Brainwashed

DECEMBER RAIN

CHAPTER 1. Brainwashed

“Well yes. I saw your portfolio and I thought it was great. Do we close the deal now? This is quite urgent.”

The entire coffee shop felt empty. It felt strangely difficult to hammer down thoughts in my mind. I was at the peak of my excitement I couldn’t even paint a smirk on my pale God-forsaken face. Just three days ago I tried my luck on applying as a make-up artist and stylist for an entertainment company and I never had the slightest idea they would consider me. I mean, it’s been like almost a year since I started looking for a job just so people wouldn’t question the fact that I’ve been living unemployed and alone and yet I’m not starving and dying. 

But that’s not even the catch. Here’s the thing. Hold your breath. I. Am. Hired. Exclusively. For. The. Bangtan Boys.

 

“So Miss Park Naru, do we close the deal?”

“Y-y-yeah. Sure. Why not? I mean, of course! I mean, yes.” I was stuttering for I can’t keep my thoughts together. My mind immediately processed the er ted idea of me applying lip gloss and eyeliners to seven hot guys’ faces. Add to that the bonus fact that I get to be their overall stylist too! It’ll be a whole lot of work but no fangirl in her sane mind would ever say no to such a heavenly offer.

“Well great! Here’s the contract. Sign it after you read it. Thoroughly please.”

Holy mother of cows, is this for real? Is this even happening? I’m supposed to be reading the terms of the contract but all that was running in my mind is how I can get someone to pinch my cheek just so I could wake up. But no. Surreal as it may seem, this is happening! This is damn real!

“Well you see Miss Park, the entertainment industry had quite boomed the past few years so the company really wanted to do something different, something like a benchmark. We wanted a different approach with our talents that’s why we are hiring you. Have you, by any chance, took up fashion courses abroad? Your portfolio seems legit.”

I gulped from guilt. But right before I could spit out a lie, he continued.

“Okay never mind. Anyway, I have other important company errands to run to, so here’s your schedule tomorrow. 7AM. The company address is written over here. We will provide you with assistants especially during huge events. A few staff will give you an initial run down of activities tomorrow anyway.”

“Sorry but may I know what is my first job assignment?”

“Photoshoot.”

Crap.

Mr. Song left me in awe I couldn’t even get to finish my cup of macchiato. 

 

 

-end of chapter-