How We Roll

Time to Live

            “Stop here,” Youngjae said to Cee as he looked at his tablet.

            As soon as the van stopped Youngjae, dressed in all black which matched his hair, jumped out. Yongguk and Daehyun, both in suits, opened the side door and helped Youngjae get on top of the van.

            “You good?” Daehyun asked.

            “Good as I can ever be in this situation,” Youngjae grumbled.

            Yongguk passed him up night vision binoculars, “This is the only way to make some high ground.”

            Youngjae swore silently as he held the binoculars to his face with one hand and used his other to grip a metal bar they had installed on the front of the van, “This is so not safe. Cee, you better go slowly.”

            “Don’t worry, I won’t let you fall,” Cee started inching the vehicle forward at a crawl once Daehyun and Yongguk had returned inside.

            “Aren’t they going to see the van from the house?” Zelo asked.

            “Not if we have it back far enough,” Yongguk said as he messed with his tousled and spiked black hair again.

            “Yongguk, you look fine,” Cee smirked, “With the amount of times you have messed with your hair someone would think you were turning into Himchan.”

            “Is that something his girlfriend should really be saying?” Daehyun teased, chuckling as Cee gave him a pointed look through the rearview mirror. He pretended not to see as he swept his light brown bangs to the side.

            Yongguk lowered his hands, annoyed, “Was gel really necessary?”

            Youngjae knocked on the roof once. Cee stopped the van at his sign. Zelo popped out the back, “You good here?”

            Youngjae nodded, “We should be far enough away and I have a mostly clear view of the house.”

            “Sounds good,” Daehyun jumped out and started stretching his back. “How far to the house?”

            “About 48 and a half meters,” Youngjae replied and then for Cee added, “Close to 160 feet.”

            Cee rolled her eyes as she got out of the van, “Youngjae, I completely mastered the metrics system on Block B’s boat.”

            Zelo passed Youngjae his long-ranged rifle, which he set up promptly, now using his scope to view the house.

            “Sure took you long enough,” Daehyun didn’t look at her as he stretched his arms and legs but, she still glared at his back.

            “Can you hear Himchan from here?” Zelo asked.

            “No—wait, they just pulled up,” Youngjae said as he saw a deep blue Ferrari Spider roll up to the front of the house they were staking out now, “Himchan, you hear me?”

            “Well, this sure is in the middle of nowhere,” Youngjae heard Himchan exclaim. Himchan and Jongup both got out of the car looking like rich billionaires in their grey and black suits, respectively. Himchan had his blondish pink hair, the youngest two had convinced him to do, tousled but pulled the front. Jongup had his pitch black hair up in spikes, a comfortable smile on his face. As Himchan rounded the car he and Cee had stolen earlier in the week he made an ‘ok’ sign behind his back so Youngjae could see. He joined up with Jongup and started walking to the front door.

            “This spot will do then,” Youngjae sighed.

            “No problems with the doorman?” Cee asked while finishing getting ready. She checked that her dark brown bangs were snugged pinned to the side, ran her hands over the knifes on her back, zipped up she black jacket, and put her handgun in her cargo pant’s pocket.

            “Looks like they are okay,” Yongguk said, looking through binoculars.

            “Lots of laughs with the doorman. Himchan, don’t forget to ask if we are the last ones here,” Youngjae reminded their undercover and stared at him.

            He watched Himchan pat the man’s shoulder, “Sorry, we are so late. I suppose we are the last ones. Is there still room for you to park my car?”

            “Even being the last one here doesn’t keep you from getting a parking spot, sir. I’ll take good care of it.”

            “Not sure if that answered our question,” Youngjae mumbled.

            Himchan wrapped his arm around the man’s shoulders and started bring him to the car, talking about how to handle it, as if he truly knew all the details. Jongup took the opportunity to get a look at the list the man had left behind. Once the doorman/valet took the car away, Himchan returned to Jongup.

            “We are the last here,” Jongup said.

            “Had I known it would have been that easy to get rid of him I would have sent Yongguk and Jongup up closer,” Youngjae shook his head. “Continue with the plan.”

            Daehyun looked towards the house, “We better be going.”

            “Same here,” Cee said next to Zelo. “Sure you’ll be okay, Youngjae?”

            Youngjae waved them off, “I’m more worried about you all going without mics and cameras.”

            “Because someone broke the others,” Daehyun glared at Cee.

            “Only because you left them out!”

            “Not the time,” Yongguk growled making everyone quiet. “Let’s get this guy so I can get out of this damn thing.

            “Oh!” Youngjae stopped them, “Himchan says security is lax inside. Still, watch out for potential risks on your way.”

            “Let’s roll,” Yongguk said.

            Youngjae saluted Yongguk and went back to his tablet where he finished his hack on the security cameras and started the recording for their loop. Yongguk lead the way towards the house. Cee and Zelo were on either side of him and Daehyun, guns out.  

            The ground was hard with little debris on the ground so the group decided to speed up. Once they could see the house, Yongguk and Daehyun slowed down to keep from sweating. Cee and Zelo gave Yongguk a salute and picked up their speed, rounding the house towards the garage.

            “I wish we could watch the hyungs knock out the guard,” Zelo whispered as the doorman was jogging back to his post.

            Cee smiled, “Does it feel weird not seeing what everyone is doing?”

            “A little… but I’m glad to be out in the field.”

            Cee nodded and slowed as they headed out of the cover of the trees. She was about to go into the garage, hoping for a ladder when Zelo laid his hand on her shoulder. Immediately she tensed looking for the enemy only for Zelo shake his head, guilty he had given her the wrong impression. Seeing his bright red locks bouncing to his head shake, Cee again considered telling him to change his attention grabbing hair color. Zelo then he pointed to the back. Cee scrunched her eyebrows but followed him. Cee smiled and patted him on the back for his discovery of a giant ladder, possibly used by the gardeners to tame the ivy, already outside.

            To their surprise there was even an open window nearby them. They carried the ladder to the window, then climbed in a hurry. With no mics to keep them organized they were doing this by time.

            They carefully climbed into the dark room, trying not to bump anything. Cee went to a crouch and pulled her rifle scope out of her cargo pant pocket to get a look of the room.

            “Guest bedroom,” Zelo whispered.

            Cee nodded and checked her watch, “We’ll come back to grab what we can later.”

            Slowly, they crept to the door and peered out before opening it all the way. With all the rooms on the upper floor dark, Youngjae had guessed that no one was up there. They could only hope it stayed that way. The top floor was only a hallway with rooms and possibly bathrooms running down it with a stairway in the middle on the right side. Still low to the ground, the duo made their way to the lengthy stairway. It wasn’t a great hideout but, they could see the front door, and some of the ballroom below. Cee was crouching as she peered around the corner and Zelo, being the taller one, was leaned over her so his head was inches above hers.

            The man Himchan and Jongup had heard about this event from had called it a ‘party.’ They knew better though. This was a get together to buy women. From their view Cee couldn’t see the women and didn’t know what condition they were in. The only people walking around were men in suits, joking with one another as if this was a normal occurance.

            “Hyungs just walked in,” Zelo whispered. Cee looked and made eye contact with Yongguk

            Cee then raised her hand and directed his head to the left more, “There is Himchan and Jongup. Keep your gun down until they make contact with Santiago.”

            “See him?”

            “Not yet,” Cee scanned the room, looking for the man they came to kill while keeping an eye on her group members.

            “Yongguk hyung looks pissed,” Zelo whispered, “He isn’t good at this undercover thing.”

            Cee sighed as she looked at him again, “No he isn’t. And he isn’t even mingling.”

            “At least smile, Hyung…”

            Cee frowned as she noticed he was heading in almost a straight line to the back, “,” she breathed out. “Zelo, gun up and ready.”

            “Noona?” He asked but, still pulled his rifle off his back.

            Cee raised her modified handgun and had it trained on a guard by the window, “He must be heading for Santiago. Daehyun already slipped Himchan and Jongup their weapons.”

            Yongguk stopped once just to check everyone was in position, Cee and Zelo at the stairs, Himchan at the side of the room, while Jongup and Daehyun hurried toward where the women must have been. Yongguk walked two more steps, out of Cee’s view, and immediately after a gunshot was heard. As shouts began to fill the air, Cee shot the guard she was aiming at while Zelo, above her, shot another. Cee saw Himchan pull out a mach 10 and starting with those near the doors, opposite Yongguk, Daehyun, and Jongup, let the bullets fly. The stream of bullets didn’t stop as he started moving the gun towards the other side of the room.

            Zelo shot a guard running towards Himchan.

            Cee holstered her gun and tapped Zelo’s chest, asking him to back up, “We aren’t needed down there.”

            Zelo sighed quietly, once again sad he wasn’t part of the main action.

            “Come on,” Cee said heading back to the room they entered from, “Let’s get our pay.”

            Zelo chuckled at her joke, the sound completely foreign against the screams of death coming from downstairs, “We are looking for money?”

            “How else are we going to pay for all those bullets Himchan is using?” Cee joked.

            A siren filled the air and a female voice, “Self-destruct in 90 seconds.”

            “ing hell!?” Cee cussed.

            “There is an alarm?!” Zelo asked as they rummaged through a room.

            “I don’t even know how it was set off! I hope they were able to kill everyone.”

            They split up and searched with little to show for it, except for a few pieces of jewelry they would have to pawn.

            “Let’s try one more room!” 

            “I hope the hyungs have more luck,” Zelo stared downstairs as they dashed to the next room.

            “Locked!” Cee shouted. Zelo kicked the door down for her. With a locked room meant there were things behind it that needed to be hidden. ‘Jackpot!’

            Zelo the light and immediately paused on his way to the dresser. Cee stared at the bed with him.

            A woman laid there, passed out. Her long wavy brown locks curved around her face and flowed to her shoulder blades. She was in a tight deep blue dress and black high heels. In that condition it looked like she had been placed there.

            “Noona! What do we do?” Zelo asked.

            Cee ran to her and checked that she was breathing. It was both a blessing and a curse that she was.

            “40 seconds,” The robotic female voice calmly reported.

            ‘What the hell… take her instead of looking for money or leave her to die...’

            “! Zelo help me,” Cee pulled the obviously drugged woman up and placed her on Zelo’s back. “Can you carry her?”

            “I got her noona,” Zelo replied.

            “Run for the front door!” Cee directed.

            “20 seconds,” The voice announced as they hit the ground floor.

            “Zelo! Run faster!” Cee shouted, realizing they both wouldn’t make it through the front door and far enough away from the blast in time.

            “I’m trying!” Zelo panted, trying to run and jump over blood, bullets, and dead bodies.

            Cee shot multiple times at the window near the front door and sped towards it as Zelo ran to the door. She jumped through the window, hands covering her face and landed hard on the ground just as Zelo got outside. With the 10 second countdown beginning she couldn’t waste time babying her injuries, instead she jumped to her feet, caught up to Zelo and began pushing him from behind, trying to help him move faster.

            “1…”

            “Down!” Cee shouted and pushed Zelo extra hard to make him fall  and land on top of him and the girl.

            The sound of the boom was so loud it hurt their ears and then came the heat, followed by debris that hit them just as they hit the ground. Cee tried to use her body as a shield for the youngest, keeping the incoming objects away from him. This battle against the explosion seemed to last minutes but, it was only seconds Cee had to endure the heat at her back and the flying wood and metal pipes.

            Satisfied nothing else was coming for them, Cee rolled off of Zelo and hissed at the pain when she hit the ground.

            Zelo rolled over too, letting the still unconscious girl fall off him as he sat up. He coughed, “I thought we were going to die.”

            Cee panted, “Me too.”

            Zelo coughed again, “It was so hard to breathe on the bottom.”

            Cee sat up and playfully hit his arm, “Punk.”

            Zelo smiled back and seeing his cute face with dirt and soot on it, Cee started laughing. Zelo joined in and their laughter became louder as they leaned against each other. The adrenaline pumping through their veins from the near death experience had them on a high.

            ‘I must be crazy…’

            Soon their laughter died down, leaving them panting and with clearer heads.

            “We have to get back. The guys are probably worried about us,” Cee groaned as she stood up.

            “What do we do with her?” Zelo pointed to their unconscious female.

            Cee sighed, “I think we have to take her with us.”

            “Really?”

            “We really are in the middle of nowhere,” Cee looked around. “I don’t even hear police yet.”

            Zelo groaned, “You are worried about someone grabbing her?”

            “Or something. Want me to carry her?”

            “No, I’ll do it,” Zelo grumbled as they fumbled with putting her on his back.

            They started the long trek to the van.

            “Zelo!? Cee?!”

            “Oh, thank God,” Cee turned to the voice, “Himchan!”

            “Cee!” They could hear the voice coming towards them.

            “Zelo!” Yongguk’s voice shouted over the sound of rustling trees.

            “Hyung!”

            It wasn’t long before the two oldest were in view running towards them. Within seconds, Yongguk and Himchan had their arms around them.

            “Are you both okay?” Yongguk asked.

            “We’re fine,” Cee breathed out in relief.

            “What’s this?” Himchan grabbed something near Cee’s arm and Cee groaned. “You had a piece of wood sticking out of you.”

            “Not too big I hope.”

            Himchan showed them all a piece of wood the length of hand and Cee shrugged, “Could have been worse.”

            “It could have,” Himchan threw the offending object and then held her face in his face.

            “Who is this?” Yongguk asked, looking at the woman on Zelo’s back in confusion.

            “Please take her,” Zelo almost whined, “My back is killing me after carrying her down the stairs.”

            “We found her upstairs in one of the rooms passed out,” Cee explained as Yongguk took the girl from Zelo. “Even after everything she hasn’t woken up yet.”

            “Sure she isn’t dead?” Himchan asked while raising his hand to her neck to check her pulse.

            “I can feel her breathing,” Yongguk answered.

            “She was given some pretty impressive drugs then,” Himchan said, thinking about what the drug could be.

            “Guys!” Jongup waved his hand out of the van window while driving it.

            “Both hands on the wheel!” Cee shouted in worry for the boy who only had three driving lessons under his belt.

            Jongup chuckled, but returned his hands to the wheel before parking it near them.

            Youngjae and Daehyun ran out of the van and hugged Cee and Zelo.

            “We are okay, just some scratches,” Cee reassured them.

            “Maybe a broken rib,” Zelo sighed dramatically.

            Cee hit him again, “I’m not that heavy.”

            Daehyun laughed, “You jumped on him?”

            “Wasn’t sure if we were out of the blast radius,” Cee bit her lip, not happy with how close death had been.

            “I had two women on my back!” Zelo complained.

            Cee ruffled his red hair, batting sticks and dirt out at the same time. “I’ll take your night guard shift as thanks.”

            Zelo cheered, all negative thoughts gone.

            “Two?” Jongup looked around and then everyone noticed the extra woman on Yongguk’s back.

            “What are we doing with her?” Daehyun asked.

            Cee sighed, “I’m worried about leaving her alone.”

            They looked around the area, trees, and surrounded them with the burning pieces of the houses all around.

            “She’ll come with us,” Yongguk said decisively.

            She was put in the back while everyone piled in, Himchan settled into the driver seat. Cee exhaled, finally starting to relax as they pulled away from the scene of their crime.

            Yongguk, in the passenger seat, looked back at Cee, “You are in charge of her.”

            Cee blinked, “Me??”

            Yongguk smirked, pointing to his wrist, “Female division leader, right?”

            Cee looked down at her wristband she knew Yongguk was mentioning which did indeed say that on the back. “She isn’t a part of the group.”

            Yongguk shrugged and turned back to the front window, “She’s still female so, you make the decisions.”

            Cee’s jaw dropped, not believing the situation. She had only been a part of B.A.P for a few months. Finally, she was becoming accustomed to how things worked and her position within the group and now she was being thrown a curveball. She didn’t want to make decisions about someone else’s life.

            “Remember, she isn’t someone to be tortured,” Daehyun looked past Zelo at her with a serious face.

            She glared at him, “Contrary to what you may believe, I don’t want to torture people, Daehyun.”

            He smirked, “Just wanted to remind you. She isn’t someone to practice on or anything just because people won’t miss her.”

            “I swear to GOD!” Cee shouted in frustration as the rest of the guys laughed.

            “Didn’t that seem too easy?” Jongup spoke up over the laughter.

            Youngjae patted Jongup’s thigh, “Not all of them have to be like our battle against SM.”

            Zelo stretched, “So, we wait for this girl to wake up, get her to safety, and then we get to leave?”

            Yongguk nodded.

            “So ready to leave this heat,” Cee complained for the millionth time, “Let’s get the hell out of here.” 


a/n: I'm back! I am so SO SO sorry for leaving you guys hanging for so long. It has been... rough haha. Still don't have a lot of time but, I'm going to try!!

Also, I hear you "But, I thought Santiago was the main enemy? Are they not staying in Mexico??"

Bare with me. I promise I've got the answers you seek coming up.

 

AND, remember comment/message me if there is something you wanna know or want to see more of from like Really Living or V@S. 

 

LOVE YOU MY PRECIOUS READERS!!! <3
Words cannot express.