Subway

Subway

Sounds of laughter rang out in the once undisturbed station, rats and other little animals scurrying away from the source of the sound. Dust once settled was being kicked up into the air, covering the area with yet another layer of dust. It added to the appearance of the subway station being left to rot away in Seoul’s history. With society all around them evolving at a quick pace, everything that couldn’t keep up was left behind. Abandoned for years, the subway station was unused until a few days ago. A heist gone wrong left a bruised and bloody Taehyung with nowhere to run until he fell down the stairs and into one of the many stations.

“Cops didn’t even bother checking if I was down here. Hyung, its perfect what do you think?” Taehyung exclaimed, running his gloved hand over one of the benches, its metal covered in rust. Namjoon watched as Taehyung pried open one of the subway cars that was left to rust away in the tunnels.

Namjoon eyed the surroundings, from the chain link fence that was supposed to prevent anyone from entering, Taehyung proving it futile, to the tracks on the sides of the station, the tunnels they led into dark and empty. Yoongi made his way to the old ticket booths, eyeing the various broken CCTV’s.

“Well he’s not wrong Namjoon.” Yoongi commented, slapping Jimin’s hand every time he tried to touch one of the various keyboard, having forgotten his gloves back at their base. “It’s a good distance from the entrance and we could hear them coming a mile away.” Namjoon turned to Hoseok who made his way out of the tunnels, Jungkook following behind.

“There’s old service rooms that lead up to the surface we could use. Pretty sure this place is littered with them” Hoseok hopped up, holding his hand out to help Jungkook up. Namjoon looked at the members, his friends, his family, watching them tinker about the station, various things catching their interest.

Namjoon turned, looking for the final member of his small gang. Seokjin was off to the side of the group, running his hand over an old wooden desk, how it got down there Namjoon couldn’t tell you. Seokjin looked up, flicking the dirt off his gloved fingertip. Namjoon knew he hated dust.

“What do you think?” Namjoon asked, walking over to Seokjin, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his work hoodie. It was a gift from Seokjin back when they were in school. Back when they lived a normal boring life. It was his favorite. But he wouldn’t ever tell Seokjin. He already had Namjoon wrapped around his finger like the lovesick puppy he was.

‘You know how I feel about dust” Seokjin commented, smiling at the sight of the younger members finding what they called their new rooms.

“I know but I think someone else decided for us” Namjoon replied as hey grabbed hold of Seokjin’s hand, cleaning an imaginary piece of dirt off.

“You make the call boss” Jimin called out, stumbling out of the car with a Taehyung hot on his heels.

“Guy’s it’s only a rat” Jungkook explained, coming out at a leisurely pace behind them. Namjoon looked around the station. It was metal, a few touch ups to that that was rusted and it would look good as new.

“I guess we’re moving in.”