Just Let Me Know.

目覚め: 神々! {Apply Closed.}

Chapter Four- Just Let Me Know.

目覚め: 神々!Characters

 


 

   Lina watched as Minki was directing them out of the forest that they were walking in to get back to the shrine. She sighed as she was looking forward to the festival, but it seemed like that they weren't welcome even if they didn't try to take Kayoung from them. She pulled herself out of her thoughts when she heard Cirino talking. "I don't know how we are going to get Minki his own area to sleep, but we will figure it out." Lina answered just assuming that was what he was talking about. 

"Uhm, okay. I wasn't really talking about that but it is a good point to bring up. I was actually asking you if you would like to go somewhere with me. I mean we don't really get time off and you said that we would be closing the shirne this weekend for exam period and we could get to know each other better. We knew just get the chance to because you are always working so hard." Cirino rambled on as Lina stopped him. 

"Yes, I'll go." Lina answered as she looked at him. She just thought that he did want to get to know her and it woudn't be that to get out and relax not having to worry about shrine duties. Lina started walking quicker to catch up with Minki just hearing Cirino catching up to them. "Minki are you sure that it would be okay for you to leave your home on the mountain like this?" She asked as he nodded. 

"Of course, once they find out that I told you guys about the plan then they will mostly likely kick me out or kill me. Running away is the safest option. Besides now that you have welcomed me into your shrine, I am under Minjoo-hyung's command now." Minki said with a nod. "Where is he and Kayoung-noona anyway?" He asked as he looked back at them. 

"They are probably making their way back to the shrine as we speak. Hopefully." Lina answered as she nodded at him. "Anyway I am sure that Minjoo will put you to work when we have the shrine open again. We are going to close during exam week this week then open again on friday. We want the student to studying instead of coming to the shrine adn stuff, you know." Lina said as she could see the back of the shrine in the distance. She could also see some shadows around the shrine. "Great. We have trespassers." She grumbled as she crossed her arms. 

"Lets hope that they are non spirit ones." Cirino said as he pulled out his sword. They walked up on the group just seeing that they were a bunch of teenagers. "Hey! Hoodrats, get away from the shrine adn I won't kill you." Cirino said as he wished that Miyeong was near so that she could light the laterns hanging around the shrine. Cirino watched them turned around adn they weren't any regular teenagers. They all had different colored eyes and one had jumpped down from the roof just having large bat like wings just staring at Cirino. 

Lina sighed as she wished that more of the others would return home soon. She opened her fans and looked to Minki. "Fly off and try to find the others for us." Lina said as she looked at Minki. 

"Alright. Be careful." Minki said as he flew off just disappearing through the tree. 

Lina turned to the others just swinging her fans in a circular motion just using the water from the bucket next to the outside paito stuff from when they were cleaning it. "Now please leave or we will have to kill you in which I don't want to but I will if I have to." Lina nodded as they other across from them just stared at them. 

"Do you not speak Korean? Or understand us?" Cirino snapped as he glared at them. 

"Do you always expect others to respond when spoken to?" One of the teens pulled out a bone like sword from it's body just pulling out two and connecting them by putting it together. He stepped forward as Lina water whip lashed out as the teen just slashed it with his double sided spear like sword. 

"It is the polite thing to do especially toward your elders, punk." Cirino waved his arm just pushing the kid back some with his telekinesis. 

"You certainly are not my elder. I have been dead longer than you have been alive. We are looking for the spirit miko around here. She can help us get back to our land. A death god open the portal in which led to other ripples appear and we would like to reutrn to the waste lands." The teen looked at them. 

"I think he's looking for Miyeong." Lina said "She is not here. I am sure that she'll be here soon. We will put our weapons away if you put yours away." Lina said as she watched them laugh.

"No, I would rather have a bit of fun while I wait like my friends would. You two are easy prey since you have fully accpected your powers. You have control only over water near you, can't you summon water to you? That one can't even do proper illusions or make them at all. It will be fun killing you then selling your powers to the highest bidder." He charged at them then kicked Lina straight in the stomach just watching her fly into a tree. 

►►►

Minjoo rolled over when he heard flapping over them just seeing Minki over them. He gently placed Kayoung's head on the ground as he got up. He stretched just looking at Minki. "What is up? Why are you so out of breath?" He asked as he crossed his arms as he looked at Minki. 

"Cirino and Lina are being attacked and they need your help. Hurry up and wake up Kayoung then get to the shrine. I am off to go and find Jaesung and Miyeong." Minki said as he flew off. 

Minjoo sighed as he bent over Kayoung just watching her sleep. He gently shook her shoulder as she opened her eyes. "We need to go. Lina and Cirino are being attacked." He said as Kayoung jumpped up. Then lets hurry so that we can help faster." Kayoung said as she grabbed her staff from the ground. Minjoo followed Kayoung just picking her up. "Flying is going to be faster. Hold on." Minjoo said as he flew off just feeling Kayoung hold onto his neck and her head against his shoulder. He landed on the paito in the back of the shrine just looking at the teens that were fighting Lina and Cirino. He pulled out his blades and looked to Kayoung. "You can't rely on raw power from the moon. You can't handle it without your necklace. Please stay out of sight and heal only open wounds." Minjoo told her as he had already gone full tengu. 

"Joo, don't tell me what I can't and can do." Kayoung pouted. "Besides I feel fine. I'll be okay." She added 

"Just stay out of sight. I don't want you getting hurt." Minjoo said as he flew off just sending out large green waves just sending the teens flying. 

Kayoung hugged her staff just puffing up her cheeks and letting out air. "I can fight too." She grumbled to herself as she leaned up against the building. She watched them fight as she healed trying not to attract to much attention to herself. 

►►►

Miyeong shivered as she felt the raise in spiritual engery. She held out Kayoung's necklace as it glowed brightly then disappeared a sparkle of sliver light. "I guess that Kayoung is fighting for her necklace to go to her. We should hurry. There is massive spiritual engery near the shrine." She said as she started running, just leaving Jaesung in her dust. He just waved her off not wanting to fight anymore tonight. Miyeong ran into something just being smacked in the face with a black wing as she stumbled back. 

"Oh, I am so sorry!" Minki flapped back up right as he dusted off Miyeong's shoulder. "Lina sent me for you. They are being attacked by death pawns from the death planes. They even could be hidden death assassians that come across as death pawns." Minki blinked at both Miyeong and Jaesung. 

"They are what now?" Jaesung asked he followed Minki. 

"They are beings that died gruesome deaths in this world and faught their way up in the death planes so they wouldn't have to move on. They work for death gods and demons. They can travel through ripples in planes between this world and thiers. They are deadly and have no morals expect that they don't anbandon their teammates nor do they cease fire unless commanded by a higher order." Minki explained

"So they work for that dude that tired to take Kayoung." Jaesung shook his head. 

"Uhm no. Youngguk isn't a strong enough death god to own death pawns." Minki shook his head. "His ripple probably gave them access to this world." Minki nodded. He skidded to a halt when they got to Kayoung's hiding spot. "Is everything going okay?" He asked Kayoung. 

"I wouldn't know. I am was told to stay out of sight and don't get hurt." Kayoung frowned. 

"Great you can protect Minki!" Lina called as she jumpped over them just dodging flying bone needle like projections. She landed ontop of a tree and could see the small pond that Kayoung had filled with water yesterday to put fish in it. She was planning to make a spot where they could cook out and enjoy the summer nights after working. She waved her arm just eye turning a light blue and her gills flaring. "Miyeong, they want you to send them home." Lina said, putting a wall of water if front of them so that they could talk. 

"I don't know how. Besides I think that we should kill them. They are only evil and dark enegry. We would helping the people we are suppose to hate if we let them go." Miyeong nodded as she  spun her bow around. "If we kill of the weaker ones then the strongers should be easier to fight. The stronger ones are stealing engery from the weakers ones. It is like a support system. Kayoung can be bait for that one. Dont' let Minjoo notice." Miyeong said as she pointed to the one weilding the bone spear sowrd type thing. 

"What?!" Kayoung hugged her staff. "I-i, Why can't I fight the weaker ones?! Lina was fighting him so much better!" Kayoung looked at Miyeong. 

"Because you have the purest spirit engery here. He'll be attracted to it when you make your enegey notice able. I'll stay near Minjoo to hide that your fighting. You'll be fine. I believe in you. They are darkness and you are the purest form of light. You are the greatest form of bait that a kitsune could ever have." Miyeong said with a smile. 

"How can you smile like that when you are sending me to the wolf?!" Kayoung snapped at her. "I would rather deal with Jonghyun." Kayoung grumbled as she sighed. 

Jaesung hissed at her. "You said that you wanted to fight so fight you scared little bunny! Everyone talks so might of a moon rabbit, but I see is a girl playing dress up!" Jaesung yelled at her. 

"Fine. I be bait but If I die then I am going to haunt all of you for the rest of your lives!" Kayoung snapped as she waved her staff as her ears folded over and her eyes turned a light pink color. 

"Good." Jaesung ran off as Miyeong winked at her. 

Miyeong stayed close to Minjoo as she watched Kayoung point her staff at the one and send out rays of light just slicing the boy's skin as Lina kicked him backwards. She jumpped in the air just taking a arrow out and lighting it up with fire just letting it lose to light the laterns outside of the shrine. She then spun another arrow and pulled it back just covering it in a dark blue spirit enegry just letting it go straight through one of the smaller beings just watching it brake into black dust just blowing away. She turned around to use her bow as a sheild as she pushed back a red sword just grabbing an arrow just letting it glow in blue light as she stabbed upwards just quickly turning only to have her shoulder slashed but saw black dust over blood splatter. She ducked down to dodge black arrows just scanning the trees. She aimed up her bow and pulled back just jumpping back at the next sword slashed in her face.

"I got your back just worring about the archers!" Jaesung slid under her just kicking the one in front of her away.

"I don't have enough spirit to hit that far away." Miyeong said as she kicked more arrows away just pulling one out of her leg. "Ow! Why did you bite me?" Miyeong glared side ways at Jaesung as a blue snake appeared across her shoulder.

"You can take my enegry this way. Just go with it." Jaesung said as he grabbed her waist just getting her out of the way of arrows just taking the one in his own shoulder. "I am okay. Just hurry." Jaesung said as he ripped it out just swing his sword to chopp one of the kids arm off. Jaesung was hard to detect for this death kids since he was a snake and almost had the same enegry and presence as them - well he could fake it as a black and green snake. He kept close to Miyeong just either killing or damging them enough where they could hurt Miyeong. He could tell that the archer they were after was a stronger one by it sitting casually just slinging out arrows. Jaesung made a snake just letting it glide across the floor. "Bite the one in the tree." Jaesung said as he jumpped just slicing the branch the teen was sitting on just watching her grab a lower branch just dropping to her feet. Jaesung landed on his feet as he reached around just biting her in the neck just sending out posion as he looked down to see snake sending its own posion to slow her down why his posioned her engery to slowly come to him which in the longer run would fill Miyeong up. He slid back into the shadows as the girl stumbled around till she gained somewhat of her balance back.

Miyeong spun to arrows around just letting them fly into her as she just stumbled back again and ripped them out. Miyeong spun out of the way just sending out more arrows like a storm as she jumpped in the air. She fell back against the tree as one of the black arrows shot through her shoulder. She thought she heard the girl say that her little arrows couldn't stopp her until she saw Jaesung's blade slice her in two as he slumpped down in front of Miyeong. "Hardest battle yet." Jaesung sat down.

"We say that but their are bigger and badder things out there." Miyeong said as she closed her eyes.

►►►

Lina kicked the one forward and slashed it with her fans as she slid through the illusion slip that Cirino had made just appearing next to him as she tossed her fan to slice the one before just watching it turn into dust. "They are getting weaker from the little ones dieing out." She said as Cirino nodded. Lina and Cirino were the most banged up from blood drying up to new wounds and probably some bruises. Lina grabbed her fan as it came back just breathing in then out.

"Yeah. Let finish them off then go get some medical stuff ready." Cirino said as he waved them out their illusion sheild just swinging his blade and clashing with another. Cirino flicked his wrist just sending the others weapon the other direction as he slashed the person's arm just ducking down out of the way of Lina's fan. He kicked forward just pushing in her blades further as he pulled them out just throwing back to her as he swung his blade around just slicing it in half then sliding back to avoid the black dust. He ran off just slid through the open door that Lina had left open just sliding it back and making a illusion that there wasn't a door at all. He dropped his sword on the floor just sitting down. He was sore all over and just wanted a nap. His tail waved about as he pulled himself up and followed the small noises of Lina in the girls bathroom. "I'll go check the boys." He called as he walked off jsut hearing an okay from down the hall. He placed the trashcan's trash bag on the ground just dumping all teh medical stuff that they had in it. He exited to find Lina in the living room just sorting out what she found. "I"ll do you first." He said as he dumpped what he foudn on the floor just sorting it. 

"You should go watch to see if there are many left. I can handle myself." Lina said as she poured some hydrogen peroxide on a towel just placing it on her open wound as she looked at Cirino. 

"They'll be okay with out us for a bit." Cirino gently took the towel from her just placing it back on her wound as he searched for some gauze and neosporin. He used his telekinesis to keep the towel on her wound just using cotton balls to wipe neosporin on her other wounds then wrapped them or placed gauze sqaures on her wounds then finally wrapped up her shoulder. "There good enough for now." He said as he started doing himself. 

Lina took the things from him just helping him. "If you move too much then you'll just open up old wounds." She bopped him on the head with a box of gauze. "We should go to the store and buy some more of this stuff." She sighed as she finished wrapping him up. 

"Lets rest here for a few minutes. Minjoo will air whisper or whatever if they need help." Cirino said as he looked at Lina. "It is good that we killed these things because they could have killed a lot of humans and they probably already have." Cirino said with a nod as he looked at Lina. 

"I know. There are so many monsters that humans can't see until it is too late. We should being helping in the city and around not just in the shrine. We don't know what is happening outside these walls." Lina sighed as she stretched just hearing things crack and pop back in place. Lina stood back up just walking to the window just watching Miyeong and Jaesung slipping around trees and avoiding being seen. "Mieyong and Jaesung are coming. Open up the door for them." Lina said 

"I can't. Miyeong has to stay near Minjoo for our plan to work. The strongest one is playing decoy with Kayoung. She'll heal them." Cirino said. 

Lina sighed and grabbed her fans. "Then I am going out there." She disppeared through the fake wall as Cirino sigihed. He his tail threw up his sword in the air and he caught just going after Lina. 

►►►

Kayoung swung her staff just dodging another attack and at the same time healing Miyeong and Jaesung. She jumpped back just swinging out sliver strings that cut the boy's skin. She had a few cuts herself but they were closing slowly due to her staff. She dodged another attack just only to be kicked in the stomach and slid across the ground. "I hate being bait." She whispered to herself as she rolled barely missing his spear as it only cut her cheek. She jumpped to her feet just making a slashing motion and cut his back just getting blood across her left cheek. She wiped it off with her right sleeve then dodged another jab after jab. She was tired and sore from taking hit after hit, but she took a breather behind a tree just healing the ones that she could see. She felt bad for not listening to Minjoo since she could see him but he couldn't see her. Kayoung felt the impact of a fist hit her when she turned her head just hitting another tree. She waved her staff in a circle just making a crescent moon shield just using it to block him as she got up. "Stop getting distracted." She told herself as the other smirked at her. 

"You aren't very confident in yourself." The male broke her sheild just spinning his spear and knocking her in the head as she whinced and twisted her palm just pressing her hand onto him and making a crescent moon brand there just sliding back. He laughed and shook his head. "Oh, how cute. Cursing me with a moon." He kicked her again as Kayoung caught part of his blow with her staff just twisting his leg around her strings and heard it snap. 

Kayoung pointed her strings at the brand and hit his leg with her staff just sending needle like projections in that glowed a dark grayish sliver. "Rot." Kayoung said as the place that snapped started rotting. "Reverse medical magic is my speciality was well. I don't have to kill you like my friends do. Your own body will." Kayoung said as she jumpped back a couple times just feeling sleepy again. "Oh the moons wanning. I need more moonlight." Kayoung sighed as she waved her staff again just moving the clouds and making the disappear. 

"I have never seen one of make weather disappear to keep the moon on you." He said just hitting her again as she took the damage in her shoulder. 

Kayoung tapped his shoulder with the top of her staff then pointed at the brand. "White knight." Kayoung told it as her wound lessened and his shoulder had a her same gash and sprayed blood. Kayoung sighed as she rolled her shoudlers just spinning her staff as he was taking a bone out of his leg shoving it in his shoulder to use it again. Kayoung pointed her staff at him as the brand glowed. "Decay." She touched her open wounds that matched his. She bent down just trying to catch her breath. "You'll die soon from the decay wounds I gave you." Kayoung was just leaning on her staff. She knew that everyone could tell she was fighting from the moon gone behind the clouds and not there anymore. Kayoung had used it all its light in her decay spell. She also had to giver herself damge as well to do it. She had a few cuts on her arms and legs from it.  "Sorry, Miyeong." She mumbled

Miyeong could feel Kayoung's magic spike and shot a small spirit arrow to confuse Minjoo. She looked around and saw that all of them were gone. "Good job guys." Miyeong said as Minjoo landed on his feet. Miyeong could tell he was trying to figure out why she would shot a random arrow in the air. 

"Guys, I killed one!" Kayoung walked over just smiling as she wiped the side of her head. "I learned new spells too. They just came to me from the moon." She added as she looked over to Minjoo. 

"I told you to stay hidden! Look at yourself! You weren't recovered from earlier and then you don't listen to me." Minjoo was cut off by Miyeong. 

"Don't be mad at her. It was my idea for her to be bait. I had to distract the leader to let his teammates be killed first. Pacts like this get weaker when the suppliers die first." Miyeong siad. "Besides we are all banged up and hurt. We should be happy that we are all still alive." Miyeong said with a nod. 

"I am not a baby." Kayoung added "I can take care of myself." Kayoung nodded 

"But yours powers hurt you too." Lina said. 

"So! Not that bad. Most of them are small anyway. I just want to help. You guys always fight adn I am just on the side healing or doing attacks that stun them. I want to beable fight like you all do." Kayoung looked at them. "I felt like tonight that I was actually part of the team for once not like someone you all drag around like a second rate side kick." Kayoung nodded. 

"I didn't know you felt like that." Minjoo said 

"You mean we?" Miyeong said 

"Oh no, he means just him." Jaesung shook his head. "We understand how you feel Kayoung, but you are a healer. If you get gravely wounded then we are going to die easier. You are an easy target and we just want to keep you safe that's all." Jaesung nodded. 

"From now on, you can fight with us. But! I'll decide with ones you can. I don't want you to sacrifice yourself just for us. Anyway what was the new magic that you learned?" Lina said as she ushered everyone into the shrine to get patched up. 

"Uhm I can use reverse medical magic. It is kind of complicated. I need to read up more on it." Kayoung said as Minjoo just walked past them. Kayoung grabbed a box gauze and bowl filled with water with a towel floating inside as she followed after Minjoo. "If you don't wash your wounds they will get infected." Kayoung spoke up as he turned around. 

"I do it in a minute." Minjoo said as he felt something wiping his face. "Kayoung-" He started 

"I am sorry that I made you worried. I just wanted to be usefull, but to be truthful I was scared the whole time. I knew thought that you guys were counting on me so I did my best." Kayoung cleaned his face. "I know you are mad at me, but I can't just run away from problems and let you all take them on. I need to face them too. Remeber to clean them all then use this to wrap them up." Kayoung said as she set down the towel. 

"I am not mad at you." Minjoo told her as he picked her up at the wasit and set on the kitchen counter. "I don't want anything to happen to you." Minjoo said as he clean her head. He placed bandages over it then started on her shoulder just sitching it up with his wind strings that left a green tattoo on her shoulder as he wrapped up her shoulder as he then started on her fore arm. He finally finished just looking at her. 

"My turn!" Kayoung smiled as Minjoo shook his head. She bandaged up Minjoo then placed the bloody towel in the sink just cleaning it up. "You should go rest now." Kayoung said as Minjoo grabbed her arms just turning off the water with a wave of wind. 

"You should go to sleep too. Good night, little bunny."Minjoo said as he let go of her wrists. 

"Good night, Joo. Hey tomorrow you can teach me how to play the cello only if we don't have to save the world again. I am really gald that I have a friend like you." Kayoung gave him a quick hug then made her way to her room. 

Minjoo sighed and turned to the kitchen sink. He poured out the bowl of water just ringing out the towel that they had used. He left it in the sink as he walked back to his own room to think per usual. His head was throbing and thinking would probably only make it worse. He hit something only to see an annoyed Jaesung. "Sorry." Minjoo looked at him. 

"Get your head out of the clouds for once. What Kayoung flirt and you don't understand it?" Jaesung said

"No. I am just thinking." Minjoo mumbled 

"About her, I bet. Don't stress yourself out over girls. Do some math instead, it is very relaxing." Jaesung nodded 

"I don't like math to begin with and she isn't stressing me out. I am doing that myself. I just don't understand where I want our relationship to be. I can never tell if she truely likes me. Can't people just come out and say it to your face. Life would be so much easier." Minjoo sighed. 

"People aren't are simple as you are. I could snoop around for you. I am pretty good at that." Jaesung nodded as he grabbed Cirino's collar as he walked by just carrying the trashcan full of supplies to put back in the bathroom. "Tell him that Kayoung likes him." Jaesung looked at Cirino. 

"Oh yeah, I can tell by the way she looks at you." Cirino nodded. 

"But then again you have to think about if she doesn't like you then you two will never act the same around each other again. She might not even want to be your friend 'cause it is so awkward." Jaesung said 

"You are an sometimes." Minjoo stared blankly at him. Minjoo sighed. "Will you two help me get information from the other girls about this? I really don't want to ruin this. I don't know if I bare not having her around if I do up." He stared at the two. 

"Why not. You owe me." Jaesung walked off to his room. 

"Alright. I will try my best as the love master around here." Cirino nodded as he walked off just leaving Minjoo in the middle of the hall. 

Minjoo walked into his room just falling on his bed. He pulled his blanket over his head just wanting to rest and not have to worry about anything else. 

►►►

The next morning everyone was in the living room just lazying around while Miyeong and Jaesung made breakfast. They all took turns and those two turns were today. They still had bandages on and what not. Kayoung was thinking that they need to clean up side and to get rid of last nights conquest. Kayoung looked at her phone and sighed. She had totally forgot that she had promised her parents that she would eat breakfast with her brother. She pushed herself up and walked over to Lina. "I have to go into town for a bit. I promised my parents I would spend more time with my brother and today is breakfast." Kayoung said as she nodded. 

"I'll go with you, come on. The others won't miss us." Lina said as she started for the bathroom with Kayoung. 

"Thanks." Kayoung smiled as she started taking off her bandages that were visible. The two slipped out of the shrine just walking down to the bus stop. "Lina, can I ask you something?" Kayoung looked at her as she sighed. 

"Of course." Lina answered

"You don't think that we will get introuble for liking another person in the house, right?" Kayoung asked as she looked at Lina. 

Lina only laughed. "Of course not, if you like Minjoo just tell him his style or yours. He seems to take well to your antics.You are usually so blunt and straight forward, why the hesitation?" Lina asked her

Kayoung only gave her a look. "Because I don't want to make things werid, but at the same time I feel like I should tell him just to get if off my chest. I don't know." Kayoung sighed as they got on the bus. 

"I think you should tell him. It won't make things werid. Pretty sure that he likes you too or he wouldn't act like he does." Lina told her 

"No, he is just a good person like that." Kayoung leaned back into the seat. 

"Kayoung, I think you are telling yourself that to not have to tell him how you feel because you are scared of what he'll do or say when you do tell him." Lina flicked her forehead. "Just go for it. Don't be scared." She added 

"Uh, fine." Kayoung answered. "No talking about this when we get there with my brother." She quickly added as she looked outside of the bus. Kayoung walked next to Lina as she was looking at her phone. She sighed as she looked over to Lina. "Uhm, my brother wants us to meet him at his work place. We are going to eat there." Kayoung said as she looked at Lina. 

"Oh, where does he work? I hope a beef resturant. I am craving some beef wraps and steak wrapped in kimchi after last night." Lina said with a nod. "But no fish, after being a koi now fish just seems disgusting and betraying my friends in sea." Lina sighed. 

Kayoung laughed and smiled to Lina. "Well my brother owns a club with his friend." Kayoung nodded. "It will be good food, but more of a bar scene." Kayoung added. 

"Just as long as I can get meat." Lina answered as they walked down the quiet club area of the area. Lina followed behind Kayoung just entering a club that she had seen before but never went since one she wasn't a party girl and two this club had always looked scary and one of the clubs that expereinced club goers went to. Lina noticed that the club was two floors and a bar in the back. Lina just stood behind Kayoung as she stopped infront of a guy not much older than them and looking like the ring leader of a mafia group or something. 

"Hi, Hojeon-oppa.  This is my friend, Lina. We meet at the shirne that I am working at." Kayoung said to the male who only looked down from the sheets of paper he was looking at. 

"Hello. Hojeon. It is nice to meet you. Go sit where ever. I am surprised you didn't come in here in a hanbok or some ." He told them as he grabbed the papers just pushing open the kitchen door. "Hey, I don't pay you dumbs to sit around! Make the stuff I brought and bring out to my table. Hurry up." He let the door close just sitting across from the two girls. "So how is it working at some shrine instead of here like your usuall summers?" He looked at Kayoung. 

"Uhm, better. I have made some good friends and I work making flower arrangments and selling trinkets. It's fun. Not that working here wasn't fun." Kayoung answered as Lina looked over to Kayoung. 

"Well the other girls miss you and some of the guys too. I'll be right back." Hojeon told them as a couple guys in suits walked in. "If the food gets here before me just eat without me." He added as he walked just guiding the men upstairs. 

Lina made sure her brother was away from them. "Your brother is scary and how come you didn't tell us you worked at place like this. Minjoo will litterally go crazy if he learns about this." Lina smacked her hurt shoulder. 

"Ow, come on that was hurt shoulder. Oppa isn't scary. He has always been a bit harsh and gangster like. He was a bit of a trouble maker when he was younger. I didn't say because I didn't want you guys to think differently of me. Besides I only did it during the summer for extra cash to buy video games and manga. This place is actually fun to work in if you do your job well. No, he won't because he'll never know and we won't even meantion his name around oppa." Kayoung looked to Lina. 

"Who won't we meantion to hyung?" A male leaned over their booth from behind just leaning on his elbow. 

"Oh, hi Wonho(MONSTAX). This is my friend, Lina." Kayoung nodded. 

"It is nice to meet you. Do you work here?" Lina asked 

"Every night, first time is free." Wonho winked. 

"Not interested." Lina snapped 

"He is just joking around anyway. He is a waiter. Go away before she hurts you or I do." Kayoung told him. 

"I still want to know the guy you want to hide away from hyung. What accidently get sold to the highest order at your shrine?" Wonho looked at them. 

"No but I know pleantly that would send you back and demand a refund." Kayoung nodded. "Look just keep your mouth shut and you get keep your little friend because we all know that's the only way my oppa would ever had hired you, Wonhoe." Kayoung spat at him. 

"Oh I'll find out. I always do. Oh, don't be cranky. I offered it up to you and you didn't take it." He countered back as he looked at the food set down in front of them. "You might win me over if some of that is eatten by me." Wonho looked at her. "Seriously though, you aren't scared that hyung will go and hunt down this boy. I bet he works with you guys since I heard you guys don't get to leave often only when the shrine is closed." He added as he walked out of teh booth that he was cleaning and slid in across from them just picking up a pair of chopsticks. 

"I don't want to talk about it here. You are going to get introuble." Kayoung told him. 

"Whatever. Everyone around here misses you around in your little bunny ears and snarky comebacks." Wonho nodded. 

"Oh a bunny, what a surprise." Lina looked at Kayoung as she ate. "She is moon rabbit at the shrine. I guess she likes rabbits a lot." Lina teased Kayoung. 

"I guesss so, we just her the bunny since she kind of always looked like one." He brushed Kayoung's hair behind her ear just catching part of her halfway healed head wound. Lina caught the action like he had done it out of habit. "I am not going to ask." He said as he sat down. 

"Wonho don't you have something esle to waste time on?" Hojeon stood infront of the table. 

"Oh hyung. Sorry. I saw Kayoung and thought I should say hi. Keeping your spot warm." Wonho quickly got up just standing there. "Do you need anything?" He asked 

"I was only giving you a hard time. Go home and get ready for tonight. We have some big clients tonight." Hojeon told him. 

"Alright. It was good seeing you, Kayoung. You should come later tonight and say hi to the others and bring that friend you told me about. The other friend you are close to at the shrine, I am sure hyung would love to meet him. Plus it is half price drinks tonight." Wonho winked at teh two girls as he walked off. 

Kayoung just stabbed her chopsticks into her rice bowl. 

"Other friend? I would like to meet your other friends." Hojeon nodded as he started to eat. 

Great, Kayoung glare a death glare over to Wonho as he was leaving. He only winked at her as he left. "We'll come." She said as she put down her chopsticks. "Sorry to cut this visit short, but Lina and I need to go to the store adn pick up a few things." Kayoung said as she looked at her brother. 

"I understand. I have a few things to do as well before tonight. It was nice meeting you, Lina. Take care of my sister. Sometimes she can be a bit clumsy and doesn't know when to ask for help." Hojeon patted his sister's shoulder as she smiled through the pain. He watched the two girls leave just sitting back down just contuined eatting. 

►►►

"I am sorry about dragging you guys along to the club tonight. If we don't come then my brother will know something is up." Kayoung looked over to Lina as they were walking back to the shrine since they missed the bus with bags full of medical stuff for them. Kayoung and Lina had already taken a break to rebandage themselves up. She sighed as she sat down by Lina who wanted to take another break. 

"It is fine. I might actually be fun to live like regular teens for a night besides night is when the monsters come out. If we aren't here maybe they won't come out." Lina looked over to her. "What is your relationship with Wonho? He seemed pretty comfortable around you for just a summer coworker. I only ask because you barely know your relationship with Minjoo so you know." Lina looked at her. 

"I'll admit that I am flirt and talk too much, so naturally males flock to that. Wonho and I are just friends. I don't like him in that way. Don't worry about him." Kayoung nodded as they got up finally making it to the shrine. They walked in just slipping off their shoes and putting the shopping bags in the living room. 

"Where have you guys been?" Cirino asked from the kitchen. 

"Kayoung had lunch with her brother, I tagged along and we bought more stuff to bandage us up." Lina put her hands on her hips. "Got a problem with it?" She asked him. 

"No. The others are cleaning up outside. I was just about to bring out more soap to try to rub out the blood in our clothes from last night." Cirino said as Lina and Kayoung followed them outside.

"Uhm guys, my brother invited us to come to his club tonight. He wants to meet all of you." Kayoung told them.

"Oh really, sounds fun." Jaesung said as he looked up at Kayoung. "It will be nice to get out for once. I know that I need a drink." He sighed as he scrubed the pavement with his broom. 

"I don't know if I have anything to wear." Miyeong mumbled to herself. 

"I am sure you do! I can help dress both of you." Kayoung said to Lina and Miyeong. The other two girls just nodded. Kayoung picked up a broom and started helping. 

"Miyeong, Lina. It is your turn to make lunch." Cirino said as he was spraying the pavement as they had just finished cleaning outside. 

"Alright." Lina said as she walked inside with Miyeong. Lina looked over to Miyeong as they were making lunch. "I had a talk with Kayoung today. I think that she might tell Minjoo that she likes him. I am kind of worried about it though. At the club when we were having lunch, I meet one of Kayoung's like uhm - coworker friends. They seemed close and stuff. I just don't want anything to happen tonight." Lina looked at Miyeong. 

"What did Kayoung say?" Miyeong looked at her as she was cutting up rice cakes that they had bought. 

"They were just friends." Lina answered 

"Then they are just friends. I trust Kayoung. She really likes Minjoo so she won't do anything to mess that up." Miyeong nodded. 

"Alright." Lina answered as she was stiring the hot pot that she was making. Lina took the bowl from Miyeong as she dumpped the last of the rice cakes just hearing someone come in. She turned her head to see Cirino. "It is almost ready." She told him. 

"I know. Uhm, as the love master around here. I have gotten a job from Minjoo and -" He started as Lina stopped him. 

"We aren't going to tell you anything okay?" Lina said as she moved the pot onto the kitchen table. "Guys, lunch is ready!" Lina called out as everyone made their way to the table. Lina handed out chop sticks as they all started eatting. 

►►►

Lina and Miyeong were sitting on Kayoung's bed just waiting for her to come out of her closet which she kept knocking the sliding doors since Miyeong couldn't keep her eyes closed. "Hurry up, Kayoung. The guys are going to be waiting on us by the time you get done in there." Lina called as Kayoung came out with clothes in her hands. Lina and Miyeong sighed as they were handed outfits. 

"What are you going to wear? Something to make Minjoo lose his tail feathers?" Miyeong asked 

"I don't know. Something simple and light weight. It gets hot in clubs." Kayoung said as she pushed them out. "Go get dressed then come back and report to me." Kayoung said as she pushed them out of her room. "I'll be in the bathroom doing my makeup when you two are done." Kayoung added as she started getting dressed. Kayoung had gotten dressed quickly just grabbed her curling iron and make up bag. She had just finished when she heard Lina and Miyeong walk in. "You two look so cute." Kayoung nodded. 

"I like it okay. You look really nice too." Lina nodded. 

Miyeong handed the wedges that Kayoung tried to get her to wear. "I don't do heels." Miyeong said as she was holding up her glitter flats for special nights. 

"Alright. I guess we don't have to do the heels for you Miyeong." Kayoung said as she looked at them. "Do you guys want me to do your hair?" Kayoung asked 

"No." The two said as the same time as Kayoung sighed. 

"I won't do crazy stuff." Kayoung said as she watched Miyeong just put a sparkly head band on her head then nodded. Lina just put a snackback on. "Thanks for letting dress you two up. I know it isn't your thing." Kayoung told them. 

"Oh no, I do like the outfit. You should have majored in fashion." Lina gave Kayoung a side hug. 

"It is just a hobby. I really teaching kids and being around them." Kayoung told them. 

"So how do you think Minjoo will react to your outfit. He doesn't seem like girls to show off too much skin." Miyeong nodded 

"I hope he thinks it cute that is all I care about. I only put this on for him." Kayoung said with a nod. 

The girls kept talking as Jaesung was upagainst the shower wall just hearing on them. Sometimes it was good to be a snake. He faked gagged and slipped out the way he came. The window. He straightened up just brushing off his outfit as he made his way to the front of the shrine. He entered the shrine just sitting down in the living room waiting for the others. Jaesung watched as Minjoo came next just holding an extra black cardgain in his arms. "Why are you bringing that?" Jaesung asked 

Minjoo looked at Jaesung. "It is for Kayoung. She never brings a jacket." He answered. 

Jaesung only nodded as Cirino sat down beside him. "I wish the girls would hurry up." Cirino said as he looked at the other two. 

"Oh, we are done. We can go now." Kayoung said as she slipped on her shoes at the door. The other two girls followed her. 

"You look nice Kayoung but wear this. You'll get cold." Minjoo said as he drapped his cardgain over her shoulders. 

"You're really sweet, you know that." Kayoung nodded 

"Are your injuries healed enough to walk in those? Do you want to hold on to me in case you trip?" He asked 

Kayoung smiled to herself and shook her head. "I am okay. I healed up because I had great nurse that patched me up." Kayoung winked and pointed at him. 

Minjoo cracked a small smile. "Ah, that was me." He blurted as she laughed as she stepped up on the bus. He sat down next to her just draping the cardgain he brought over her legs when she sat down. 

Miyeong was sitting with Lina as she looked over to Kayoung and Minjoo. "They are so cute. I bet all the people think that they are already a couple when they aren't." Miyeong told Lina. 

"And they make me want to gag." Jaesung turned his head to look at the two. "I don't know how I would feel if I turned into that everytime a girl I liked was around." He added. 

"You just have never found a person that you love. You could learn from Minjoo. He is really caring and sweet which a lot of girls like." Miyeong nodded. 

"So you would date him?" Jaesung huffed. 

"Uhm no. I don't like him that. I am just saying some of his traits are charming and some are not. It just depends on the girl.You know Jaesung, you should just worry about yourself rather than other people." Miyeong said as she flicked his nose. 

"Can I ask you something, short one?" Jaesung looked at her as he leaned on his elbow. 

"What? I am not that short." Miyeong told him. 

"Have you ever been to a club with boys before? Or even to something like this in general?" Jaesung asked 

Miyeong sighed and shook her head. "No, I haven't. I don't really like this type of stuff, but I am willing to try since Kayoung asked me to go." Miyeong said 

"Then you can stck wtih me then. I don't want you getting drugged and kidnapped or something. Lets be honest it might happen with you." Jaesung nodded. 

"Oh thanks for thinking so highly of me, reptile boy." Miyeong said 

"Your welcome, come on the bus stopped." Jaesung said as he let her go in front of him as they were the last two of their group off of  the bus. Jaesung and Miyeong followed behind Kayoung and the others just walking the streets. He looked at the top of building and knew this club. He had seen a few times out here with his friends. "Stick by me, deer in a head lights." Jaesung put one hand on Miyeong's back as they walked in the club - just by passing the guy checking ids at the door just seeing Kayoung let them get right past. They were greeted with loud music, lights, clinking drinks, and sober friends dragging their drunks ones out of the building. 

"This way." Kayoung yelled over the music just walking towards the back. She stopped infront of a table where Hojeon was pouring drinks for a couple of people as they quickly scattered as Hojeon waved his arm at them. "Hi, oppa. These are my friends. We all work at the shrine." Kayoung said as he waved. 

"Hojeon. I hope she hasn't cause too much trouble for you." He got up. 

"Of course I don't. This Cirino, Jaesung, Miyeong, you already know Lina, and finally this is Minjoo." Kayoung introduced to Hojeon. 

Hojeon could obviously guessed that the special friend Wonho had told him about was Minjoo since Kayoung had left for him last even though he was standing right in front of him. "Well you guys have fun and you all can have this table. I'll send someone over here to get your order. Kayoung, don't be a handful for him. You wouldn't want to scare him away like all the others." Hojeon teased his little sister.  

Kayoung started speaking when Minjoo spoke up. "She is too sweet for anyone to be scared." Minjoo said like he did with everything esle. Kayoung only smiled. 

"See, You are the only scary one around here." Kayoung told Hojeon as he walked off. Kayoung reached over Miyeong and grabbed a menu. "Do you guys want to eat here? The food is really good." She put the menu in front of them just grabbing a pen and pad from an empty table only for it be snatched for her. 

"You don't work here, little bunny. Let me take care of you. I am Wonho, her hyung sent me to take care of you all. What do you all want?" He asked

"Don't call me that. I already have someone that takes care of me, plus you couldn't take care of rock let alone real people. Just go turn this in, put on a thing called a tray, and bring it back like a good little puppy." Kayoung took his pen and wrote down what everyone wanted then patted his head. 

Wonho glared at her then noticed Minjoo fix the cardgain around her shoulders. "Oh, yes master. If I am good, do I get a reward?" Wonho stared at her 

"The only thing you'll get is a swift kick in the . Go." Kayoung sighed. 

"Wouldn't be that bad coming from you." Wonho his heel just handing their order to the bar tender then walked to a new table. 

"Who was that jerk?" Cirino asked as he turned to Kayoung. 

"I use to work here in the summers and I know Wonho from then. He is like that to everyone." Kayoung nodded. 

"You use to be one of those girls?" Miyeong asked 

"Well more or less. I dressed better and wore buny ears - but it isn't a hard job besides it beat being summer cram school if I told my parents I had a summer job." Kayoung shrugged. "Anyway tonight lets have fun and have a good time tonight." She said as their food was placed down on the table. Kayoung handed out chopsticks to everyone and started to pour drinks. 

"Kayoung, you should eat before these pigs eat everything." Lina said as she took the soju bottle from her. 

"Alright." Kayoung said as she started eatting. Kayoung finished her share as she started cleaning up to get the dishes and what not out of the way. She pushed them closer to th edge of the table just slipping past Miyeong. She walked over to Minjoo on the other end and pulled on his hand. "Come on lets dance before you have time to sit and think about your answer." Kayoung pulled him to his feet. 

"I don't reall- okay. I guess I can try." Minjoo followed her as she tossed the cardgain in the booth seat and he sighed. He was pulled off before he grab it and give it back to her. Minjoo didn't exactly like these type of places but tyring it out once wouldn't hurt him. Besides he already had the girl he wanted to dance with pulling him along so that was less work for him. He didn't exactly know how to dance either nor was he good at it. Maybe he could stand there and seem like he was moving to the music. 

"Hey, don't just stand there like a zombie or move side to side." Kayoung looked up at him as she got closer. Kayoung sighed as she placed his on her hips. "Just follow me okay?" She told him as she dance along to the music. 

Lina had dragged Miyeong out to the dance floor even thought this wasn't her thing. She wasn't going to let just Kayoung and Minjoo have all the fun. "Oh, don't worry. You'll do fine. Dance with Jaesung. He already is out here and looking like an idiot. Being idiot with him." Lina told her "Or one with me." She added. "This is our one night has regular kids in their twenties. We should at least try to step out of our comfort zones a little." Lina nodded at her

"I guess that you are right. I do need to step out of my bubble once in my life. Come on, reptile boy show me what moves you actually make you look cool." Miyeong said just walking closer to the dance area. 

"Are you coming or going to stuff your face wtih more spicy rice cakes?" Lina asked Cirino. 

"I feel like this is a trick question adn the second I lay a hand on you then I'll get hit." Cirino looked at her. 

"I never said that I wanted to dance with you. I was only asking if you were going to come to the dance floor. I don't like you that much." Lina walked off as he followed. 

"But now I know that you like me a little bit if you want me to dance near you." Cirino told her. 

"You are about to end up being the loser by himself." Lina warned him. 

"Fine." He huffed as they disappeared inot teh large dance crowd. 

►►►

Hojeon was standing at the top of the second floor just looking over to his friend that was looking at their phone. "Namjoon(RapMonster-BTS) are sure that the pawns are dead. We can't make news often. You'll know what he will say if anymore end up missing at my acord. Go fix it and find replacements quickly, but don't go near my sister and her friends. They work at a shrine. Who knows what will follow them if you are around." Hojeon looked at the guy. 

"They are gone. Faught a bunch of gods and goddesses trying to get back home. I won't let anymore out my sight. Oh don't worry. He won't kill you. You make him a lot of money and besides you are his human connection. You say that they work at a shrine, which one?" Namjoon looked up from his phone. 

"Ah, the old one that just opened up. Kayoung is their moon rabbit for something like that." Hojeon responded. 

Namjoon only laughed. "I only laugh because I made the connection faster than you did. Your sister and her friends killed our pawns last night. No worries, no one will find out from me though. I just hope that we don't have to one day kill them for thier powers. They are very strong beings and come from old kamisama magic. Our world, rank doesn't come from money like here - just power." He looked at the older male. "I should get down there to scout for more pawns. Don't say anything to your sister about you knowing. It will tip her off." Namjoon nodded as Hojeon grabbed his arm. 

"How?" He asked 

"Humans can be tricked into working for them as well. Powerful old gods or goddess die naturally and need new bodies. A shrine maiden is created to find them new bodies in which they found some very nice bodies just like you were tricked. Our world has to have some way into the human world quietly." He started down the steps to the ground floor as Hojeon followed. 

Hojeon found Kayoung and Minjoo on the edge of the dance just talking to each other. "Kayoung, it is getting late. You should go and get some rest. I know that working a big shrine is tiring so don't think you have to stay all night to make me happy. Besides you don't drink well." He added looking at her. 

"Yeah, I guess we should head back." Kayoung answered. 

"It was nice meeting you." Minjoo told Hojeon as he nodded. Minjoo walked behind Kayoung as they made their way back to the table. "Guys if you want we can go now." He told them. 

"Finally, this booze scent is getting on my nerrves." Miyeong got up just handing Kayoung the cardgain in which Minjoo took just now tieing it around Kayoung's waist as they were walking out. "Do the buses run this late to the shrine?" Miyeong asked as it was getting closer to midnight. 

"There might be one if we hurry." Lina said as she pushed Cirino forward. "Run off all the free food you stuffed down your muzzle and catch the bus for us." Lina looked at him as he sighed. 

"I offered you the last of the rice cakes but you said no." Cirino told her

"No, you just stuffed them in yoru mouth before I could answer. Now run." Lina glared at him as he took off just waving for them to hurry up. Soon they were all on the bus just stretching their legs and arms just ready to get back to the shrine. 

►►►

Minjoo had just come out of his room from changing into more comfortable clothes when he ran into Cirino and Jaesung. He was wondering how they did with getting the information that he wanted. He looked at them and put his hand on their shoulders. "Uhm, did you two find out anything?" He asked as Cirino only shook his head no. Jaesung simply told him good luck and both went on their way. Minjoo sighed only becoming more nervous when he looked at his phone and Kayoung had texted him if he wanted to go on a walk with her outside. He texted her back a simple yes just walking out to the back. He could tell that she had changed but was till weraing the cardgain now on regularly as she waited for him. Minjoo relaxed when he saw her smile up to him as they started down the usual path. 

"I hope that you had fun tonight. I know it isn't your thing nor is it mine, really. Though it is fun to spend time like with you all. I almost forgot about being a goddess." Kayoung laughed as she looked up to Minjoo who seemed to be in his own world but nodded along anyway. 

"I know what you mean." He quickly said as he sighed. Minjoo furrowed his eyebrows just thinking about what he wanted Kayoung to be to him. He knew that it would someone special but he didn't know if he should tell her though. He was probably over thinking like he usually did. 

"Are you okay? Do you want to sit down for a minute?" Kayoung asked as she sat down. Kayoung watched him sit down. "It feels nice out today, hopefuly teh stars are bright this-, oh you're asleep." Kayoung frowned looking down to see Minjoo asleep in her lap. Kayoung wondered if she should say it now as practice. Maybe it would make it easier to say when she was awake. "I love you." Kayoung looked down at him as she felt better. 

Minjoo thought he heard something and opened his eyes. He guessed that he had fallen asleep on her lap. He quicly sat up. "Did you say anything while I ws out?" He asked as he watched Kayoung get up. 

"We should get back before nightfall. You never know what will come out at night. I didn't say anything." Kayoung started back for the shrine. 

Minjoo stayed in his spot just watching her.  "I love you too." He said, bluntly just hoping she would turn around. He watched as she just froze in her spot just playing with the ends of the cardgain that she was wearing. He repeated what he said by saying 'I love you'. 

Kayoung had heard him the frsit time. She was just too embarrassed to turn around. She didn't actually think that he had heard her before. "I hear you stuipd." She told him as she nodded her head a bit. "I love you too." She whispered as he smiled at her. 

Minjoo walked up behind her just giving her a back hug and resting his chin on her head just holding her hands. He lifted up just turning her around and seeing a flushed on her rather than him. Minjoo gently pecked her on the lips just watching her get even more flushed. "Thank you." He told her as he wrapped his arms around her again just feeling her head hit his chest and her arms around his torso. "You can keep this by the way. It looks better on you than me." He told her as they started back to the shrine just hand in hand. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a new chapter guys. I hope that you guys like it. I hope it isn't too long. I was going to make this two chapters then just kept it as one.