Naru's Dilemma

DECEMBER RAIN

CHAPTER 10. Naru's Dilemma

 

We went back inside the dorm with Bang PD-nim, being all normal and totally oblivious of what happened, and me trying to use his back to cover myself from the boys.

“Where is everyone?” He surveyed the room as he tried to find himself a seat. “Gather around. Jeon Jungkook, how are you feeling?”

Namjoon answered in behalf of Jungkook, perhaps because they knew Kookie was totally not in the perfect mood to even spit a word. “He’s still got colds but his fever usually ends up after 2 days. He doesn’t really get sick. His immunity is strong. Not so much to worry about, Bang PD-nim.”

 

“Aight. That’s good to hear. Anyway, so I just thought of visiting you Jungkook because Manager Kang mentioned of Ms. Make Up Artist… what’s your name dear?”

“Naru, sir. Park Naru.”

“Yes Ms. Naru. Since you are here as well, I’d like to discuss the rest of the important matters we had discussed earlier with the other stakeholders and executives of the company”, he continued. “Here is the thing. We all know we are not a huge company and we are now struggling financially. Thing is, people are starting to like Bangtan but we barely have funds to finance more concerts and world tours. But I do believe in you guys so now the company have decided to use the huge investment which has long been offered by the SHP Group of Companies. We have kept this very confidential as we tried to conceal it unless very necessary. Your comeback album will have to be a blast and we want you to compete with huge groups. We fired a lot of make-up artists and stylists because of two reasons. One, a lot of fans are complaining about them being a little girlfriend-material, and second, we need to save up money and we can no longer pay them their dues. I only need a few  supporting staff.  So good thing we have found Ms. Naru who was, according to Manager Kang’s evaluation was really good at managing all seven of you. Had we found her sooner we would have saved a whole lot. Plus the fans won’t hate her. I mean no offense Ms. Park.”

I gulped; knowing he meant I look too ugly for the fans to even get jealous. I should feel insulted but, oh well, what can these prosthetics do. And wait what? So my father did invest in Big Hit Entertainment? I was only kidding when I mentioned that. Is this destiny working its way for me to meet my favourite boys? Precious goshes.

 

“Ms. Park? Are you listening?”

“Eh?? Yep! S-sorry! I was listening.”

 

And Bang-PD continued, “So now here’s the deal, we will have a comeback photoshoot in groups. You will be divided into different concepts in different places. I wont have other supporting make-up artists to come and help to save us money so what we will do is that you’ll come with only Ms Park Naru. She’ll take care of everything. From styling to make-up. That means you won’t be shooting in one same day. Namjoon, Jin and Suga will be one group; Hoseok and Jimin is another group, TaeHyung and Jungkook will be the last group. Ms Park Naru, we will double your salary for this. Please do not say no. We need you.”

 

My immediate nod was awkward. I don’t even know what’s with my instant yes but I just thought they really do need help. I had no idea the company was that small to even fire people just to save the company’s finances.

 

“Great. And by the way Ms. Naru I have a very important task to give you and I hope you can promise me to do it. We cannot let people know about any of our internal problems. Manager Kang has been talking you up to me so I really trust you about this.  So here’s what I need you to do, if you are good at researching kindly do   a research about the heir of the SHP Group of Companies. I know she’s been gone for years but we need her for the back-up investment   his father executed after her name.    Rumours have it that she’s been seen in Seoul so   we have high hopes we can let her finalize the partial agreement the company had with her dad.  Once we get her ‘yes’, although almost impossible at her situation, then all our financial problems will poof out like bubbles.”

 

WAIT WHAT?
I mean,  what? 

 

So if I got it correctly, Dad had two deals with Big Hit Ent. One was signed under his name and the other was not completed and executed due to his untimely death and that it was written under my name.

And wait what?

If rumours had spread like wildfire that I’m back in Seoul, does that mean JaeWon heard of it too?

 

Bang PD had already left and I still talked to myself in my head. Confused. And still I didn’t realize the fury left with Jungkook. I heard the boys continue the talk while Jungkook went back to his room and calm himself down.

“I heard  that SHP heir they were talking about was a goddess”, Namjoon’s eyes twinkled as he talked up Park Shin Hye, the girl just a few meters away from them. Those words pacified me at the very least. All the boys stuck close to Namjoon as he talked everything he knew about Park Shin Hye.

They listened to it like a bedtime story and I just sat there  in the most awkward situation of my life.

“Naru noona, we just agreed to help you research about that Shin Hye girl!” Jimin said in his smiling naughty eyes.

“Eh? I can do that alone! I’m good at stalking! I mean researching. I’m good guys. I can do it.”

“Aigoo noona, we are better than you at this. Leave it to us. Haha!” TaeHyung added, in support of Jimin and basically all of them. 


“And besides, you’ll have the whole week for the photoshoot. You’ll be too busy noona”, added J-Hope.

 

“But…” 
“No  buts noona!” they answered in chorus.

 

Okay so this is probably the end of me.

 

-end of chapter-