Part 26

What I Did For Love?

A few months later…

During the past few months, ever since I saved Seung Ho’s life, he began to trust me and confided in me about everything. I was like his new best friend. Sechskies continued to travel to many places and recruited many new members. War between Sechskies and Black Dragon broke out. Many businesses were shut down and more members were killed from both sides. All the bloodshed and fighting was getting to me but I held on. All the members of Sechskies accepted me but sometimes I overhear them whispering that I’m gay. I didn’t care as long as I had Seung Ho.

April 30, 1999

Finally, after many days of hard work, Sechskies finally got a day of rest. The leaders always hang out together but Seung Ho always included me. We were at this fancy restaurant and were all having a good time. Ki Bum was telling us funny jokes. He stopped in the middle of a joke as he saw the Black Dragon leaders enter the restaurant. Everyone felt the overwhelming tension. The Black Dragons sat down across us. Seung Ho and Tae Won were glaring at each other.

Underneath the tables, we pulled out our guns. I knew the Black Dragons were doing the same. We didn’t know which side fired the first shot but before we knew it, bullets were flying everywhere. Seung Ho covered me as we ran out of the restaurant safely. We met up with the other Sechskies in a dark alley. The Black Dragons were still chasing us.

“Damn it hyung! What should we do?” asked Tae Min.

“Kill them all!” shouted Seung Ho.

“There are too many of them,” Byung Hun shouted back.

“Let’s just hide in this motel.” We all ran and hid into a cheap motel. The Black Dragons lost us and continued searching.

“I don’t believe this!” said Seung Ho furiously.

“I, Jayson Yoo, of Sechskies have to hide in this cockroach motel like a dog or something!”

“Calm down,” I said to him gently, patting his back.

“It’s not so bad.”

“Yeah hyung,” said Min Ho.

“It’s only for one night. Besides, we’ll make them pay for this.” All of us looked around. There was only one bed. I could tell none of us wanted the floor because it was disgusting and reeked of something.

“I ain’t taking the floor!” all of us shouted in unison.

“There’s only one bed though,” said Hyun Woo.

“Look on the bright side,” said Ki Bum as he laid out the sheets on the bed.

“At least it’s king size.” I nodded my head.

“It’ll be tight but we’ll all have to try and fit in.” Soon Tae Min, Ki Bum, Seung Ho, me, Min Ho, Byung Hun and Hyun Woo laid down side by side uncomfortably on the bed. We were lying down one by one and the others looked strangely at me as I ran over to Seung Ho's side so I can lie next to him.

Soon everyone fell asleep except me. I made sure everyone was asleep before I made my move. I bent over to kiss Seung Ho lightly on the lips. Then I laid my head down on his chest to hear his heart beat. I sighed contentedly. Then suddenly, I felt Seung Ho’s leg twitch. Oh no! I knew what he was about to do. His 360 degree kick. I placed my entire body on top of his because I didn’t want to get kicked.

As Seung Ho did his 360, he kicked everyone off the bed except me. As always, when Seung Ho was done, he had a huge smile on his face. Then he held onto me tightly. I was overwhelmed with happiness. The others must have been exhausted because none of them woke up except Ki Bum.

He opened his eyes sleepily and said, “Huh?”

“You’re dreaming,” I whispered to him. He nodded his head and went back to sleep. Soon I drifted off to sleep too.

---> to be continued...