Gritting Teeth

DECEMBER RAIN

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:

Hi guys! Continuation of Chapter 3 is done. Kindly read Chapter 3 update first. 

I'm only using my iPad now that's why I can't edit the format properly. Imma edit soon. Thank you for keeping up! 

Mwah! 

 

Love,

TheDorkProof

 

CHAPTER 4. Gritting Teeth

 

I wish I knew how to cry about petty things. But that is totally not me. During the break, I went four floors down and sipped cold coffee like I used to when insane. I’m broken between pride and disappointment, or maybe both. In a blink my sand castles turned to dry dust. I mean, ever since I came back to Seoul all I did was wake up, do groceries, cook for myself, arrange music, talk to the Park grannies or talk to myself. All these were literal and I’m not even exaggerating. My bank accounts were still active so I didn’t really have to work and waste sweat.

But then I chanced upon the idea of being close to my favorite guys on Earth, most especially that guy who just answered me with a freaking nod. And this is all I get? I was never belittled my whole life and now the first ever insult was from my ultimate fantasy. I feel broken. Something inside me makes me want to cry but the tears just won’t pop out.

I heard the sound of the last sip on my cup of caffeine. Maybe I should go back now, I whispered. But right before I could finish spitting words, Jimin appeared out of nowhere like a teleporter.

“Hi noona. Can I bring you back upstairs? I mean, Manager Kang says you need to go back,” he smiled, his eyeballs totally invisible.

“Yah. Sure. Actually I was about to go up.”

 

“So, uhm, noona, how was your first day?” Jimin led me through the elevator. Part of me was still grieving but part of me is also excited of the fact that I get to ride an elevator all alone with Park Jimin.

“Great. It was a bit tiring but I’m used to this kind of stuff,” I lied.

“Noona, sorry about Jungkook’s behavior. I actually volunteered to pick you up here so I could apologize. I mean, I saw you guys earlier and to tell you honestly we were worried,” he looked down and seemed serious.

“Why? Is anything wrong? What’s going on?”

“It’s something we couldn’t just tell you noona but maybe you’ll learn about it sooner or later.”

“Well, uhm, thank you for letting me know at least. Really.”

And the elevator belled on the eleventh.

 

How could this much oddness happen in a single day? Seriously, could this get any weirder?

Before I accepted this job, all that was weird to me was Gumps and his whines. But right now I feel like my fantasies are nowhere near to happen. One, it was the first time I ever felt unusually nervous. Two, I was stuttering the whole damn time which is definitely not me. Three, Jungkook appeared to me like a totally different guy off-screen. Four, Jimin told me something fishy about Jungkook. My daydreams were filled of an imagery of BTS flirting with me individually and fighting over who’s going to win my heart. Then we’d be like the best of friends that every fangirl’s heart will have to explode just to contain the fact that BTS is unusually close to a single girl who can just hop in their dorm, play Jenga,  share popcorn and watch a movie with them whenever she wants to.

What ever happened to the year-long fantasies and daydreams? WHAT.

 

“There you are Ms. Park Naru! I’ve been looking for you for like forever.” Manager Kang approached with a big smirk. “The photoshoot turned amazing. You should have been there. Everyone actually liked your concept! Congratulations to our head BTS stylist!" and everybody clapped. It wasn't all weird because I actually aced in my classes in Paris. But to see Jungkook not giving any damn about me gave me a serious heartbreak. 

"By the way Ms. Naru, you should go with us for dinner." Manager Kang added, with a teasing smile. "And nobody says no to me."

"But..."

"No buts Ms Naru."

And before I could even add an alibis, Jimin and V were already dragging me out. In fact they pretended they were police officers and acted like I was handcuffed. They did not let go of me until we got into their official van. 

Just let me add this to my rant. I WASN'T BREATHING WHEN BOTH OF THEM WERE HOLDING MY ARMS. I mean, Jimin? Seriously? His tight muscles brushing against my shoulders? And V? Who was tickling me all the way to the elevator? Tell me is any one supposed to die when confronted by such a situation? 'Cause I almost did.


"I apologize for these two dorks, noona," said Jin, teasing both Jimin and V. "They need pacifiers." And then I heard J-Hope laugh and so did Rapmon.


So there's Jimin, V and J-Hope on the second row and Jin, Suga and Rapmon on the third row and guess who's seated at the backseat? Of course.

I was left unseated and all that was free was the passenger seat and the backseat near Jungkook. I wanted to take the front seat so bad but of course that's for the manager. 

"Ms. Naru, you can sit beside Jungkook. Sorry there are quite a few stuff over there while we crammed the other day. We hope you don't mind." I saw Mr. Kang shrug at the sight of a few wardrobe laid like unfinished laundry at the backseat.

"It's totally no big deal sir." I replied with a big smile to ease at least ease him off.

Jungkook's eyes were glued outside. His thoughts were of great depth and his face was blank. If I didn't realize there are live cameras inside their van, I wouldn't have stopped x-raying his face. 

I was about to pull my handkerchief out of my bag when a sudden impact from the back of our car got us blundered for a second. Someone just accidentally hit the van, or probably it was all something else. My thoughts of Jae Won officially gave me the legit mini heart attack. 


-end of chapter-