Appreciated

Appreciated

Sooyoung stared at her bowl of cereal, munching on some of it that's in . "Why does this taste different?"

Sunny rolled her eyes, taking a sip of her cold orange juice from her glass and dabbing her lips with a napkin. "Don't complain, we ran out of your favorite cereal so we're using mine's as a substitute."

"But it isn't Cheerios," Sooyoung scooped some cereal onto her spoon, examining it carefully at the detail and appearance. "I'm not saying your cereal isn't good, bunny, but this stuff ain't as good as Cheerios."

Sunny sighed anmoyingly while the other members could only chuckle at Sooyoung's typical behavior. "Just shut up and eat. While you're at it, you want some more?"

Sooyoung could only nod as she continued to digest her cereal, allowing Sunny to pour some more into her bowl. "Thanks," Sooyoung said after swallowing some that was in .

"We have practice today, right?" Yuri asked out of the blue, checking through her Instagram feed. "I think we're supposed to be training for our comeback this year."

"Oh yeah, we do," Tiffany answered, taking a sip of her morning coffee. "I remembered Taeyeon saying telling us about it yesterday. Speaking of her, I kinda feel bad for her."

"Why's that, unnie?" Yoona inquired, walking out of the kitchen, holding a plate of french toast and a glass of milk and setting it down on the table.

"It's just that... I don't know, I guess she's been really exhausted for the past week. I mean, She still have to do some things regarding her solo debut over a month ago, plus the frequent dance and studio rehearsals for our comeback," Tiffany showed her growing concern over the leader of the group. "She helped us with getting out of the van when it was raining hard yesterday, remember? She was all soaking wet from going back and forth with an umbrella in her hand, only just to help us get inside the dorm."

"Oh yeah, I remember that," Hyoyeon recalled, looking over the clock on the wall. "Shouldn't she be out of her room right now? It's already past 9:30."

"I'll go wake her up," Tiffany volunteered, getting up from her chair and started walking towards the leader's bedroom. Knowing her manners, she knocked on the door a couple of times before slowly opening it with a soft creak.

"Tae?" Tiffany called out in a gentle voice, her eyes scanning around the nearly dark room that was still lit by the lamp on the desk. She looked across and saw the small figure of the leader wrapped in a fortress of pillows and blankets shifting slightly on the bed, letting out a soft groan. The American could only shake her head and chuckled at the cute sight.

"Come on, you lazy , get up already. It's nearly 10 o'clock and we have practice later, just like you said yestersay," Tiffany said, giggling once again when she heard Taeyeon groaning. She walked towards the bed, and yanked the covers away from the girl's body. "Hurry up, Tae, get up-"

Tiffany stopped mid sentence when she saw Taeyeon immediately curling up into a ball whilst wrapping her arms around her body as she groaned even loudly. Her lips trembled at the sudden freezing temperature surrounding her body, shutting her eyes even tighter in the process. The other girl standing over the petite girl reacted quickly, placing her hand on Taeyeon's forehead and widening her eyes as she felt how hot it was.

"Tae? Tae, can you get up? Is it okay for you, do you have the energy?" Taeyeon could only nod, in which Tiffany ran towards the closet and picked the nearest jumper she could find. "Alright, Tae, here. Let's get up, okay?" Gently pulling the girl up with her hands, Tiffany wrapped her arm around Taeyeon's waist and slowly helped the sick girl walk out of the room. She tried to be careful as the other girl would often groan each and every five steps.

Nearly reaching the living room, Sooyoung instantly spot the two girls walking towards the couch and was startled at the state Taeyeon was in. She got up from her seat and started to lend a helping hand to Tiffany in order to set Taeyeon slowly down on the couch. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, what happenned? What's wrong with Taeyeon?"

Everyone at the table turned their attention to what Sooyoung had said. Dozens of chairs screeched, and forks and spoons made contact with plates as all the girls gathered around in worry watching Taeyeon slowly sitting down on the couch. The leader let out another groan, rubbing her forehead when a headache started to occur again.

"Tiff, can you get some of our medicines in the bathroom? Sooyoung, get Taeyeon some of Yoona's french toast and a warm glass of water, hurry. Yuri, go grab some pillows and a big blanket in Tae's room, asap," Sunny quickly made orders, in which all three of the said people complied without hesitation. Sitting herself beside the sick girl, she frowned when she felt her forehead was extremely hot. "Tae, you alright? Can you still hear me?"

Taeyeon coughed slightly, groaning in pain as her dry throat wasn't really helping. "I'm not dying, you drama queen."

Sunny chuckled, even though deep inside she didn't want to hear the word 'dying' right now. Yuri suddenly came in with Taeyeon's large blanket and a couple of her pillows, handing them to Sunny while covering the sick leader's body in an igloo of wramth. Taeyeon sighed in relief as she couldn't feel the freezing temperatures of Antartica that is the dorm.

Sooyoung came in, and set Yoona's plate of french toast and a glass of warm milk on the table. Not too long after, Tiffany rushed in with a handful of medicine.

"I don't know which one it is, so I took all of them," Tiffany said, putting them down on the table as she looked Taeyeon with guilt and pity. "Damn it, you shouldn't have gone out in the rain yestersay, Tae."

"I couldn't help it," Taeyeon coughed, clearing her dry throat. Her voice was rather hoarse and raspy. "I couldn't let you guys get soaking wet, so I sacrificed myself just for all of you. You can thank me later."

"Jesus Christ, don't scare us like that, I thought you had freaking cancer or something," Sooyoung eyes widened at the realization that struck her. "Oh my God, please don't tell me you have cancer. Please tell me that you're only sick, Taeyeon!"

"Sooyoung, shut up," Taeyeon groaned as she shut her eyes. "You're being too damn noisy..."

"Guys, I'm gonna call our manager that we can't come to practice today," Hyoyeon said, grabbing her car keys from the kitchen counter. "In the meantime, I'm going outside to buy lunch for everyone. Anyone want to come with?"

"I'll go. Yoong, you wanna come too?" Seohyun invited Yoona, which the girl nodded in reply. The three girls excused themselves out of the dorm, leaving only the remaining five gathering around the living room.

Tiffany grabbed the plate of french toast and tore it into seperate pieces, asking for Taeyeon's permission to feed her in which the latter nodded. "You gotta get some food in your stomach, then drink up some of your medicine. Alright?"

Taeyeon chuckled, munching on the toast she was being fed to. "I'd rather watch a movie first, eat some lunch then take my medicine after that. How's that sound?"

Sunny gave the sick girl a glass of warm water, in which the latter thanked the short girl for. "Well, at least you're not violating the rules of 'what not to do when you're being ill', so why not? Whatcha wanna watch?"

Taeyeon pondered for a moment, coughing slightly during the process. "I'm sorta craving for some Benedict Cumberbatch. Do we have The Imitation Game?"

"Uh, yeah, Tiffany bought it two weeks ago. I'll just go ahead and settle it down on the DVD player. Hey, Sooyoung, can you go help Yuri make some popcorn for us?"

"Oh, ho ho ho, with pleasure," Sooyoung grinned, walking beside Yuri into the kitchen as Sunny searched upon the many stack of DVDs and CDs the girls own, trying to find the specific Cumberbatch film.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with a wide smile that seemed to reach her eyes. "You've been keeping up with the new season of Sherlock, haven't you?"

Taeyeon grinned, shrugging her shoulders. "I may have, or have not, earned a new favorite TV series on my list. Though, I still don't get why people ship Johnlock, it's just... bizarre."

"Welcome to the world of fandoms," Tiffany said, followed by laughter from herself and Taeyeon as well.

---

Sooyoung sniffed, wiping her eyes with some tissue. "God, why does humanity have to be so cruel?"

Seohyun sighed, clearly embarassed at the older girl. "Unnie, there's nothing we could do about it. It's Murphy's law; anything that can happen will happen."

"Yeah, but how can they be such ing idiots? Like seriously, imagine the world we live in right now if people were still closeminded and disgusted by the fact that homouality is abnormal. I would've hated being a human if it meant I have to live in a world with an ideology like that," Sooyoung expressed her emotions as the credits roll in the TV screen, amusing everyone over the girl's over-frustration.

All of the girls have eaten their lunch whilst watching the movie, since they weren't completely full with just cereal. So, pizza and burgers were the main course. Taeyeon was still getting used to eating junk food, but she has come to admire American food as much Tiffany does.

Taeyeon giggled at Sooyoung's rather ridiculous behavior before she felt a very uneasy feeling in her stomach. She groaned in pain, causing everyone to turn their attention towards their leader and asking what's wrong. Right before Taeyeon was about to reply to any of their questions, she knealed down and vomitted on the floor.

The girls gathered around in worry and trying to calm the sick girl down as Taeyeon continues to puke out her lunch onto the wooden-tiled floor. Tiffany the leader's back gently, while Sunny rushed in bringing a mop and some tissues.

When Taeyeon had finally calm down, she began to mutter apologies to no one in particular as the other girls started to clean up the floor and the food. Tiffany couldn't do anything more than to wipe the beads of sweat on Taeyeon's forehead. "Stop apologizing, Tae, you didn't do anything wrong."

Taeyeon looked up at the other girl, stating into her eyes before speaking, "Why?"

Tiffany finished wiping the sweat on the girl's forehead with a tissue, and set it down near the table. She raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What?"

Taeyeon coughed a little, and sniffed. "It's just... why would- why would you, and the girls, would just cancel practice like that because of me? Why would you waste your time accompanying a sick individual like me here, when you can start rehearsing for our next comeback? Why would you do that for me?"

"Because, Tae," Sunny appeared from the kitchen sitting on Taeyeon's left, the opposite of Tiffany. "We couldn't really do anything without you. I mean, without you, we couldn't function properly. We would be like little kids running around without our parents keeping an eye on us."

"I agree with Sunny," Yuri said, standing in front of the TV after turning it off. "You're just like a mother to us. A dorky, erted, idiot-at-times, young mother who takes care of us at our best and worst."

Sooyoung nodded, and crossed her arms. "And who gives a damn about practice? We ain't going anywhere without you, and that's final. Plus I would miss being bossed around, and getting yelled by my favorite ahjumma leader, and I mean it as a good thing."

Taeyeon laughed at Sooyoung's undeniable sense of humor and quirky sentences, and sniffed. "Do you- do you really mean that?"

"Of course they mean it, Tae. Look, here's the thing," Tiffany said, wrapping her arm around Taeyeon and pulling her closer to her. "Consider this as us owing you big time yesterday, and this is how we return it. Also, I'm very positive that your dongsaengs love you as much as we do."

"Taeyeon-unnie is the best leader in the world! I couldn't ask for a better leader than you, unnie," Yoona exclaimed, with Seohyun smiling genuinely at Taeyeon and nodding cutely.

Hyoyeon chuckled, putting her hands in her pocket. "All I'm saying is, we appreciate everything you've done for us and for that, we are eternally grateful."

Tears started to form in Taeyeon's eyes, trickling down the leader's face as she sniffed. "You guys..."

"Dawww, looks like someone needs a hug. Commence group hug, everyone!" Tiffany shouted, and soon, all of the girls starting swarming around the short girl in a big, warm embrace. They shared a round of laughter, enjoying the company of one another in a form of intimacy.

Taeyeon looked up when she heard a small sound of a picture taken. "Whatcha doing there, Hyo?"

"Snapchatting Jessica so we can show off our group hug of awesomeness," Hyoyeon smirked when she got a reply from the girl in just a few seconds. "She said she wants to join the fun, too."

"Tell her that we have enough room to hug Mama Taetae here," Taeyeon joked, making everyone laugh at the dorky attitude the girl had despite being sick.

At least she has seven lovely girls to keep her company in a day full of blankets, pillows, tissues, and a whole lot of movies to watch with.