Chapter 3

Not Human

I stormed out the door and the halls seemed endless and I was just going in circles. I finally saw a grand door and figured it was the exit. I ran to the door and the cold breeze prickled my cheeks and I took in the sight. There was a huge fountain and beautiful roses of various colors. I stood for a few seconds then snapped out of it and walked towards the gates. It was closed but I climbed over it easily from my experience of ditching school. The streets were semi empty and I hailed a cab. I told the driver my address and he started driving. The car moved only for 5 seconds until there was a excruciating pain in my chest. I the the fabric in my chest area was bunched up by my fist  and my body fell onto the seat. 

"Are you okay little lady," he asked, worried.

"Please- stop - the cab," I barely huffed.

"I'll drive to the nearest hospital," he said while trying to start the engine, but I stopped him. 

"No, just please stop the cab," I pleaded and he reluctantly stopped, staring at me barely tumble out of the car and a certain someone's words kept ringing in my head.

"I told you you'll be crawling back to me," a low voice said and a shadow engulfed my fragile figure. I collapsed on the cold concrete and a pair of sturdy pair of arms lifted me up. I was too weak to protest and I just fell asleep in his arms which felt so secure. 

-----------------------------------------------------

I woke up in the same room and Jaehyun was sitting next to the end, his gaze directly at me. 

"The happened?" I cursed.

"Language," he scolded. 

"What happened?" I asked, ignoring him. 

"This is why you can't run away from me," he said.

"What did you do to me?" I glared.

"Well, there's one thing I didn't tell you. It's that once I've bit you, you can't be over a 1 mile radius of me or else you heart while be squeezed to death. This doesn't usually happen to humans, but then again, you aren't human," he answered. 

"What. The. ." I said in disbelief.

"What did I say about swearing?" he said. 

"Oh, you, you little . Like I care," I swore again, rolling my eyes. 

"Tsk Tsk Tsk, I think you need some punishment. This is good since I was getting hungry," he said, his lips, half his body now on the bed, advancing towards me. 

"No, not again," I said and I backed away and I tried to push him away by placing my hand on his chest in an desperate attempt to stop him.

"You know I don't have to feed off your neck," he said while grabbing my arm. I tried to pull away, but I stopped immediately as he bit into my wrist.

He lied.

It hurt like a at first and I barely stopped myself from screaming in pain. Surprisingly, the pain started to go away and I managed to look at him. He was indeed handsome with his pale skin, slender fingers, perfect pink lips, and a stunning face. It was unbelievable that now, I belong to someone. Like some piece property. It felt terrible, yet not so much since at least my owner is not an old ert. He retracted his teeth from my flesh and he the remaining blood off my wrist and his lips. I looked at him feeling slightly fatigued and he looked strangely impressed.

"What?" I asked.

"Most people would collapse after the amount of blood I just drank, yet, you're still wide awake and look, the puncture wound is starting to close already," he said and I looked at my wrist. He was right. The cut was closing up right in front of my eyes. 

"Let's go," he said while standing up.

"To where?" I asked, also standing up. 

"To get your stuff from your apartment. You're moving in right away," he said while walking towards the door. I had no choice but to follow and we ended up in his car. It was luxurious and not a speck of dust was in sight. I was stiff and he noticed, but only chuckled which caught my attention.

"You know, you're strangely cute," he said nonchalantly.

"What? I don't want to hear that from you," I pouted and blew my cheeks up which were flaming hot. 

"Yet your actions say otherwise," said and pinched my cheeks. I whined to let me go he he continued and laughed. I locked eyes for a second and he cleared his throat while letting my cheek go since he realized the sudden awkwardness. 

"Let's go," he stated flatly. 

"Uh, yeah," and with that, the car started off. 

We arrived at my apartment and I stepped out of the car first. I quickly ran to the elevator and held the door for Jaehyun. There was a ding and the doors split. 

I punched in my passcode still not believing that I was going to have to now live with him. I told Jaehyun to sit down as I gathered my stuff. I slowly took my suitcase out and reluctantly packed it, not wanting to leave. I was looking at each and every object that came to my hand, bringing back old memories which I never thought I still had. I moved to my closet and folded my clothes. Most were sweaters, hoodies, t shirts, and jeans. I took out all my underwear and sighed as it was the last thing to pack. Just to take more time, I folded them with  extra care. I was at the bottom of the basket when I saw an unfamiliar black lace. 

"When did I get this?" I said reaching for down for it in curiosity. I gasped as I proceeded to pull out a lingerie set which was definitely too racy for my tastes. It was my size and I kept looking at it in both confusion and awe since it was incredible how revealing it was, even if it is underwear, until a card fell out, softly landing on my lap. 

It read, "Use it well, you'll need it. ;) -Mom" 

I gave a chuckle  at my mother's ridiculousness and put the card safely in my wallet. I still held the garments up, not knowing what to do with it, whether to keep it or throw it away. I guess I was taking a bit too long because the door busted open, revealing an impatient Jaehyun. 

"What is taking so lo-" he stopped when his eyes fell onto the small piece of clothing in my hand I panicked. 

"This isn't mine!" I said while throwing it somewhere behind me. He gave me a questioning look, only to smirk and leave. I exhaled heavily and brought back the clothing. I decided to keep for a keepsake. And, well...  Future occasions. ;)

"I'm done," I said while emerging from my room,  dragging 2 big suitcase behind me. 

"Finally," he sighed while standing up, brushing off the imaginary dust off his shirt. I followed behind him and the whole ride back was deadly silent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

First off, I AM SOOOO SORRY EVERYONE!!!!!! I know I did state earlier that I wouldn't be able to update this fanfic often, but I think this was too long of a wait so would to apologize. It's testing for me and my school if doing this weird, new testing thing where there's testing for 3 WEEKS STRAIGHT!!! I am also sorry to say that I probably won't be able to update for a while since finals are coming up in a couple weeks and I have a MAJOR science and history project due soon so I would like to apologize in advance again. Thank you all my readers that continue to read my still very lacking fanfic. And as always,

Happy Reading!!!! :)