Silent Heart

Your Heart's in Danger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Footsteps echoed off the walls of the small hospital room. They were probably mine, but I couldn't really tell as I walked up to Jimin's hospital bed. Holding back angry tears, I stared at him. There were so many wires and tubes connected to him that I was surprised it didn't bother him. The only visible parts of my baby were his fragile arms and sunken in face. I don't think he knew I was there, how could he with his eyes closed and facial features so serene. I took a chair from beside the door and dragged it to his bed. I plopped down in it and took his small hand. Never has he felt so cold. 

"Hey, babe. It's me, Jungkook." I leaned my face close to his ear so I would be comforted at the thought of him being able to hear me. "How are you doing?"

Silence.

I smiled sadly. "Are you comfortable here? What kind of food do you eat? Are the workers nice?"

More silence.

I bit my bottom lip to hold back the frustration of not being able to hear him ramble on about anything and everything. When I finally had control of my emotions, I layed my forehead on his and closed my eyes. "When we get out of here, we are going to walk in the most beautiful parts of Seoul. We are going to dance every day, too." I felt his forehead shift.

Opening my eyes, I saw his beautiful smiling face. He was smiling. He had heard me.  

Overjoyed, I began babbling. "Can you imagine us going on our first trip away from here? Where do you think you would want to go? I think America would be nice. Or maybe even Brazil! Haven't you always wanted to go to America? That way you could keep practicing your singing and I could be there with you and it would-"

My heart nearly stopped as a memory collided with my brain.

Trees swayed in the chilled morning breeze, waving to my boyfriend and I as we walked in the park. He really wanted to come here, although I'm still unsure why. I mean, what's so great about a park anyway? Yeah it's nice and all but it's freezing out here! He called me at like 5 in the morning because he really wanted to take a walk. God he's lucky I love him. Wait- do I love him? I mean, I like him a lot but isn't it too soon to say love? 

No. You have liked him for a very long time.

Yeah but we barely started dating-

And? 

Well he barely started liking me, so I can't love him.

Just because he barely started liking you doesn't mean you can't love him.

Yeah, but-

But what? Are your feelings only based on his?

No, but-

Then, you love him.

No I don't-

You love the way he laughs, the sound of his voice, his gorgeous body,-

Shut up.

You love him.

I hate it when I start having these mental conversations with myself. After I argued with myself for probably five minutes, I realized Jimin was trying to tell me something.

"Jungkook! Are you even listening?"

No I was too busy arguing with myself about you. "Yeah, I'm listening babe."

He pouted and pulled on my hand so I would face him. We stopped walking. "Then what did I say?"

Fuccckkkkk. "Um, well, which part?"

Jimin rolled his tiny eyes. "You weren't listening."

"Yes I was!"

He released my hand and crossed his arms.

"Jimiiinnn,"

I grabbed onto his shoulders. "Jimin I'm sorryyyyy,"

"Hmmph." He turned h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter