☾ • six •

☾rescent | HIATUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A bubble emerged from the skies as it plopped down in the middle of a dark and misty city, gently onto the ground.

“This is new.” Fai smiled, standing up from his crouch.

“Not necessarily for me.” CL muttered.

“Have you been here before?” Syaoran questioned.

“Yes and no. This looks a lot like a modern-day Korea that I have been to. However, this looks more blood-red, dark and wrecked as opposed to what I’m used to.” CL told him.

“Modern-day?” Kurogane asked. “What do you mean modern-day?”

“A world where there are cars, cities and people with large office buildings, a lot like the Japan that we have come from. But all in Korean. However, the vibe here is different and there was a lot less corpses lying around.” CL examined. Looking around, everything looked crushed and demolished. Buildings were broken off, buildings chipped, large cracks broke off the roads and the cement were all uneven. The streets were covered in corpses and blood and every things such as cars and shops are either flipped over or crushed.

“Now that you mention it, there is a rotten pungent in the air.” Fai responded.

“Mokona doesn’t like this.” Mokona mumbled.

“This doesn’t feel right.” Kurogane stated, gripping tightly onto the sword he was holding onto. He wore a stern and defensive expression, as if he was able to murder someone any minute. CL closed her eyes and listened attentively to her surroundings. Suddenly opening her eyes, she revealed her blood-red eye and swiftly turned around, unsheathing the invisible katana that she had always carried around on her back. Quickly, she blocked the attack that approached behind her and pushed the beast backwards on his feet.

The beast looked like a black wolf with very muscular arms and legs with pointy ears, big sharp claws and beady red eyes. Howling at the moon, it turned it’s attention back to CL and pounced. Jumping upwards, CL charged down from the air and sliced the beast easily in half. The body parts slid apart and crashes onto the ground, blood pooling everywhere. Turning around, Kurogane unsheathed his own sword and killed the next dog that approached them.

Quickly, the wolves grew into a larger pack, surrounding them so that they had no other option but to fight back. Syaoran lifted his right arm and then quickly swiped it down in the air which revealed a fire sword of his own as Fai opened his palm where ice crystals emerged.

“This is going to be the most fun that I’ll ever have in a long time.” Kurogane smirked.

“Don’t get too cocky Kuro-pu. We still don’t know what these are.” Fai warned.

“Shut up and fight.” Kurogane grinned, charging into the wolves in front of him.

“Like I wouldn’t.” Fai smiled, swiping his hand towards himself which sent the ice crystals flying towards his enemies like darts. Syaoran and CL said nothing but dashed for their enemies and slicing them to pieces. Syaoran’s slices sent his enemies flaming to ashes as CL’s cuts ripped the enemies limb from limb.

“You sure kill without mercy.” Kurogane noted.

“I can say the same about you.” CL smirked. Working together, they cleared the area from wolves within minutes and when they were finished, the streets were stained with more and more blood and corpses than there was when they first arrived.

“I see you all have this taken care of.” a man standing atop a building called out. They all averted their attention towards the man in the trench coat who hopped off the building, landing gracefully on his feet and then approached them.

“You do not look like ordinary human, but you don’t look like any harm either.” he told them.

“No harm? That’s quite ironic to say to those who have just brutally killed a bunch of creatures.” Fai laughed.

“I see good in all of you. And I think we can use your help. If you’d please, I’d like you to meet my crew.” he gestured.

“Your crew?” Kurogane questioned, clearly not trusting the man.

“My apologies. Let me introduce myself. My name is Shin Soohyun, it is a pleasure.” he let out a hand for a friendly handshake which Kurogane rejected and Fai accepted. Examining his profile, CL figured that he was of no harm so she hid her red eye and just smiled at there conversation.

“We’d love to help you. Especially in a place and time like this.” Fai smiled broadly. “Right Kuro-pun?” Kurogane let out a growl but said nothing else and just followed their lead.

~

Walking into a large ship, Soohyun lead them inside where the head of the ship is. At the doorway inside the room was a bell which he rung. “Please wait for a moment.” he requested. Moments later, nine people, mixed of boys and girls, walked in swiftly into the room and lined up horizontally in front of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter