Chapter 25

Falling For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Falling For You

Chapter 25

 

“You're frowning a lot nowadays. Are you regretting accepting this role?” Rian’s manager asked her, while carrying her luggage to the car.

Rian shook her head lightly and tried to smile. She pushed her hair from her face and sighed, her phone continued ringing as she held it.

“Answer it or turn down the volume, you are not pleased with it.”  He said again. He was concerned over Rian as if she was his own younger sister. They spent a lot of time together, so they naturally grew closer. It wasn’t anything special that he worried over her.

Rian nodded. “That may be the best… to turn it off.” She chuckled humorlessly. “I won’t even need it, I'm going to the US. If it's important they can reach you, right oppa?” she asked him to make sure, just in case of Lee Hyun Wook or her mother were to call.

“You don’t need to worry about it. Just do whatever makes you feel better. Whatever may be concerning you right now – just forget it and instead focus. You will have to rest in the plane, since once you land you have filming right away.” Her manager informed her.

“Right. I'm not going on a vacation, but filming instead. It's really packed?” Rian asked him worried. Of course she realized she was going to the US for work, but after a long flight she should have rested a bit at least.

“I'm only informed about today’s schedule, Rian-ah. Once we get there, we will be told.” He said once they got in the van. “It will be already past afternoon when we get there, so do your best to sleep.”

Rian smiled and nodded. “Thank you oppa, I will make sure to do that. I need to do my best while filming in order to show a good image and not disappoint.”

“You never disappoint, Rian. It's just people who don’t appreciate the things you do for them.”

 

--/---

 

“What's with that gloomy face? I thought you were used to getting up early to work.” 

Shi Woo almost glared when he heard such words. Gloomy? What a perfect word to describe how he felt through the past few days. The one and only reason was obviously Rian, especially the way he couldn’t see her. Especially because Shi Woo didn’t make special effort before today. He was gloomy because he disappointed her and only realized it now.  Now Rian was probably already in the plane going to work with that ‘’ JB.

“it's not the early work that’s bothering me or making me gloomy. I just don’t feel like it.” Shi Woo answered grumpily.

“well, Shi Woo you can't work on a bright love song with such a heavy heart. I must have been wrong, but you were really happy and cheerful the past months. I thought this song would suit you, but maybe not.”

Shi Woo and the Producer were working on a song for his upcoming album, and the song was a love song, with a soft and bright sound.

“I can't work on a love song, because I can't experience love?” Shi Woo snorted. Once again he was taking everything the wrong way. But not too much after he said it he realized. “I'm sorry. You're right. My mind is filled with heavy thoughts and it's better to record this song later. But I'm clearly not giving this song away. It's mine.”

The producer nodded. “Go drink a coffee or go work out. Wake up and get your together. Lee Hyun Wook already is waiting to listen to the songs you want in your album to approve or not.”

Shi Woo rolled his eyes. “In the end he is going to approve them all, why even bother in the first place.”

“You have recorded a lot of songs and honestly, many other artists are waiting for them just in case. You can't have a perfect discography.”

Shi Woo fake yawned. “Whatever.” Without Rian being by his side, he was becoming like his rude self again. Even without realizing at times he was thoughtless while talking with people. Such actions Rian would never tolerate if she was with him.

But Shi Woo’s sudden change of behavior caught people’s attention. Rumors once again were blooming in the company, among the trainees. It wasn’t hard for Lee Hyun Wook to sense the trouble in paradise.

 

--/---

 

After a long flight, Rian landed safely. She was really surprised to see how the sky was getting darker here and it also made her sleepy. However she knew she had to endure. A special van was arranged, so she was on her way to the filming set. Everything was going smoothly.  Until she reached the filming set. Her heart was suddenly beating faster as if something took over her.

“Rian-ah, we’re here.” Her manager said once he opened the door for her. She met his eyes and nodded at him. She grabbed the script that was next to her and carefully got out of the van. She smiled gracefully while walking, politely greeting the staff who were working on the set.

“Rian, welcome.” The director greeted her and she bowed at him. “You must be tired from the flight, I apologize. We should have said beforehand that this was the first filming. I will try to compensate next time.”

Rian shook her head while keeping a sweet smile. “No, no… it's fine. It can happen. I will work hard, director-nim.” She bowed once again and then she was told to change into the clothes that were prepared for her.

 “It will be JB’s first filming for the drama as well, so I'm counting on yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter