The Seed of Effort

When Your Heart Rebels

         "Good morning, Taemin."

          Taemin's eyebrows furrowed at the sight of Minho sitting awkwardly on the couch, fingers knitted together tightly. He rubbed his eyes, unsure if this is a dream or reality, because as far as he knows, it was a Monday and Mondays required Minho at work. By the time his vision cleared and he saw a squirming Minho blinking up at him, he had concluded it was reality and was curious on why the latter was still here.

   "What are you doing here?" Taemin asked balantly. "You're supposed to be at work."

       Minho squirmed yet again on the couch. "That- I took a day off from work." he sighed.

       "Oh?" Taemin raised an uninterested (or so he says) eyebrow. "Why bother doing that now, when you've never done it before?" 

    Minho opened his mouth, daring himself to say something, but closed it again. What was he supposed to say? 'Hey, Taem, just thought I'd take a day off from work to spend time with you, which, by the way, I've never done in three years'? Now that would make him one weird man.

         Upon hearing no answer to his question, Taemin took it as Minho being too lazy to go to work. "Doesn't matter. I'll be in my room." he shrugged.

        "I made breakfast," came a squeak from the couch.

        "I'm not hungry." Taemin replied, closing the bedroom door with a slight bang.

- - - - - - -

         It was about noon when a slight knock on the door startled Taemin, as he was typing away on his laptop in bed. In peeked Minho, eyes blinking innocently, as Taemin raised an eyebrow to question his presence. Minho seemed nervous, wiping his hands on his shorts, his eyes occasionally widening like it always does when he's anxious.

     "Um," he stated, placing a foot inside the room. "Ca-Can I come in?"

     "It's our room," Taemin stated balantly. "You can do whatever you want."

       Upon hearing this, Minho shuffled quietly into the room, sitting on edge of the bed, staring at Taemin as if he was waiting for an answer to a deadly question.

     "So?" Taemin asked, feeling so done with Minho staring at him that way. 

       Minho snapped out of his trance, his eyes bulging as he his lips nervously. "I-I was just wondering," he stuttered, beads of sweat forming on his forehead. When did it become so hard to ask Taemin out? "I was wondering if, you know- Would you like to go out for some ice-flakes?"

       "Why?"

       "Because."

       "Because why?"

       "It's-It's hot."

       "It's 21°C outside."

       "It's still hot."

        "No."

        "No why?"

        "Because."

        "Because why?"

        "Just because."

      Minho stared at Taemin, looking so much like a kicked puppy, that no matter how much Taemin tried not to give in, the words of defeat were right at the tip of his tongue. Minho sighed, his head lowered as stood up to walk out of the room, his mouth carved in a small pout.

     Taemin sighed in defeat. "Fine."

     Minho raised his head, turning it so swiftly his muscles squeaked. "Wha-What?"

      "I said fine. Now get out, I need to change."

   Taemin's mouth raised up in a small smile as he discreetly watched Minho bounding out of his room, a wide smile across his face, and exclaimations of happiness flying around in small whispers.

- - - - - - 

     "Taem, there's something on your face."

       Taemin frowned as he grabbed a tissue and tried to find the stained spot on his face. Minho smiled endearingly, Taemin tended to be a messy eater since the start of their relationship, but Minho had done nothing but watch the boy clean himself up. Now, he grabbed the tissue from Taemin's hands and bent up to carefully swipe the younger's stained cheeks. Taemin blushed furiously, his cheeks turning an angry pink as he tried to hide his face in the crooks of his neck. "Th-Thank you."

       Minho laughed as he watched the cute boy, his heart swelling with love at the sight of the blushing Taemin. "You're welcome, now can we go out? It's a fine weather today."

        Taemin nodded, watching as Minho slided a few bills across the table. As he was about to rush out the dessert shop, he felt Minho's warm hands tugging at his wrist, his fingers weaving between Taemin's sweaty ones. Taemin's head shot up in suprise, but all he got was a small smile from Minho, his eyes a gesture of silent pleading. He looked away, his face flushing yet again, as he stuttered. "W-We better get going. It's getting hot outside."

       No one is able to describe the fluttering feelings in Minho's chest and the extra skip of his heartbeat as Taemin clutched his fingers around Minho, their two warm hands becoming one.

- - - - - -

Another update!!! 

And this time it's a fluff!!! XD I hope it was fluffy enough :) I at fluffy stuff XP 

Thanks to all the subscribers and commenters!!! ^^ Please don't stop commenting, it's all of you that makes my day

<3

KimSungHee (Kryss)