Save me not

DECEMBER RAIN

NOTES FROM THE AUTHOR:

Hi December Rain readers!

I'll be on a long vacation so I might be on a hiatus. But imma post teasers of what's about to happen in the upcoming chapters.

 

Lots of love,

TheDorkProof

 

CHAPTER 8. Save me not

The rain ceased right when my tear ducts stopped squeezing tears. If only the lamp posts on the park did not light up, I wouldn't have recognized it's already nighttime. I ran to the nearest bus stop and headed home. Soon as I found myself walking through the narrow streets on a misty night, everything felt weird and unusual it's making me insane. For every step, I feel like someone's going to pop out and kill me. Add to that the crazy fact that the streetlights started to flicker. I ran with heavy breathing it made me look more insane. When I got into my apartment, I immediately changed into dry clothes. But before I could even think of plunging into the bed and sleep, I changed plans. My knees grew weak. I'm still being haunted by the idea of Jae Won so I decided not to spend the night in my room. And the only place I could think of to spend the night at, is at the Big Hit Ent company building.

Getting inside the building wasn't quite difficult as I expected. Lucky me, the guard left the main entrance door open while he enjoyed his nap. Of course I had keys to the dressing rooms because I'm the head make-up artist and stylist remember? It was weird though because the practice room was open and unlocked and lights were left open. I did not take that path. I proceeded to the dressing room where a sofa is waiting for me. But before I could get there I passed by a room that has all the things that could possibly magnetize and pull me. It's a music room. I've seen this place over the internet. This is what the boys call the Bangtan Room!

 

Do they really keep the rooms unlocked?”, I sighed while I talked to myself. I sneaked in and locked the door. It was one of those rooms I had back in the mansion. There was a drum set, a set of both acoustic and electronic guitars, condenser microphones, a keyboard piano and a whole lot of gadgets and electronics meant to record music.

Believing no one was around and that the room was soundproof anyway, my fingers itched to play the instruments. My fascination over songwriting and instruments and music mixing is really unfathomable. I could say I could live in a music room for like forever. I have always dreamed of becoming a Kpop solo artist. Dad had always been too busy back then I can't even tell him I have been performing a lot of my original songs in school variety shows. I wish he wasn't taken too early so he could at least hear me play the drums he gave me as a gift on my nineteenth birthday.

I was so absorbed that I totally forgot about everything that bugged me out the whole day. I started playing the acoustic guitar with one of my original songs I wrote for Jungkook and did a whole lot of singing I felt I was on cloud nine.

Yet that was not until I heard the door creak open. I do not know how it happened but I felt like I turned into a female version of The Flash and grabbed my bag and placed the guitar to where it initially was.

I jumped to the light switch and turned it off real quick. The room went really dark so I chanced upon the idea of sneaking into one of the closets. My heart raced. Could Jae Won be following me? All my feels went back in an instant. I was shivering as I peeked into the artistic holes of the closet. I saw a silhouette of a guy which had my heartbeat race even more. He turned the switch on and paced inside.

 

It was Jungkook.

I swear I heard someone play a song here,” he whispered. He examined the whole room. But when he started to move near the closet, I was silently screaming my heart out. He shouldn't see me! I'm not wearing prosthetics!!

His breathing became even more audible as he moved towards where I was hopelessly hiding. He grabbed the closet door and . . .

 

Yes, hello? … Don't worry hyung. I'm at the practice room. I'll be spending the night here. Please tell the others not to worry. I'm okay.”

 

And then he backed off and turned the lights out at the same time. Perhaps that was Jin on the phone and his maternal instincts checking on Jungkook's whereabouts. The last thing I heard him say was, “Maybe the ghost stories were real.” Gladly, among the Bangtan Boys, he was the least scared of horror stories or anything of that sort. I've learned that fact from one of their group pranks posted in Youtube.

 

Slowly, I went out the room, almost dropping to my knees in relief. I couldn't be more relieved that it wasn't Jae Won, and I couldn't be more relieved that Jungkook did not find out my top secret. I passed by the practice room and saw Jungkook lying on the dance practice room, alone and cold and sleeping. All he had to keep him warm was his jacket and his socks. I wanted to approach him but I was too scared so I moved back and immediately headed to the dressing room where I'm supposed to sleep. Glad there will be no shoot tomorrow. When I started to unpack my things and pulled out a blanket, I couldn't help but entertain the idea of going back to Jungkook. I did.

I know it could be a bit risky to keep lurking inside the building premises but seeing him so cold was not at all making me at peace. So I went back and slowly spread the black blanket around him. I remember watching a video of Kim TaeHyung proving that you cannot wake up Jungkook even if you play with his toes. I sat for a few seconds and stared at him almost unconsciously; his perfect nose bridge, his silky skin and his eyes that seemed like a bit wet making me conclude he cried. It made me go back what just happened earlier and how he panicked like that. My curiosity just keeps getting stronger to know what is it that makes him too different recently. “Just think I am a blanket-giving ghost. Sleep tight Cookie.” and I went back to my the dressing room and slept with the lights off.

When it was 5AM, I sneaked out of the building in all ways possible before anyone could even arrive. Luckily I was successful. Yet I was already inside my apartment when I realized I forgot whether I was able to delete the song I recorded in the music room and I forgot to seize back the blanket from Jungkook. HOLY CRAP!!