Two

White Gowns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

..

 

When Jongin wake, the room is still dark. His skin is peppered with tiny scratches, though it's hot enough in there to cauterize his organs and dry out his lips, he lay frozen, ears pricked up, listening for the sound that stripped him of sleep.

 

It wasn't that he like the songs. No. They were there long before the nurses handed it to him, telling him he owns the player. But whether with the tune or with the voice itself, he kept listening to them. Same voice of a man. The voice sings mellow, of that emotional melody, of that ballad symphony, sometimes jazz of a bright mixed beat. But he never search of its name.

 

Curious and petrified, he open one eye and squint into the night. Is someone in his room? Something? One shadow dance across the darkened white walls.

Then it's quiet again.

For a moment, he's convinced it's all in his head.

Then a movement by the side table jolts him. He drag his eyes to the side.

 

No way. No. He cannot believe it.

 

At first, he noticed its cloth same as his. Loose all around its small body. Then its big shot black, glowing irises locked with him.

 

Heat pinballs up his spine, firing signals to his brain... Run! Run!

 

That white guy---who he have known his entire life for several days, doctors and nurses, warned him of this one creature. It always chase him, track him and hassle around. His survival rate has become nil.

 

 And though he had never seen this man up close before, he is not afraid. Something. Something in his eyes tells him not to be. They're calm, curious and friendly. Kind. There's pain in them too. Jongin can't help wondering, why a sadistic, mentally ill creature would feel anything other than menace.

 

When Jongin dare for a closer look, a leg climbed up in the bed sheet and he stumble back against the headboard. Though it looks small and harmless in figure, memories of this guy freaks out and scared him off reminds him to keep alert. The white guy kneeled there carefully and his lips pressed together and there was wrinkling fats joined in place both its cheeks. Its brows were so thick but the nose were like a thing of babies, not accurate for a man. Tiny and a bud of bewitch.

He stayed there for a long moment. Just staring into Jongin's eyes.

 

Silence echoes between their three steps distance. The white guy's eyes finally moved down, he began t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter