Part 25

What I Did For Love?

I followed the Black Kies to a dark alley. I was surprised Seung Ho wanted to take me along, considering I was one of the weakest members. I thought I would get to work with the White Kies in businesses. Sechskies was divided into the Black Kies for their shady businesses and White Kies for their legal businesses.

“Hey kid,” said Ki Bum to me. “What is it?” He handed me a gun. “Use this to protect yourself.” My eyes widened as I held the cold metal.

*Please don’t let me use it*, I prayed silently. Seung Ho walked over to Ji Sung.

“Okay, the co-leaders of Black Dragons are meeting around here. You’ll recognize them by the dragon tattoos on their arms. If you see them, just shoot them as they come out.”

“But Jayson hyung, I...“ but my words were cut off the sound of gunshots.

- POW!

“Get down!” yelled Seung Ho as he covered me. Then he started firing his rounds. I covered my ears and watched Seung Ho in disbelief. He had shot 4 people and killed 3. Seung Ho stood up smiling. I couldn’t believe it. I was in love with a cold-blooded killer. Tae Min and Ki Bum killed some other opposition members and Seung Ho told them to kill every single Black Dragon member. One of the Black Dragon member laid hurt on the ground. Seung Ho pulled him up by the collar of his shirt and pointed a gun to his head. “Tell me who’s your leader punk or I’ll blow your brains out.” The young boy was whimpering. I felt sorry for him. “Please don’t kill me. My leader is Yoo Tae Won.”

*note: Yoo Tae Won is just a fictional character...

“Who the hell is that?” asked Seung Ho angrily.

“What the hell does he have against me?”

“He’s the godson of Mr. Yoo, who’s one of the heirs of the Yoo Hotel Empire and he's back to get the inheritance back from you.” I listened to what the boy said. I never knew that Seung Ho’s uncle had a godson. From what I had heard, Seung Ho’s uncle had passed away two months ago and he had a heir.

*The heir is the leader of Black Dragon*, I figured out.

“That bastard,” said Seung Ho.

“He’s dead and he still has someone after me.” When Seung Ho wasn’t looking, the Black Dragon boy had pulled out a knife, ready to stab Seung Ho.

I didn’t have time to think so I reacted instantly. I shot the boy. He fell back in pain but managed to get up and run away. Seung Ho looked at me surprised. He gave me a smile.

“Good job, Ji Sung,” he said walking over to me and patted me on the back. I was appalled at what I had done. I couldn’t answer him so I just handed him back the gun. Just then Tae Min and Ki Bum came back to us.

“Got them all hyung,” said Tae Min smiling as he did some fancy handwork with his gun.

"Good,” said Seung Ho. “Ji Sung just saved my life. I knew it was a good idea to bring him along.”

“Really?” asked Ki Bum.

“Nice work kid.” Then he punched me lightly on the shoulder. When we made it back to the hotel, I ran into my room, used my respirator and swallowed a pill. I took a shower immediately. I felt so dirty because of what I had done. I knew this was going to be only one of the many dirty work I would have to do to stay with Seung Ho.

---> to be continued...