Chapter 3

Subway

Namjoon tapped the tip of the pen to his lips, pursing them as he looked down at the table under him. The light overhead made the bright blue color of the schematic covering the table glare back at him even more.

“You’re going to hurt your eyesight even more doing that” he heard Seokjin say from behind him. He leaned up, back muscles aching as he straightened them out as he turned around. Namjoon rubbed his eyes as Seokjin came over, taking a look at the table himself. Namjoon yawned as he placed himself behind his partner, arms wrapping around Seokjin’s slim waist. Years had passed since meeting, since Namjoon had confessed to Seokjin of his feelings during a mission. Years had passed, yet Namjoon would always have a slight admiration for Seokjin’s incredible flexibility, whether it was aiding him while on missions or underneath Namjoon. He yawned again as Seokjin reached up to run his fingers through Namjoon’s hair. “The others should be back soon. How about you pack this stuff up for the night before you pass out yeah?” Seokjin said quietly, placing his cup of warm tea down on the new table. Tools laid on the seven chairs surrounding it, abandoned for sleep by a certain Min Yoongi. 
“Fi-” Namjoon cut himself off with a yawn, Seokjin’s stare proving him in the right, “ne, fine, let me just wait for them to get back. You should head to bed” Namjoon rubbed Seokjin’s shoulders, knowing how Seokjin would get cold from time to time. With the winter season around the corner, Namjoon could imagine how much colder the station would be when there was nothing but snow surrounding them. Seokjin nodded, leaning up to kiss Namjoon on the cheek before turning to walk towards the subway cart. Namjoon looked after him, seeing the figure pass by the beds, making sure the others who were fast asleep we still covered and protected from the cold. He smiled softly, admiring the presence that was Seokjin he had. Footsteps near the terminal took his attention, turning and walking towards them to see Hoseok and Taehyung making their way down the steps. 
“How did it go?” he asked, bringing the two over to the kitchen, warm cups waiting for them. The two grasped them, hugging the warmth of them through their gloves. Hoseok took the hood off of his head, brushing out the flecks of fresh snow out of his coat. 
“Well, where do you want to start?” he asked. 
“Anywhere” 
Turning towards Taehyung and spinning the boy around to reach the pack on his back. Pulling out the camera, Hoseok started. “It seems Senator Choi’s office is where he seems to do most of his dirty work and funny enough,” Hoseok flipped through the various photos, angles showing the exterior of the Senator’s office. “While the people of Seoul suffer through rough times, high prices and low employment, Senator Choi is resting peacefully in not only his office,” Hoseok came to a picture of a vast mansion, numerous body guards and security personnel spread throughout the compound, “but at home as well.” Namjoon sighed, rubbing his hand over his face. Taehyung turned, pulling up his phone as he clicked away. 
“That isn’t it,” he flipped the phone to Namjoon, taking it as a file loaded up on the screen. “About a year ago Senator Choi had a business meeting with a few other special guests” Namjoon zoomed in on the video footage of the Senator meeting with-
“the former Justice Administrator?” Namjoon asked. Months had passed since they had released information about Administrator Lee. Countless evidence released to the public about the reports he failed to file. Reports of crimes against the poor, domestic abuse cases thrown out the window, along with Lee once word got out. Now, Lee was jailed up in a cell somewhere, waiting out his life sentence.
“Looks like corruption was easy when somebody was preventing lawsuits to be filed against you. I hacked into their records system and turns out that numerous attempts at filing disputes against the senator were turned down or just simply gotten rid of.” Taehyung explained, shrugging off his jacket and setting it on the counter. 
“Looks like these two were pretty close,” Hoseok yawned, making his way towards the subway cart. “Who knows who else was with them.” Namjoon looked down at the camera, the faces of the two men smiling for the media and reporters as flashes went off repeatedly. Namjoon followed behind Taehyung as he walked over to their security booth, checking the screens before heading into the cart for the night. 
“Think we’re onto something here?” Taehyung asked, stepping into the subway car. With two cars for the seven of them, Namjoon didn’t think they would be able to fit comfortably, yet the three youngest and Hoseok managed to fit in one while he, Seokjin and Yoongi shared the other. 
“I don’t know Tae, looks like we’ll have to have a conversation with Senator Choi pretty soon” Namjoon said before making his way through the cart to the doors at the end. Entering the next cart, he could hear Yoongi’s headphones blaring as he slept peacefully. Namjoon kept walking, slipping off his shoes as he reached the soft carpet. The faux fur felt good under his feet as he neared the bed and the figure in it. Lifting the sheets, he slid in, moving up next to Seokjin’s back. Seokjin moved, feeling Namjoon’s body pressed up against him and turned, facing Namjoon. 
“They find anything?” He mumbled, sleep still having control over him. Namjoon leaned down, kissing his forehead before resting his chin on top of Seokjin. 
“Sleep, I’ll tell you and the others tomorrow” 
“Mkay” Seokjin responded before falling back asleep, Namjoon following behind him.