry!! I meant to post this over a month ago T_T I wanted to write more before that but, I have no time...

So I'm giving you this to help ease the time until the next chapter which Iwill write after I finish a few more requests in  Vigilantes at Sea.

Thanks for reading!! Hope you enjoyed ^_^